TOP 10

hounddog

I was there along with others who were just curious to see how McCallie's landmark challenge of the quota rule was going to turn out....and as we all know it didn't turn out well for McCallie that day. Why do you ask????

No

Posted by karelin:

Sly,

In your remarks to walkenvol you mentioned being at the trial in Chattanooga; I am curious, why you were there?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there along with others who were just curious to see how McCallie's landmark challenge of the quota rule was going to turn out....and as we all know it didn't turn out well for McCallie that day. Why do you ask????

No

Posted by karelin:

Sly,

In your remarks to walkenvol you mentioned being at the trial in Chattanooga; I am curious, why you were there?

No

Posted by karelin:

Sly,

Coach,

If there was only one tournament, your wrestlers would be buying tickets to get in.

Two tournaments...they get to wrestle.

Posted by KCHSCoach:

DoctorEvil, OPEN YOUR EARS, when are you going to understand that public schools do not have a monopoly on kids, this is a free country where people have a choice. The fact is privare schools are doing the publics a favor...PRIVATE school parents are still paying taxes for public schools yet their kids recieve none of the benefits from that tax. Instead they pay tuition to a DII school, therefore freeing funds for cashed straped public schools. Can you imagine the CHAOS if in Hamilton county, Baylor, McCallie, GPS, Notre Dame, Boyd Bucchanon, Chattanooga Christian, Temple, Grace all closed their doors and Hamilton county had to educate them, buy books, build the buildings.

Second point. Monopolies are wasteful, provide a poor product at too high a cost. (basic law of economics). Obviously Baylor, McCallie and all the rest must provide a good product for them to enroll kids and keep them. Competition is good it makes one provide the best product at the lowest possible price. If public schools want to keep the brightest and most talented, or athletic, then provide a good product! Obviously some schools are good some are not.

Third point kids are kids, let them compete, it does not matter if they are rich, or have more talent, or are more athletic, they are kids. Believe it or not in real life after graduation they all will be competting for jobs and scholarships. We have athletics in high schools to teach our kids lessons about life, hard work, discipline, commitment, time management, how to win and how to loose. This DI and DII split is so un-natural..it is so political to appese some big schools' coaches that came up short a year or two and got mad....and they were not even wrestling coaches but football coaches (biggest cry babbies in the world)

Lets do what is right for the sport, one state, one sport, one champion! Lets not water it all down

Posted by DblTech:
Posted by hounddog:

Dbltech....Where did you say Brentwood would finish. Be for real...Do they have some tranfers that we don't know about? Give me a break!

If I recall, Brentwood beat Franklin last year in the Region Duals and from what I gather not too many of Brentwood's wrestlers graduated. So that would lead me to believe that Brentwood will still be on top. I want to know why everyone is so gung-ho about Franklin. I know why I am but what about everyone else.

DblTech

Do you remember the score?

If I recall correctly, we are talking about what is best for the sport and kids not any one program. Try to look beyond your own petty wants and needs anmd see what is best for all. And for you commoner it is cheap shots like your about kids that feeds animosity, I am not going to stup to your level, try to discuss this like an adult or at least in a mature way with out insults!

Posted by Commoner:

Coach,

If there was only one tournament, your wrestlers would be buying tickets to get in.

Two tournaments...they get to wrestle.

Posted by KCHSCoach:

DoctorEvil, OPEN YOUR EARS, when are you going to understand that public schools do not have a monopoly on kids, this is a free country where people have a choice. The fact is privare schools are doing the publics a favor...PRIVATE school parents are still paying taxes for public schools yet their kids recieve none of the benefits from that tax. Instead they pay tuition to a DII school, therefore freeing funds for cashed straped public schools. Can you imagine the CHAOS if in Hamilton county, Baylor, McCallie, GPS, Notre Dame, Boyd Bucchanon, Chattanooga Christian, Temple, Grace all closed their doors and Hamilton county had to educate them, buy books, build the buildings.

Second point. Monopolies are wasteful, provide a poor product at too high a cost. (basic law of economics). Obviously Baylor, McCallie and all the rest must provide a good product for them to enroll kids and keep them. Competition is good it makes one provide the best product at the lowest possible price. If public schools want to keep the brightest and most talented, or athletic, then provide a good product! Obviously some schools are good some are not.

Third point kids are kids, let them compete, it does not matter if they are rich, or have more talent, or are more athletic, they are kids. Believe it or not in real life after graduation they all will be competting for jobs and scholarships. We have athletics in high schools to teach our kids lessons about life, hard work, discipline, commitment, time management, how to win and how to loose. This DI and DII split is so un-natural..it is so political to appese some big schools' coaches that came up short a year or two and got mad....and they were not even wrestling coaches but football coaches (biggest cry babbies in the world)

Lets do what is right for the sport, one state, one sport, one champion! Lets not water it all down

legman,

As I've said before, I do not represent McCallie, my opinions are my own. Just like you are willing to seek out top competition for your team by traveling to the Virginia Duels, McCallie has the same history of traveling to face the best competition. Considering the strength of your team, I don't think I'm going out on a limb with my opinion that they would welcome the opportunity to wrestle Bradley.

Thank you for sharing that your concern is only with recruiting/financial aid. That being the case, would you be willing to compete against only McCallie wrestlers who receive no financial aid and do not live in Bradley County? I have no idea if McCallie would be willing to designate between athletes on this topic due to student privacy records or if they would enter into a match with these restrictions, but if your willing it would be worth exploring. Road trips can be fun, but doesn't it make more sense to save everyone's gas and time wrestling outstanding local competition if its available?

Walkenvol, Why don't you just give it a rest. Legman has already explained his positions on the private/public debate. It seems you could do us all and the sport of wrestling a greater service by moving on to another issue that others could enjoy. Thanks.

Posted by walkenvol:

legman,

As I've said before, I do not represent McCallie, my opinions are my own. Just like you are willing to seek out top competition for your team by traveling to the Virginia Duels, McCallie has the same history of traveling to face the best competition. Considering the strength of your team, I don't think I'm going out on a limb with my opinion that they would welcome the opportunity to wrestle Bradley.

Thank you for sharing that your concern is only with recruiting/financial aid. That being the case, would you be willing to compete against only McCallie wrestlers who receive no financial aid and do not live in Bradley County? I have no idea if McCallie would be willing to designate between athletes on this topic due to student privacy records or if they would enter into a match with these restrictions, but if your willing it would be worth exploring. Road trips can be fun, but doesn't it make more sense to save everyone's gas and time wrestling outstanding local competition if its available?