Emmanuel Andrews co MVP of 8AAA WT?

Crunchtime

Lawrence County is well known for their boy's basketball talent. /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" /> Just look at all the college players from LCHS! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

No disrespect intended for Lawrence Co. They have a good team, and especially of late have been playing well. However, one would have to question that a team that is 11-18 and 6-6 in the district have 3 all-district players and the coach of the year.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure the majority of coaches aren't biased in their voting on the all district team, but evidently some are. I would like to see the bkb officials vote on the team. I agree that Andrews, was by far, the MVP of District 8AAA and I'm sure the bkb officials would have voted that way. It would be hard to find an MVP from Columbia, because they play so many guys. They have more depth than any team I've seen from this area. Bias usually comes from jealousy and it's unfortunate for both Shelbyville teams as they have ruled District 8AAA for several years.

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

The process of voting is not just in your district. Explain how the coach of the year in 9A went to a team that won only one district game and never came closer than 12 in any loss. This was a very unprofessional vote.

I'm sure the majority of coaches aren't biased in their voting on the all district team, but evidently some are. I would like to see the bkb officials vote on the team. I agree that Andrews, was by far, the MVP of District 8AAA and I'm sure the bkb officials would have voted that way. It would be hard to find an MVP from Columbia, because they play so many guys. They have more depth than any team I've seen from this area. Bias usually comes from jealousy and it's unfortunate for both Shelbyville teams as they have ruled District 8AAA for several years.

Agree wholeheartedly with Columbia comment. They do play alot of talented kids, and seem interchangeable in several positions. I will say that in meeting Marsalis Whitaker (Columbia #5 PG), he is a fine young man on and off the court and seems to play the game with the spirit kids should have. Easy selection for all-district.

Agree wholeheartedly with Columbia comment. They do play alot of talented kids, and seem interchangeable in several positions. I will say that in meeting Marsalis Whitaker (Columbia #5 PG), he is a fine young man on and off the court and seems to play the game with the spirit kids should have. Easy selection for all-district.

That being said I do believe Andrews is the most talented player in the district. All one had to do is watch him take over their game with Law Co Saturday at the end. Still co-MVP is not the end of the world, but not MVP would have been worse and a poor reflection on the district. Still puzzled though over the 3 LC players and only 2 from shelbyville and none from Tullahoma.

The Franklin County Coach skewed the entire process by voting for Andrews as the 15th best player. In the end, we had 3 Lawrence County players on the all district team and Coach of the year was from LC as well. According to that result, Lawrence County should have dominated the district with all of that talent and the best coach in the district.

I am not taking anything away from LC, but this whole process is a joke.

Congrats Columbia on a good job last night, Congrats Eagles on showing a ton of heart and class !!!!

It is my understanding that the Franklin Co. Coach did not vote the Andrews player a high number instead voted him number 1. I think people should check their info out before accusing someone falsely. Those who counted have no remembrance of telling any coach that this was done by the FC coach. What a dreadful situation anyway..let them share and be done with it.

It is my understanding that the Franklin Co. Coach did not vote the Andrews player a high number instead voted him number 1. I think people should check their info out before accusing someone falsely. Those who counted have no remembrance of telling any coach that this was done by the FC coach. What a dreadful situation anyway..let them share and be done with it.

No matter what you were told he did vote him 15th. The info has been checked and it is a fact.

daylily.....I'd love to sell you some swamp land in Flordia!!!!!

He is a JOKE...and the majority of FC folks I talk to agree...do you think you can underdstand that?

He is a disgrace to the entire District 8-AAA community.

The Franklin County Coach skewed the entire process by voting for Andrews as the 15th best player. In the end, we had 3 Lawrence County players on the all district team and Coach of the year was from LC as well. According to that result, Lawrence County should have dominated the district with all of that talent and the best coach in the district.

I am not taking anything away from LC, but this whole process is a joke.

Congrats Columbia on a good job last night, Congrats Eagles on showing a ton of heart and class !!!!

the main reason LC coach was voted Coach of the Year is because he coached a 2-12 lawrence county team with no hope at all to come back and almost upset shelbyville 3 times and end up finishing fourth in the district with whatever better record they have now..

daylily.....I'd love to sell you some swamp land in Flordia!!!!!

He is a JOKE...and the majority of FC folks I talk to agree...do you think you can underdstand that?

He is a disgrace to the entire District 8-AAA community.

Just my understanding that another coach voted high and that it was not him..I do not like to see anyone be blamed if not guilty...We are not as dumb as you might think....give a person the right benefit here and do nto just take sides because you do not like him...this could hold true of us all..

I don't know how the voting was tallied and I have no idea how anyone would know such things from a so-called secret ballot; however, in the past year I have got to know Carlos Smith and I can tell you he is both a good coach and an honorable man. Whatever was said or done last night is another subject altogether but I feel confident he did what he felt was best. To demean him without having all the facts is senseless at best. Let the kids play ball and just move on...