Oak Ridge Hires New Coach!

92Dragon

I've heard people make the argument about state rings and I just don't happen to believe that is the measure of a good coach. I heard people (not here) say Ron wasn't a good coach because he had no rings and I thought that was bogus and by the same token, him having a ring doesn't improve his status in my mind. As my good friend RallyKat pointed out, even the worst coach on a state championship team has a ring, it doesn't make him a good coach though.

And he's not paying me anything to say good things about him, that's all me. I haven't said anything about him that is false or untrue.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard people make the argument about state rings and I just don't happen to believe that is the measure of a good coach. I heard people (not here) say Ron wasn't a good coach because he had no rings and I thought that was bogus and by the same token, him having a ring doesn't improve his status in my mind. As my good friend RallyKat pointed out, even the worst coach on a state championship team has a ring, it doesn't make him a good coach though.

And he's not paying me anything to say good things about him, that's all me. I haven't said anything about him that is false or untrue.

Our "friendship" seems to be blossoming! We don't often agree, but we are a little more. I actually agree with your post.

That's baloney. Stevens had tons of support from everyone until his lack of effort shown through.

Ole Dad

Stevens was condemned by Ole Dad and many of the Oak Ridge faithful before he even held his first practice. He had won a state championship as a head coach, but yet that meant nothing. Now he and others want to credit Grey for his state ring as an assistant.

With that being said, it didn't work out with Stevens and OR needed a change, but how can you validate one coach for having a state ring as and assistant but condemn another who has one as a head coach. Heck I bet the team managers and trainers for Catholic have state rings also. Can you explain that?

That's baloney. Stevens had tons of support from everyone until his lack of effort shown through.

Ole Dad

I must have been reading a different forum. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Anyway, coach Blade is here and it's time to move on. Does anyone know when spring practice is starting?

I must have been reading a different forum. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Anyway, coach Blade is here and it's time to move on. Does anyone know when spring practice is starting?

Just so I am on the same page, Are you saying SS did not get a fair shake at OR?

Just so I am on the same page, Are you saying SS did not get a fair shake at OR?

You said it earlier, it was a lost cause from the start. Take it how you want.

My opinion on whether he got a fair shake really is a mute point, I feel once he got the job he had the responsibility to make it work, for whatever reasons he did not. End of story.

You said it earlier, it was a lost cause from the start. Take it how you want.

My opinion on whether he got a fair shake really is a mute point, I feel once he got the job he had the responsibility to make it work, for whatever reasons he did not. End of story.

Whew... my bad. I thought you meant we should have endured more loses, and have more coaches assaulted, more fans & players cursed out ... Yes, like I said from the start, that hire should have never been made.

Not that I am saying that we will start winning anytime soon, we have a long way to go. But I am in for the long haul.

All have been offered jobs by coach if they choose to stay. It will be interesting to see who accepts and if Ron comes back on board.

Ole Dad

David Clary interviewed Coach Blade at halftime of the girl's game on Monday night. Coach said he was still having discussions with the present staff and could be open to 3 or 4 outsiders coming in.

I hope DCCATVOICE will clarify what I think I heard. Dave?

David Clary interviewed Coach Blade at halftime of the girl's game on Monday night. Coach said he was still having discussions with the present staff and could be open to 3 or 4 outsiders coming in.

I hope DCCATVOICE will clarify what I think I heard. Dave?

I hope that means he wants to get rid of four of them. There are easily AT LEAST four that we could do without.

Are the coaches there really that bad? I don't know and I am not trying to stick up for them. I just don't know enough about what was going on the past 2 seasons. Did they do a bad job? Did the buy in to what Stevens was trying to run. I don't think any of them undermined the program to get a new HC. It seemed like we had some good coaches that know what they are doing and maybe it just didn't work for our team. Again I'm clueless to the ins and outs. Can Coach Blade get them on the same page? Do we need new blood in the staff. I only ask b/c it seems that it will be difficult to bring in many new coaches with the salary the OR teachers make. No way to just clean house and bring in a new staff and anyone would be crazy to leave the OR school district as a educator.