Supreme Court

PHargis

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Sometimes we have to respect others views even if we don't agree. If a coach wants to lead his team in prayer and someone is an atheist they can just sit there and ignore it. Respect without causing a scene.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you scanning all the threads for copyright infringement or just certian ones? /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

What? A whole article was pasted in here and I read it. I'm on two boards who just got hit with legal action for the same thing. I was trying to help to keep that from happening here so if none of you care if it gets shut down I don't guess it matters. Get the board shut down if you want.

What? A whole article was pasted in here and I read it. I'm on two boards who just got hit with legal action for the same thing. I was trying to help to keep that from happening here so if none of you care if it gets shut down I don't guess it matters. Get the board shut down if you want.

Good Enough /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Off topic, but it frustrates me that you could retype the article, cite references and it's ok. Copy and paste with the banner and by-line and you are a felon. Personally, I like a link better. That way if you reply, it doesn't take up 2 pages.

It's very convenient that the quotes used earlier were totally taken out of the context of what it was written for. Thomas Jefferson was one of the most liberal of the Founding Fathers, but even he made mention on a number of occasions that the freedom of religion was important. In his letter to the Danbury Baptists, he made mention of the separation of church and state, but in context it meant that the government should not be able to interfere in free exercise thereof or make any religion a state religion. Fact of the matter is, I think anyone can see that with religion, for the most part, people are happier. I personally see it every day. What in the world is wrong with asking the designer of this world and our bodies to be with our athletes as they play their respective sport? This is rediculous. It makes more sense to me to have a faith in a supreme being than it does to have faith in nothing and think that when I die, that will just be it. Our kids need guidance and protection when they play, and in the unfortunate event someone does get hurt, well, accidents happen. I teach and coach and I cannot imagine what my life would be like as a teacher or a coach without God and being able to ask him to guide me and grant me patience, perseverance, and safety.

It's very convenient that the quotes used earlier were totally taken out of the context of what it was written for. Thomas Jefferson was one of the most liberal of the Founding Fathers, but even he made mention on a number of occasions that the freedom of religion was important. In his letter to the Danbury Baptists, he made mention of the separation of church and state, but in context it meant that the government should not be able to interfere in free exercise thereof or make any religion a state religion. Fact of the matter is, I think anyone can see that with religion, for the most part, people are happier. I personally see it every day. What in the world is wrong with asking the designer of this world and our bodies to be with our athletes as they play their respective sport? This is rediculous. It makes more sense to me to have a faith in a supreme being than it does to have faith in nothing and think that when I die, that will just be it. Our kids need guidance and protection when they play, and in the unfortunate event someone does get hurt, well, accidents happen. I teach and coach and I cannot imagine what my life would be like as a teacher or a coach without God and being able to ask him to guide me and grant me patience, perseverance, and safety.

What an excellent post!!! My hat is off to you. I, myself, am so sick of everyone else that don't agree with being a Christian think they are the only ones who have rights, and think they also have the right to tell us as Christians what they think our rights are. I have the right to believe that there is only ONE TRUE AND LIVING GOD, I also have the right to teach my daughters the same thing as well. My oldest had heart surgery 4 months ago, I could not image what it would have been like sitting in the waiting room while her Doctor operated on her without being able to exercise my right to pray. Also, when I sit in the stands, watching her play basketball and her grasp for breath during a game after the Doctor 's release. Now, whoever others pray to and how they chose to live is their right, but WHO I pray to and worship is my right. I chose to believe there is God, the Supreme Being, I prefer not to gamble in not believing in God and not being a Christian. Christians! WE need now more than ever to stand for our rights!!!

It has never been more evident to me that we must stand up for this right of ours. It was touching tonight at the Lawrence Co / Blackman game to hear the young lady that is the president of Lawrence Co FCA give the invocation before the game. They gave her name, but I didn't catch it. Her parents and pastor should be very proud. I guess if that is to continue, the coaches are going to have to leave the gym while it takes place.

Thank you so much for your post. It means so much to parents like myself to know there are teachers and coaches like you who choose not to stand by and let others dictate how you will do your job. By letting the ONE AND ONLY TRUE AND LIVING GOD lead you, you can't go wrong. If our children are not taught that having morals and values is a must....if they are not taught that they will answer for each and every thing they do ....if they are not taught that GOD is there for them even in their darkest hour......if they are not taught to trust in HIM AND ONLY IN HIM......there will be no hope for future generations. And yes, this should all begin in the home first, but how great it is to know they can also hear it and see it in their teachers and coaches. I too am sick to death of others who feel their rights are being infringed upon because I and other Christians exercise OUR rights to exercise OUR freedom of religion. As Christians, WE MUST STAND UP NOW. Do not let the ACLU and others around us, take away our freedom. Even when they say we can't, WE ABSOLUTELY CAN! AMEN !

Just another reason to yank our children out of public schools as quickly as possible.

To the contrary, sir. As a graduate of a very small, very conservative private Christian school, I say we need to be in public schools more now than ever...in history. Jesus 'hung out' with the unsaved. It's the Great Commission and we need to do the same...and let our Light shine. Not for self-gratification. For HIS glory!

I Peter 3:15