DC and Northside

1brutalchoctaw

yankees is right unless there is a freak accident Prather will get his. He rebounded very well the last time DC played NS in the region and he is a much better player now.

As for Hudson from UTM he is a man among boys most nights in the OVC a very selfless player and loves the game I had the pleasure of watching him work out while I was helping UTM's program. Lester wasn't eligible yet but he would put up the shoot away after practice and shoot and shoot and shoot some more. He would play pick up and it looked like he was a god among peons. The interesting thing was he could have scored every point in those pick up games he would still pass to the guy that was open no matter how good the guy was.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yankees is right unless there is a freak accident Prather will get his. He rebounded very well the last time DC played NS in the region and he is a much better player now.

As for Hudson from UTM he is a man among boys most nights in the OVC a very selfless player and loves the game I had the pleasure of watching him work out while I was helping UTM's program. Lester wasn't eligible yet but he would put up the shoot away after practice and shoot and shoot and shoot some more. He would play pick up and it looked like he was a god among peons. The interesting thing was he could have scored every point in those pick up games he would still pass to the guy that was open no matter how good the guy was.

No doubt in my mind Prather will get his....I think anyone who has kept up with him in any sense for the last few years knows that. This game is a toss up for me....way too many variables involved.

Just like in any game of 2 teams that are good the little things make the biggest difference. FT's, Reb's, TO's will be big. Whoever controls the boards has a big advantage in any game, makin' FT's I don't need to elaborate, and the less TO's the better off you are.

Any word on CJ's college prospects? I know someone is interested in him.

Just like in any game of 2 teams that are good the little things make the biggest difference. FT's, Reb's, TO's will be big. Whoever controls the boards has a big advantage in any game, makin' FT's I don't need to elaborate, and the less TO's the better off you are.

Any word on CJ's college prospects? I know someone is interested in him.

You know I haven't asked his mom in awhile.......posted some schools earlier in the season but heck I can't remember who all it was.

I kinda agree with GC when posting about Fussell on the girls board. I don`t care if Prather scores 50 pts as long as DC can contain thr rest of the team and score more than 50 points. One man can not win a game alone.

I've talked about this scenario at length with someone.....did we talk about this too??? Again I can't remember....my memory is obviously shot /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Don`t think so MOM, but I do think if DC can at least slow Prather down, then obviously it would put the odds in our favor. Not to take anything away from the rest of them and I know he will be near impossible to slow down, but that should be a given. I still think it can be done because 1) we will drive the lanes and either score or get them in foul trouble and 2) with the DC bench being so deep, we will have many more fouls to give wearing Prather down. Not saying this will happen, just saying it can. I will put three sets of really fresh legs up agaist one player anyday. GC i haven`t seen him play this year, but if a good team CAN slow him down a little, shouldn`t that even things up a little. Remember I said a good team with good shooters of their own. I`ve seen NS`s scores and they don`t average much different on pts than DC does.

Somebody give me the lowdown on the games at GC. Girls and boys. The papers and radios are giving diff info

Don`t think so MOM, but I do think if DC can at least slow Prather down, then obviously it would put the odds in our favor. Not to take anything away from the rest of them and I know he will be near impossible to slow down, but that should be a given. I still think it can be done because 1) we will drive the lanes and either score or get them in foul trouble and 2) with the DC bench being so deep, we will have many more fouls to give wearing Prather down. Not saying this will happen, just saying it can. I will put three sets of really fresh legs up against one player any day. GC i haven`t seen him play this year, but if a good team CAN slow him down a little, shouldn`t that even things up a little. Remember I said a good team with good shooters of their own. I`ve seen NS`s scores and they don`t average much different on pts than DC does.

Somebody give me the lowdown on the games at GC. Girls and boys. The papers and radios are giving diff info

Prather is simply a beast. If memory serves me right, Dyersburg and NS were tied at the half when the two faced off in Jackson early on in the season. Prather got called for 2 first half charges and had to sit out the last 3 minutes of the first half. NS outscored Dyersburg 25-3 in the third quarter.

In other words, yes, it would be wise to get Prather in foul trouble, but he will eventually come back into the game. Then again, in EVERY game this year, Dyersburg fell apart in the third. (Except @ DC, that was the 4th /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> )

Maybe DC can play well enough to make it close at the end and have Prather in foul trouble. Who knows, DC might not have to have Prather in foul trouble to win, but they will have to hit their free throws and open up the perimeter game.

Good luck DC.

Don`t think so MOM, but I do think if DC can at least slow Prather down, then obviously it would put the odds in our favor. Not to take anything away from the rest of them and I know he will be near impossible to slow down, but that should be a given. I still think it can be done because 1) we will drive the lanes and either score or get them in foul trouble and 2) with the DC bench being so deep, we will have many more fouls to give wearing Prather down. Not saying this will happen, just saying it can. I will put three sets of really fresh legs up agaist one player anyday. GC i haven`t seen him play this year, but if a good team CAN slow him down a little, shouldn`t that even things up a little. Remember I said a good team with good shooters of their own. I`ve seen NS`s scores and they don`t average much different on pts than DC does.

I couldn't remember if we talked about this before the game the other night or not /laugh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> ....I agree with what all you said though.....I have had this exact conversation with someone else /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The difference between Fussell and Prather is Fussell doesn't have near the weapons that Prather has along side him. Rod and Trevail can shoot the lights out of the ball, especially Rod. This will be a good game nevertheless.

DC has players that can shoot lights out also......you are right this will be a good game.