DC and Northside

1brutalchoctaw

I am gonna say this and get hammered for it but most of the fans at DC have just heard of this kid and if he come out and does'nt have a good game then they will all be experts. They have never seen a player like him. He is not CJ, Rex, Fred, or any other player to wear a DC uniform. PRATHER IS THE REAL THANG!!!! The kids at DC are familiar with him from a league in Jackson where he dunked on them a few times as an 8th grader. He is growing every year and probably will untill he is about 20 or so. Can DC win? Yea anyone can win any game. Like GC said he will be the best athlete/player in the gym. Yankees said he is a 5 star athlete and 4 star player no more truth can be said. I would say there is a 90% chance he will be a 5 star player by the time he graduates. In today's time he probably won't go down as a legend like Delk or Kemp but he could the best player ever to come from West TN.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am gonna say this and get hammered for it but most of the fans at DC have just heard of this kid and if he come out and does'nt have a good game then they will all be experts. They have never seen a player like him. He is not CJ, Rex, Fred, or any other player to wear a DC uniform. PRATHER IS THE REAL THANG!!!! The kids at DC are familiar with him from a league in Jackson where he dunked on them a few times as an 8th grader. He is growing every year and probably will untill he is about 20 or so. Can DC win? Yea anyone can win any game. Like GC said he will be the best athlete/player in the gym. Yankees said he is a 5 star athlete and 4 star player no more truth can be said. I would say there is a 90% chance he will be a 5 star player by the time he graduates. In today's time he probably won't go down as a legend like Delk or Kemp but he could the best player ever to come from West TN.

I know this.....that is why I am excited to see him play!!!!!! I am a fan of TALENT....don't care what school you go to. I have been reading about him for 2 yrs. and am VERY well aware of how big of a talent he is and his stock will only rise next year. Regardless what kind of game he has....I know the kid is a rare talent. So there you have one DC fan not hammering you.

Your pretty realistic, unlike some others, I didn't expect it from you. If your disappointed when watching him then I will be surprised. When I was the lone guy here telling people that DC would go from nothin' to somethin' fast I metioned how a few people had seen Prather and would be totally shocked in a few years we didn't know where he would go to school, we heard NS, most recommended Liberty. He is a flat out player and even in Jr High he had a sense about him that you could tell he was gonna be big.

Honestly, Prather has never "slacked off" in any game I have ever seen him play in HS or in AAU. Havent had one major college coach who has come in to see him say anything other than he plays extremely hard on both ends the entire game. He is a terrific defender both sides of the ball due to his quickness, length and with shot blocking ability. He is smart enough though to not just try to swat every shot that comes in. He took 3 charges in District Finals loss which is a rare commodity. In the game vs. Milan he had 36pts, 13rebs, 8 stls and 6 blks (frankly I thought he had more blocks).

I agree with yankees in that it comes down to Northside's other players. Frankly, I think Northside is the underdog in this one. Their biggest problem is protecting the ball and limiting turnovers. It usually their demise against better teams. They have several capable scorers around him on offense but again, must limit turnovers to have a chance to win this one. They have very young guards (which Dyer does too) but CJ is leader and he has plenty of experience which could go along way.

Will you guys be playing in "the real deal on the hill" this spring?

Honestly, Prather has never "slacked off" in any game I have ever seen him play in HS or in AAU. Havent had one major college coach who has come in to see him say anything other than he plays extremely hard on both ends the entire game. He is a terrific defender both sides of the ball due to his quickness, length and with shot blocking ability. He is smart enough though to not just try to swat every shot that comes in. He took 3 charges in District Finals loss which is a rare commodity. In the game vs. Milan he had 36pts, 13rebs, 8 stls and 6 blks (frankly I thought he had more blocks).

I agree with yankees in that it comes down to Northside's other players. Frankly, I think Northside is the underdog in this one. Their biggest problem is protecting the ball and limiting turnovers. It usually their demise against better teams. They have several capable scorers around him on offense but again, must limit turnovers to have a chance to win this one. They have very young guards (which Dyer does too) but CJ is leader and he has plenty of experience which could go along way.

Maybe "slacked" wasn't a good term for me to use.....I was speaking of what yankees eloborated on. DID NOT mean as a player he is lazy if that is how anyone took it....yankees said the coach has him back off some which is WHAT I was talking about....which makes perfect sense as to not get in foul trouble. My comment was in no way meant the way it was obviously taken. Yankees has been telling me for 2 yrs. to go see this kid play....missed my chance last year....excited to see him tomorrow night.

31 - 1 versus 18 - 4 says DC should win /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> with all out hustle /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Then I factor in Prather who is going to be or may already be one of the best from West TN.

It's high school basket ball anything can happen only time will tell /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> let the play on the court decide!

Go Choctaws /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

regardless of the outcome of this game, i think it will start a pretty thick rivalry, with both schools moving up to AAA next year and them being in the same district. both teams wil be battling for the top of the district next year.

both teams will leave it all on the court tommorrow night.

this is our toughest game of the year so far, and i dont think our guys will disappoint.

im ready to see a sea of orange packed around the gym in dyer tommorrow night!

northside didnt have school today and wont tommorrow. how does that affect this one?

I don't know if you want to get a rivalry heated too much with NS over the next few years. They only have 1 Senior on this years team and the team is GOOD! Prather and Musgrave are only Juniors as well as 3 pt. king Rod Long being a Sophomore this year. North Side needs to get some games with Liberty next year. Schools about 10 miles apart from each other... TALENT GALORE.... I'd pay 5$ to watch it!

I don't know if you want to get a rivalry heated too much with NS over the next few years. They only have 1 Senior on this years team and the team is GOOD! Prather and Musgrave are only Juniors as well as 3 pt. king Rod Long being a Sophomore this year. North Side needs to get some games with Liberty next year. Schools about 10 miles apart from each other... TALENT GALORE.... I'd pay 5$ to watch it!

not that i want to, but itll happen. and itll be fun battling it out for the top spot in the district. weve only got 2 seniors that contribute for the mostpart. and three evertalented freshman, you know who they are.

is that rod long kid related to the twins that played @ liberty?