DC and Northside

1brutalchoctaw

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to watch NS and Milan tonight. Milan hung around for 3 quarters, but NS eventually extended their lead in the 4th. I heard the Milan fans saying that that was the best game they had played all year and it was definately the best game I saw Milan play this year despite the loss. Shepherd was lights out from three in the first half and that's what mainly kept Milan in the game.

As for DC/NS, I'll take NS by 7. I expect Rod Long for NS to have a big game as well as Trevail Musgrave (I think that's the name???) to get some key points in as well with DC focusing mainly on Prather down low. IF Big Ced get's in foul trouble, Prather is going to score at will. DC's defense/press is what's going to keep them in this game. If they can create points off of turnovers they could win this game. DC is going to have to knock down the outside shot in order to win this game as well. The driving to the basket that Fred and CJ do will be mighty hard to do against a NS zone with Prather in the middle. Hudson, Rex, and CJ will HAVE to be knocking down the 3 in order for them to win. I'm looking forward to some GREAT high school talent at GC Monday night. Good Luck to both of these teams!

I haven't seen Prather play this season, but if memory serves me, he isn't a defensive giant. He does well inside but can't defend at high speeds. I don't think he will stop CJ or Fred from going to the basket. When he tries, their acrobatic style is going to get him into foul trouble. He WILL get his on offense I suppose, but I agree with whoever said " one man can't win a game". Don't know if it's true, but I heard someone mention that Prather has a little trouble with other big men inside. Anyone know?

Apparently NS doesn't do well on the boards either, Milan outrebounded them by around 15. If Big Ced has another double double like friday, NS will struggle there again.

Yes, DC squeaked by Haywood, but the only two for DC who had a good game were CJ and Ced. Fred was way off his usual game, JDH only attempted one 3, and Rex scored less than ten. If you can chalk Fred and JDH's off games up to nerves, then they ought to look much differently on Tues. night. Rex never has to slow games in a row.

I pick DC by 5!

Guarantee you Prather gets atleast 3-4 blocks tomorrow night. Lawrence Douglas, Luke Postoak, and the Vaughan kid all kept trying to drive in, soon to meet Mr. Prather. If you think he has problem with other big men in the paint, why are all of these Major D-1 coaches on his back? Prather will be the best player on the court by far. I'm going to make a bold prediction and say he get's another double-double. This will be DC's biggest competition this year, most likely.

Guarantee you Prather gets atleast 3-4 blocks tomorrow night. Lawrence Douglas, Luke Postoak, and the Vaughan kid all kept trying to drive in, soon to meet Mr. Prather. If you think he has problem with other big men in the paint, why are all of these Major D-1 coaches on his back? Prather will be the best player on the court by far. I'm going to make a bold prediction and say he get's another double-double. This will be DC's biggest competition this year, most likely.

Prather very well may get those blocks....I still stick by what I said in my earlier posts too /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> If no one thinks DC has a good chance then that is just crazy...DC definitely has just as much chance as NS. No doubt Fred and John did not have their best game the other night....I think things will be different tomorrow night with them. When they are on the scoreboard goes up in numbers.

Prather will get a double double...mark it down. This game will come down to NS supporting cast. I have been watching Prather since his freshman season...probably seen this kid more than most. Prather really doesn't have a weakness at the highschool level.....but, his talent is somewhat harnessed at this level like it is with alot of great players. Prahter can do more than he is allowed to do. Prather is one of the top players in the country.....If I remember correctly hardly anybody on here had ever heard of Prather, much less seen him play, until I started talking about him early last season (going into his sophmore season).....as a matter of fact I seem to recall telling everybody he would be a consensus top 50 player (before he was)....now people are coming out of the woodwork as some kind of Prather experts.....Here is the deal with Prather...he is a 5 star athlete and a 4 star player who could very well be a 5 start player by the end of the summer. Prather could be a more dominant player on the defensive end...he has to be carefull on the defensive end of not pciking up cheap fouls because Jackson NS all starts and ends with Prather.....IT'S REALLY THAT SIMPLE. That's just my opinion.....and I have heard Rick Rudesill pretty much say the exact same thing (in regards to the defensive end)...heard it with my own two ears.

Prather will get a double double...mark it down. This game will come down to NS supporting cast. I have been watching Prather since his freshman season...probably seen this kid more than most. Prather really doesn't have a weakness at the highschool level.....but, his talent is somewhat harnessed at this level like it is with alot of great players. Prahter can do more than he is allowed to do. Prather is one of the top players in the country.....If I remember correctly hardly anybody on here had ever heard of Prather, much less seen him play, until I started talking about him early last season (going into his sophmore season).....as a matter of fact I seem to recall telling everybody he would be a consensus top 50 player (before he was)....now people are coming out of the woodwork as some kind of Prather experts.....Here is the deal with Prather...he is a 5 star athlete and a 4 star player who could very well be a 5 start player by the end of the summer. Prather could be a more dominant player on the defensive end...he has to be carefull on the defensive end of not pciking up cheap fouls because Jackson NS all starts and ends with Prather.....IT'S REALLY THAT SIMPLE. That's just my opinion.....and I have heard Rick Rudesill pretty much say the exact same thing (in regards to the defensive end)...heard it with my own two ears.

/thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> thank you there yankees!! I think I said something to the effect of Prather slacking on defense as to not get in foul trouble. I've talked to 3-4 people who have seen him play and they say the exact same thing. YOU know I'm excited to see this kid play.....I missed that game last year when I had a chance and have regretted it.

Some people have been wondering about the play datesThe girls teams do play tonight with Gibson Co vs.Obion Cen. at 6...Northside vs.Westview at 7:30..Tomorrow night or Tuesday night Dyer Co. plays Northside at 6:00 followed by Covington against Fayette Ware at 7:30..The girls championship will be Wednesday night at 7:00...The boys championship will be Thursday night at 7:00 !

yankees, NS was playing just as well without Prather in the game the other night against Milan. I know that is Milan, but while Prather was out, Rod Long stepped up and nailed down 2 consecutive 3's, Trevail made several drives to the basket, a free throw here and there and that was just enough to give Prather a breather and get him back into the game and back to his dominant ways. I knew about Prather during his Sophomore year. I hadn't seen him play until this year though. I had talked to some that had seen him and said he was a beast and they were correct. Just think if he grows another 2 more inches, lol. He stands about 6'5 right now... I'm not marking DC out of this game, but if I were to bet money I'd bet it on Prather and NS.

yankees, NS was playing just as well without Prather in the game the other night against Milan. I know that is Milan, but while Prather was out, Rod Long stepped up and nailed down 2 consecutive 3's, Trevail made several drives to the basket, a free throw here and there and that was just enough to give Prather a breather and get him back into the game and back to his dominant ways. I knew about Prather during his Sophomore year. I hadn't seen him play until this year though. I had talked to some that had seen him and said he was a beast and they were correct. Just think if he grows another 2 more inches, lol. He stands about 6'5 right now... I'm not marking DC out of this game, but if I were to bet money I'd bet it on Prather and NS.

He is really starting to fill out to.

http://www.Unapproved Website/viewprospect.asp?pr_...480&Sport=2Casey Prather was 6'4'' as a freshman...Made the Jackson Sun All West Tn 1st team.....Don't know WHAT All state team he made...Last year he made the STREET AND SMITH"S Honorable mention AA UNDERCLASSMAN team...Blew out a knee to come back before the tournament started...Put up 50 plus at Fayette Ware last year...The MOST EVER SCORED ON THAT FLOOR....Carlos Clark, Mitchell Cheers, Freddie Fleming, Frank Holmes, there have been some GREAT players at Fayette Ware down through the years...And none of them or ANY opposing player ever scored over 50 at Fayette Ware...Prather did...He has long thought to be a Vandy or North Carolina lean...Guarantee you...he will be one of the top 30 players in the nation next year if not higher...

Best prospect since Tony Delk...IMO in this area...Willie Kemp and Wayne Chism at Bolivar Central were recruited by EVERYBODY....Trey Pearson was the BEST ALL AROUND player I have ever seen..If you needed the big shot, the big pass, the big rebound, etc...he was your man..and he was recruited by Oklahoma, Memphis, before signing with Ole Miss..got booted down there...and ended up at Murray State where he got BOOTED there...ended up at Lambuth..LOTS OF TALENT BUT NO BRAIN...

Prather is a REAL D-1 prospect....Not a Mid-major prospect but a BIG-TIME talent...It will be interesting to watch him tomorrow night...

Honestly, Prather has never "slacked off" in any game I have ever seen him play in HS or in AAU. Havent had one major college coach who has come in to see him say anything other than he plays extremely hard on both ends the entire game. He is a terrific defender both sides of the ball due to his quickness, length and with shot blocking ability. He is smart enough though to not just try to swat every shot that comes in. He took 3 charges in District Finals loss which is a rare commodity. In the game vs. Milan he had 36pts, 13rebs, 8 stls and 6 blks (frankly I thought he had more blocks).

I agree with yankees in that it comes down to Northside's other players. Frankly, I think Northside is the underdog in this one. Their biggest problem is protecting the ball and limiting turnovers. It usually their demise against better teams. They have several capable scorers around him on offense but again, must limit turnovers to have a chance to win this one. They have very young guards (which Dyer does too) but CJ is leader and he has plenty of experience which could go along way.