DC and Northside

1brutalchoctaw

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....but he can't create his own shot.... that's a joke! Several people on here have said he can't create his own shot. Hudson CAN create his own shot and that is evident by the fact he only hit one or two threes as stated.

No kidding /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

I went with Barksdale to watch a game at Tennessee State a few weeks back and it was my first time to see him. He put up 34 on something ridiculous like 14 of 17 from the field, 5 assists (3 behind the back passes in traffic) and 5 or so boards. Without a doubt a man among boys. Anybody who missed seeing him play missed something special.

DC by the closest of margins.

GO BLUE DEVILS!!

My crystal ball wasn't that far off!!

I went into Wal Mart at the half and DC was up twelve. Come back out and North Side has the ball with a chance to win it. Hate I missed it!!

Not knocking DC but Northside should've won this game. It was the worst job of officiating i've ever seen! Especially the 1st and 3rd foul on Prather. Alot of ppl came to that game to watch him play, not the refs blow the whistle every other play. Prather sat half of the 1st, the whole 2nd, and half of the 3rd. The kids should be able to play the game. The refs also called some bad calls on DC. The game could've been so much more exciting, i was very upset with the refs and so were alot of others. But anyways good luck to DC thursday.

Northside's Coach is a BONEHEAD!....Not taking anything AWAY from DC..They fought and scratched....Hustled and played HARD...Northside obviously wasn't used to that kind of pressure..

But here is the thing...First quarter...Prather comes down on the fast break..and charges...FOUL #1...A little later gets FOUL #2.....I turned to the person next to me and said..."WELL..That's it for him for awhile...2 quick ones and he will be on the bench..What does the Northside coach do?....LEAVE HIM IN TO PICK UP HIS THIRD FOUL IN THE FIRST QUARTER...He missed half the first quarter...all the second quarter..ALL THE THIRD quarter and when NS got the led down to single digits or 10 at the start of the fourth...He put him back in....BAD MOVE ON THE NS coach's part...McCord out-coached him....NS never gave up.. Lots of athletes but NOT AS DISCIPLINED AS DC.... DC got the job done...And what about the follow up jam by "BIG CED"?...Somebody has lit a fire under that kid...He has been playing STRONG around the rim the last couple of games....Had a another one handed slam that was nasty...During the middle part of the season I saw them play and he wasn't going up strong around the rim...Boy he is now...Great win for DC...Should probably be them and Covington...

Not knocking DC but Northside should've won this game. It was the worst job of officiating i've ever seen! Especially the 1st and 3rd foul on Prather. Alot of ppl came to that game to watch him play, not the refs blow the whistle every other play. Prather sat half of the 1st, the whole 2nd, and half of the 3rd. The kids should be able to play the game. The refs also called some bad calls on DC. The game could've been so much more exciting, i was very upset with the refs and so were alot of others. But anyways good luck to DC thursday.

yeah but if you think about it, the district champ game i believe it was, the refs called three fouls on cj in the first quarter or 2 in the 1st and 1 in the 2nd of that game and he sat the whole first half. the officiating does blow when you play at gibson county, so im taking it that the rest of the team has to fill his shoes. the officiating called against ns the first half and made it up by calling against dc the second half. so i think it's fair game.

GO CHOCTAWS

The game isn't about seeing one kid play... I saw what I needed to of him in the 4th to tell he is a special type of player.....kid can ball. StevieRay is right about some weird coaching tactics....when they called the second foul on Prather...I thought he is out. Shocked me silly he was kept in. If that was the worst officiated game you have ever seen then you haven't watched too much bball.

LOL....the refs appointed to the tournaments at Gibson Co. are decided by the TSSAA, not Gibson Co. The refs tonight most likely came from Memphis to ref these games.

Yes im aware of this, i wasn't saying GCHS picked them, I meant in general during these tournaments. These ref's(not all, but 80% of them should have their whistles taking away. To many 2 sided ref's. If they make a bad call against one team and their fans start to boo them, then they seem like they have to make up for it and call a quick foul on the other team, but maybe im the only who see's this.