DC and Northside

1brutalchoctaw

JOKE... WHO ARE YOU??? YOU NO NOTHING ABOUT D1 LEVEL ATHLETES. WHY DON'T YOU JUST TAKE YOUR WIN AND MOVE ON? NAW, YOU GOTTA BASH THE BEST PLAYER IN THE 2010 CLASS ON YOUR WAY OUT THE DOOR... CLASSY. YOU ARE MAKING THIS STATEMENT ON ONE GAME... PROBABLY THE ONLY GAME YOU'VE SEEN HIM PLAY. DO REALLY THING NORTH CAROLINA AND KENTUCKY SCOUTS WOULD TRAVEL TO JACKSON TN FOR NOTHING?? DO YOU THINK THREE QUICK FOULS AND CARRYING THE WEIGHT OF HIS TEAM FACTOR AT ALL? BETHAL? AWAKE UP. STOP HATING.

I was very impressed with what I saw in the minutes he played mrob.....16pts in the 4th, rebounds, saw a steal and a few blocks. He is one of those players that make things look effortless....this is one DC fan that will say I was impressed /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> Talking to some people I was with about him last night and we were ALL impressed as heck with him...most forget this kid is a junior....people were saying the same things about Buckner last year. Prather WILL go far.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is true. Who is this guy kidding. He will change his mind as he sees him playing on his TV screen on Saturdays in the future. Anyone can be shut down or have an off game due to foul trouble or great defense. Congrats to DC. I think the first quarter scoring, Ced's play, and the pressure defense secured this victory. Take the win and move on and see about winning the region. And for goodness sakes, don't start up this crazy coach of the year crap again. It is dead. Lastly, DC had a great crowd there last night. I also think this was a factor. My question is where were all these EXTRA DC fans at the District tournaments. You had a lot during districts but nothing like last night. Don't worry, I see the same kind of following at Union City. They packed houses last year and struggle to pack them this year. Funny to me, just funny!!

I saw kids last night that drove in for this game from many miles away. They don't come to all games, just the special ones. They come not only to see DC, but to see old friends and aquaintances. Prather is a special player. I don't know how many charges were c alled but it was a lot on both teams. If there was a doubt, it was a c harge. One ref called most any drive a charge. He was at a different place in the second half, rersulting in more charges called on DC. One point. DC had a larger point lead with Prather in the game than when he was not. This was not about Prather but the fact that NS played better team ball when he was not in game. When he was NS looked to him, understandably, almost every play and he did respond which is the mark of a great player. Once again free throws almost beat DC. If they shoot like that they will be beaten and are lucky it hasn't already happened.

I saw kids last night that drove in for this game from many miles away. They don't come to all games, just the special ones. They come not only to see DC, but to see old friends and aquaintances. Prather is a special player. I don't know how many charges were c alled but it was a lot on both teams. If there was a doubt, it was a c harge. One ref called most any drive a charge. He was at a different place in the second half, rersulting in more charges called on DC. One point. DC had a larger point lead with Prather in the game than when he was not. This was not about Prather but the fact that NS played better team ball when he was not in game. When he was NS looked to him, understandably, almost every play and he did respond which is the mark of a great player. Once again free throws almost beat DC. If they shoot like that they will be beaten and are lucky it hasn't already happened.

I think NSide realized CJ was the one to foul to send to the charity stripe. As a result, CJ started taking the ball out at the end so he wouldn't go to the line. He really needs to work on this aspect of his game. The rest, well looks pretty darn good.

Man if Prather only played 9 minutes and finished with 17 or 19 points that's pretty effecient to me. I know Northside would have loved for him to play the whole game. Plus for anybody that knows anything about basketball when you have great players you try to take charges and attack everytime to get that player out whether or not their good calls or not. A charge is always questionable. Good win for Dyer County and great job on Northside not giving up. To the guy who made the stupid comment about Prather earlier you should never watch or make a comment every again regarding basketball....

No one else is saying it, so I will. DC and NS were very equally matched athletically. There was not a major tip to the scales in talent either. It really came down to one thing.............................COACHING!

Love them or hate them, DC has the best combination of Head and Assistant coaches in West TN, probably the whole state. They were flat out more prepared for last night's game. They watched and studied several hrs of film on NS and knew most of NS's playbook going into the game. After last night's game they spent most of the night watching film on Covington in preparation for thurs. No one has a harder working or more game intelligent coaching staff then DC......period.

As for the bad calls, that was an extremely small amount of bad calls compared to a Region 7AA regular season game. I thought last night was rather refreshing as far as the officiating went. No they didn't make every call and it was called a little tight for my taste, but I did think it was an evenly and consistantly called game.

No one else is saying it, so I will. DC and NS were very equally matched athletically. There was not a major tip to the scales in talent either. It really came down to one thing.............................COACHING!

Love them or hate them, DC has the best combination of Head and Assistant coaches in West TN, probably the whole state. They were flat out more prepared for last night's game. They watched and studied several hrs of film on NS and knew most of NS's playbook going into the game. After last night's game they spent most of the night watching film on Covington in preparation for thurs. No one has a harder working or more game intelligent coaching staff then DC......period.

As for the bad calls, that was an extremely small amount of bad calls compared to a Region 7AA regular season game. I thought last night was rather refreshing as far as the officiating went. No they didn't make every call and it was called a little tight for my taste, but I did think it was an evenly and consistantly called game.

Evenly and consistently called is correct. But it was evenly and consistently called CRAPPY for both teams.

If Casey Prather was a D1 player, he would have carried his team to victory last night. He is not D1 material, yet. He is not mature enough, if he was,he would not have got into foul trouble and caused his team to get too far behind. Look I know a D1player when I see one, and he is not D1 material. I'm not saying the guy can't play ball, but he wasn't any better than the players on DC's team. Ya'll Casey Prather lovers built this guy up way too much. It's very possible Casey can get to be D1 material, but he is not there , yet. Let's just wait and see where he goes after next year, I'm almost sure I'm right on this one. D1 players are hard to come by, and I just didn't see it in him last night. D1 players come up big in big games and Casey didn't do it last night . With the right coach he can be a D1 player by next year, if he works hard enough.

This game went exactly like DC wanted it to go. The game plan was to get Casey in foul trouble and that is what happen, plan and simple. Casey is not D1 material ,by the way. You can not be for sure, if he would have scored anymore points. He missed a ton of shots in my opinion. He tried to do too much. He is nowhere close to the BT player DC faced in substate afew years back, no way,shape, or form. He is not there , yet. Casey might get there, but he is not there yet. Bethal or Freed Hardeman would be a good fit for him, as of today. Casey need to improve alot more to be a D1 player.

i think if i were prather i would choose freed hardeman over bethel, it would be closer to home.

by the way i'm just kidding

If Casey Prather was a D1 player, he would have carried his team to victory last night. He is not D1 material, yet. He is not mature enough, if he was,he would not have got into foul trouble and caused his team to get too far behind. Look I know a D1player when I see one, and he is not D1 material. I'm not saying the guy can't play ball, but he wasn't any better than the players on DC's team. Ya'll Casey Prather lovers built this guy up way too much. It's very possible Casey can get to be D1 material, but he is not there , yet. Let's just wait and see where he goes after next year, I'm almost sure I'm right on this one. D1 players are hard to come by, and I just didn't see it in him last night. D1 players come up big in big games and Casey didn't do it last night . With the right coach he can be a D1 player by next year, if he works hard enough.

maybe he will transfer to dc and get some good coaching.

74...I have to respectfully disagree....he would NOT be getting all the colleges to come see him if he were not. I have to think the scouts know what they are doing. I know someone who has seen him play since his freshman year and during AAU season....and he definetly thinks he is one. No player at the highschool level has a spectacular game every game...but his stats alone in the 4th are better than some that play the whole game.

http://basketballrecruiting.Unapproved Website/vie...480&Sport=2

ANYTHING ELSE? PLEASE TELL US YOU ARE KIDDING.

That is just one game dc. He has been puttin up the number that suggest that he is a d-1 player all season. His game and lesie Mcdonald game remind me of each other. I think that Lesie is better over all in my opinion but there are close to the same talent.

congrats to DC for the win. this game ultimately came down to coaching. if prather had been pulled out as soon as he got his second foul, he wouldve played more. all 4 of his fouls were not charges though. he had at least 2 shooting fouls. DC executed the gameplan, and it was to get him in foul trouble which worked very well.

i think that there has been too much hype about prather. just my opinion. you dont have to blast me for it.

definitely a great environment last night with half the gym covered in orange and loud as ever.

DC also had northside very well scouted, and it paid off.

ive been told there was a north carolina scout in the building last night, john hudson shouldve caught his eye.

now weve got neon deon and his covington chargers...