DC and Northside

1brutalchoctaw

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FAN3 welcome to the thread. Most on here realize what Prather is capable of doing. Some people can't see it. A US ranking tells a lot to college scouts. I think the Bethel and Freed Hardeman jokes were a little low. WHY, because both places would offer a super education which is what 99% of these players will fall back on anyways. I really wonder what the percentages are of a high school athlete making it to the NBA?

Well that percentage would probably be about .00000001 percent. You have 60 picks in the draft, another 20 foriegners that get picked so that drops it to 40 picks. In other words its almost impossible

If Casey Prather was a D1 player, he would have carried his team to victory last night. He is not D1 material, yet. He is not mature enough, if he was,he would not have got into foul trouble and caused his team to get too far behind. Look I know a D1player when I see one, and he is not D1 material. I'm not saying the guy can't play ball, but he wasn't any better than the players on DC's team. Ya'll Casey Prather lovers built this guy up way too much. It's very possible Casey can get to be D1 material, but he is not there , yet. Let's just wait and see where he goes after next year, I'm almost sure I'm right on this one. D1 players are hard to come by, and I just didn't see it in him last night. D1 players come up big in big games and Casey didn't do it last night . With the right coach he can be a D1 player by next year, if he works hard enough.

You dont know $hit about talent then! If casey prather is not D1 talent then dyer co doesnt have any JUCO talent. Im not dissing any player from DC either. Prather is just that good. You seen 1 game, where the refs got him for 2 cheap fouls. If he would've just played half the game, the turnout would've been different. Im not takin anything from DC at all because I know they are good. But you have to be insane to say Bethel or Freed is where Prather will be! He's major talent.

You dont know $hit about talent then! If casey prather is not D1 talent then dyer co doesnt have any JUCO talent. Im not dissing any player from DC either. Prather is just that good. You seen 1 game, where the refs got him for 2 cheap fouls. If he would've just played half the game, the turnout would've been different. Im not takin anything from DC at all because I know they are good. But you have to be insane to say Bethel or Freed is where Prather will be! He's major talent.

So what did you think about some of DC's players?????? No doubt Prather will go far....I've watched enough bball that what little I saw him play was enough to tell me how talented the kid is. He makes things just look effortless.

So what did you think about some of DC's players?????? No doubt Prather will go far....I've watched enough bball that what little I saw him play was enough to tell me how talented the kid is. He makes things just look effortless.

I really hate to even reply to this. But I will go ahead. I can only compare to others I have seen as seniors around here so here it goes. CJ and Rex are both outstanding players. I think they could see the likes of an OVC school. I even think maybe a Vanderbilt. Don't see them in a school like Tennessee, NC, or a Duke. Your upcoming players, well that remains to be seen. I think Hudson could be a big time D1 player. Just have to wait and see how his size and playing abilities continue to blossom. Fred, depends on size. Not sure how tall he will get but will definitely need more size. If he doesn't grow, he may be in the likes of colleges I spoke about for CJ and Rex. As far as Ced, I would like to see him with the passion he had last night in every game. I agree with Yank about getting more exposure. He definitely doesn't mind playing hard and think he would work hard to gain that exposure. So, with all that said, I think your true hope at a big time D1 player rest with a redheaded Freshman. And by no means am I discounting the others. That is just my thoughts for what it's worth.

i think that CJ is a mid major point guard. Anyone know who he's gettin recruited by? He does a great job of slashing and gettin to the basket. He needs to work on his shootin some and definitely his free throws. He shoots too much with an arch. Rex can slash and shoot. I see Rex playin JUCO. Ced is good. If he grows a couple of inches like someone else said he could play the 4 spot in college. I dont see major D1 talent with him like i do with Prather but for sure some smaller D1 schools like UTM, UT Chat, APSU or somewhere among those types of schools. Now Jon Hudson and Fred Yarbrough are VERY good for freshmans. They should have D1 talent by their junior and senior years. I would like to see Hudson grow into a 6'6" frame and play shooting guard at Tennessee.

Adsmom how are the players from last year doing? I remember 2 or 3 playing in the all star game in Jackson, but I haven't heard anything else...

Adsmom how are the players from last year doing? I remember 2 or 3 playing in the all star game in Jackson, but I haven't heard anything else...

3 are at DSCC....Blake will be on the court for Austin Peay in the fall...he red shirted this year. Went and saw the others play a few times...they looked good...except Kimble out with a nasty abcessed tooth that really messed him up for awhile.

I really hate to even reply to this. But I will go ahead. I can only compare to others I have seen as seniors around here so here it goes. CJ and Rex are both outstanding players. I think they could see the likes of an OVC school. I even think maybe a Vanderbilt. Don't see them in a school like Tennessee, NC, or a Duke. Your upcoming players, well that remains to be seen. I think Hudson could be a big time D1 player. Just have to wait and see how his size and playing abilities continue to blossom. Fred, depends on size. Not sure how tall he will get but will definitely need more size. If he doesn't grow, he may be in the likes of colleges I spoke about for CJ and Rex. As far as Ced, I would like to see him with the passion he had last night in every game. I agree with Yank about getting more exposure. He definitely doesn't mind playing hard and think he would work hard to gain that exposure. So, with all that said, I think your true hope at a big time D1 player rest with a redheaded Freshman. And by no means am I discounting the others. That is just my thoughts for what it's worth.

Vandy would lose every game they played with these two in the backcourt

WHO DID HUDSON PLAY AAU FOR LAST SUMMER?

You know I don't know....I know he plays baseball also and plays on a travel team. Someone on here should know...wish you could have seen the game. Been talking these kids up to yankees all season....glad he got a chance to see them.