DC and Northside

1brutalchoctaw

So what did you think about some of DC's players?????? No doubt Prather will go far....I've watched enough bball that what little I saw him play was enough to tell me how talented the kid is. He makes things just look effortless.

prather will go far he is not one of the top players in the nation for no reason. heck u cant do much while ur on the bench

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) yankees, What'd I tell you about John? I've sang praises on here constantly and now you've seen him in person. If he get's to 6'5 or 6'6, he'll wind up being major D1.

2) DCfan74, your post about Casey Prather was hilarious. I seriously laughed out loud when I read that... I was for sure you were joking and then I realized you were serious, LOL!!!!

3) Someone said CJ is better than his brother Montrelle... WRONG! Montrelle was a better player. He could handle the ball just as good as CJ, could pass as good as CJ, can shoot better than CJ. I know that makes no difference, but I thought I'd give my opinion.

4) I'll be there tomorrow night. Good Luck DC! yankees, come on back to Gibson Co... we can talk some basketball!

To tell the truth GCPioneer I haven't seen him play, yet. A good friend of mine who watches alot of basketball told me after the game, he didn't think he was D1 material. My friend told me Casey needed to grow some more and get bigger and improve his play time, to develope into a D1 player. My friend said Casey was a good player, could handle the ball well, just not a great player. I do trust my friends judgement. We all have our own scale that we judge players by, and if anyone believes Casey is D1 player that is their opinion, and I'm not going to argue one way or the other. I'm not going to start name calling and say that that person should never post again, just because they think he is D1 player. I respect their opinion, but will not lower myself to name calling, just not my nature. My friend and me just don't believe he is ready to suitup and play D1 right now, is what I'm trying to get across. Some folks don't believe that , and that is cool with me, I respect their opinion. We can just agree to disagree.

To tell the truth GCPioneer I haven't seen him play, yet. A good friend of mine who watches alot of basketball told me after the game, he didn't think he was D1 material. My friend told me Casey needed to grow some more and get bigger and improve his play time, to develope into a D1 player. My friend said Casey was a good player, could handle the ball well, just not a great player. I do trust my friends judgement. We all have our own scale that we judge players by, and if anyone believes Casey is D1 player that is their opinion, and I'm not going to argue one way or the other. I'm not going to start name calling and say that that person should never post again, just because they think he is D1 player. I respect their opinion, but will not lower myself to name calling, just not my nature. My friend and me just don't believe he is ready to suitup and play D1 right now, is what I'm trying to get across. Some folks don't believe that , and that is cool with me, I respect their opinion. We can just agree to disagree.

DID YOUR FRIEND RIDE THE SHORT BUS TO THE GAME? IS HE ALLOWED TO GO EVERYWHERE WITH A GERMAN SHEPHARD?? DO HIS SOCKS MATCH??? DOES HE TOUCH YOUR FACE FOR NO REASON SOMETIMES AND SAY "OH, IT'S YOU 74'"? HOW WELL DO YOU KNOW THIS FRIEND OF YOURS?

HAHAHA this guy is cracking me up. Yea all 1,000 coacht posters and 300 college basketball scouts DISAGREE with you and your expert friend...anyway we ALL agree to disagree. Maybe he meant to say Casey Prather may not be NBA ready....

Keep in mind that college coaches also look at potential. Not just how good they are right now. I'd bet money that that was your friends first time to watch Casey Prather play too. I've now seen Casey 3 times and he has impressed me each time. He almost chipped in a triple-double against Milan. He was 2 steals away from a triple-double.

Here are schools that have offered Prather according to rivals . com:

Alabama, Clemson, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Michigan, Minnesota, Ole Miss, Vandy, Virginia, Wake Forrest, Southern Illinois

Here are schools that are showing interest in Prather according to rivals . com:

Florida, Kentucky, North Carolina, Stanford, Tennessee

Don't forget all of those schools are on top of him and he's only a Junior. Looks to me as if he'll have his choice of schools to attend.

Some of these posts are just getting hilarious! Prather is a very talented player. He had a great 4th quarter and showed potential. He did play for 6 of the 8 minutes in the 1st quarter though. DC played a better game when he was in. They led by 21 at one point in the first. Once Prather was out, it seemed as though they lost some intensity. You can't base an opinion on a single observation, as I have only seen him play once. Great players have to be well rounded in all aspects of basketball. That includes being smart when it comes to driving the lane. It was a big game and emotions were running high for everyone. Whether he makes it to D1 or not, I wish him all the best!!! I am so proud of the DC boys for the way they played. They knew what they needed to do and they stepped up and did it! All season, people have been questioning whether Jon, Fred, and Ced could handle the pressure of post season play and I don't have to tell anyone the answer to that! CJ and Rex's leadership is outstanding. Our coaching is Great! Some of these players will be some of the better players to come out of Dyer County. We have had many other great players, no doubt! Brian played at Lipscomb for years and was at one point overseas playing in the European league and is working on getting back! Congratulations to the Choctaws on a Great win and Good luck tonight!

Prather will make High Major D1....TAKE IT TO THE BANK. Prather is not a stupid player either. He has a very high basketball IQ....TRUST ME. I am one of those that thinks the outcome would probably have been the same had Prather not been in foul trouble because Jackson NS was on fire once they started the comeback.....I can't imagine them shootong a higher percentage with or without Prahter.....remeber they started making the run with Prather on the bench. The reason DC won was because Hudson and Janes dominated the second half.....it's really that simple. Can analyze up and down all day long but it really comes down to who makes plays in crunch time.....DC answered every run NS made with a key play....either offensivly or defensively.

I have been a big fan of DC basketball. But, it's really unfair to question Prather's ability or smarts on the court. He has both and is a good solid kid to. The reason I say this is because NS fans have not been on here flame throwing and acting like idiots like alot of fans do. Remember this, even the best and greatest players get in foul trouble (IT HAPPENS)........the credit goes to the DC coaching staff .........not a discredit to Casey Prather.

If people are going to contiue to question Prather I will continue to get o here and defend him. I have been watching him since his freshman season and I think he could very well be the best player from rural West TN since Tony Delk and I have seen them all. PRATHER IS A STUD!!!!!!!!!

All I know is Mr Casey Prathers or aka Mr Superstar D1 player is sitting at home the rest of the season. Maybe if he comes to some DC games, he can take some notes, and learn to become a D1 player that way. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> All you Casey Prather lovers put too much pressure on the kid and he tried to do too much. I wonder if any of the scouts were at the game tuesday night. I wonder if they were impressed with him that night, I doubt it. Really to tell the truth the coach lost this one for them, by leaving him in the game with 2 fouls, early in the first quarter. Just my observation, and i was listening on the radio. One thing is for sure, I will see alot more of him next year, and then I will give my opinion on him then. As for now my opinion stays the same. I'm not bashing him at all just giving my opinion. I'm pretty sure he is thinking about how he played and what could have happened had he had played differently.