High School Basketball needs a shot clock

jsnfreeman11

you the same guy who told me Bartlett was going to finish ahead of Cordova & Bolton this year!!! lol!!

I never said that. I said don't just assume that Bartlett couldn't. I wouldn't have been surprised honestly but you have to grow.

To go from a 4 win season to 10 is not bad at all. Even more so given the youth. It's only getting better.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never said that. I said don't just assume that Bartlett couldn't. I wouldn't have been surprised honestly but you have to grow.

To go from a 4 win season to 10 is not bad at all. Even more so given the youth. It's only getting better.

you are right! they did get better.

I told you that they would still be a bottom team in that district you also told me they wouldnt this year.

I agree with the OP on the fact that there needs to be a shot clock in high school basketball. There are just too many ways a lesser team can hijack a game playing the Four Corners. It really makes what should be a faster paced sport unwatchable.

35 second shot clock would be optimal IMO.

you are right! they did get better.

I told you that they would still be a bottom team in that district you also told me they wouldnt this year.

That's because I believed they really wouldn't be. It was the Millington series that did it in. Split with Cordova, Bolton, and Arlington ( and a last second shot from a sweep)

Now, being ahead of both Cordova and Bolton would be 3rd place. I don't believe I was quite that over enthusiastic /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I agree with the OP on the fact that there needs to be a shot clock in high school basketball. There are just too many ways a lesser team can hijack a game playing the Four Corners. It really makes what should be a faster paced sport unwatchable.

So you are pretty much saying that a less talented team shouldn't use any strategy possible to have a chance to win against a more talented team? It wasn't too long ago that the dunk was outlawed because it was viewed as unfair to inferior athletes, how would you like your basketball if that rule was still in effect? To say that the reason to put in a shot clock to make it harder for an inferior team to pull off an upset isn't a very good arguement. If a team is truly great it would find a way to pull out a win no matter what pace the inferior team was incorporating.

That's because I believed they really wouldn't be. It was the Millington series that did it in. Split with Cordova, Bolton, and Arlington ( and a last second shot from a sweep)

Now, being ahead of both Cordova and Bolton would be 3rd place. I don't believe I was quite that over enthusiastic /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Tell your coach to get Manassas on the schedule for next year!!!! It will be a fun one to watch!!!

If that's the case then is the other team really lesser ?

Exactly Legend.

Wish more people understood that

Ditto. If you want to see a 'pro' style game, go see a pro game. Otherwise, let the kids decide the game outcome without forcing the action. The reason the higher levels did it is for revenue, and since high school attendance generally is supported by a loyal fan base, it isn't needed.