can mc minn central win it all?

mccharger

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They will win the region no doubt, but when McMinn Central has to play the Lady Bees of Upperman it will be a different story..... Don't get me wrong Central is good..... I've seen both teams (being as I saw Central destroy Bledsoe the other night) but Upperman is on a different level in my opinion..... Girls Basketball in middle Tennessee is alot stronger than that in east Tennessee.... Competition is alot tougher in middle Tennessee than playing around the Chattanooga area..... Not taking anything away from Central, they have a good team no doubt about it and to be undefeated at this point in the season is remarkable.... Which ever team they get to host in the sectional, they will be good games.... Good Luck...

Thanks for the well wishes. But, the idea that 7AA is the ultimate district..... well, we shall see.

I too have seen Upperman play. I look forward to that game. Perhaps Central will get some respect after then.

Two more wins between Central facing a 7AA team. Come back after Thursday and we can speculate on the 5AA vs 7AA matchups.

Thanks for the well wishes. But, the idea that 7AA is the ultimate district..... well, we shall see.

I too have seen Upperman play. I look forward to that game. Perhaps Central will get some respect after then.

Two more wins between Central facing a 7AA team. Come back after Thursday and we can speculate on the 5AA vs 7AA matchups.

I anticipate it will be Upperman and Livingston Academy out of Region 4 that will probably play McMinn Central and Polk County...... Should both be great games....

It certainly would have helped if Central would have chosen to play in a high profile holiday tourney instead of the Chatt. best of preps. Not sure what the thinking was there. Need to step out and face high level competition outside the district so you're not in shock when you DO come across that close game that is surely to come. Just my opinion and we all know what opinions are worth.

i think this is the year for the chargerettes!!!!!!!!

McMinn Central has had several talented teams over the last decade and has yet to win a State Championship. What makes this year any different? In my opinion, their coach is not good enough to win it. He has won his games over the years by having more talent. He can't beat the good teams at the state tournament

McMinn Central has had several talented teams over the last decade and has yet to win a State Championship. What makes this year any different? In my opinion, their coach is not good enough to win it. He has won his games over the years by having more talent. He can't beat the good teams at the state tournament

Wow!!! You might want to check his carrer record. Not good enough, bull. They have played some great teams close is state tournaments - he might get his this year. If not still a great coach, and good man.

Morgan and Young have done a great job at Mcminn Central. I think they will go all the way. But for now, let's look at trying to win the region. Then the sub-state. If they get by the sub-state, I think the rest will fall into place.

Don't knock the blow-out games. They give Central's younger players valuable tournament experience. When you can pull your starters a couple of minutes into the third quarter and still win by 57, that's a good team! How many other top teams will be able to throw 10+ players at you with little or no drop off in quality of play. This becomes very important deeper in the tournament when players are getting worn down and getting into foul trouble as a result. I like Central's chances, but you still have to play the games. Anything can happen, just ask Sequatchie Co. Keep your focus girls and take them one game at a time. I'll be at the game against Brainerd tonight routing on the Chargerettes. GO BIG BLUE!!!

I anticipate it will be Upperman and Livingston Academy out of Region 4 that will probably play McMinn Central and Polk County...... Should both be great games....

Both Polk and Central are good teams, no doubt about that. To say they have a chance to go all the way is pushing it. I have seen both teams play, Polk is great unless they have to play the baby blue. Central is great when their top shooters are hot. Centrals defence is amazing, but all it takes is one team that can beat that great press they have and cause the baby blue to make some mistakes and their run is done. The #1 question will they meet a team that can do that? Good luck to both teams!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />