Clinic bowl - Mba Vs pearl cohn

Kbdatruth2

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a great matchup and should always be an opening week game in my view with the two schools being so closely located to one another. I will never forget the 1997 matchup between these two that saw MBA beat Pearl Cohn 23-22. That game included such stars as Ingle Martin, Santonio Beard, & John Henderson. That Big Red team went on to finish as the D-II runner-up to an unbeaten Father Ryan squad. Pearl Cohn went on to reel on 14 in a row on their way to a second straight Class 4A State Title. The following year the teams played in the opener at Pearl Cohn. That 1998 clash wound up a convincing win in favor of the Big Red. I believe the final score was something like 28-12. Don't hold me to that score exactly though..............

I wish that they would be willing to do a Nashville private vs Nashville public doubleheader at the Clinic Bowl and hold the event at Vandy. Could you imagine this game + a matchup pitting Hillsboro vs Brentwood Academy as a doubleheader????????

This is a great matchup and should always be an opening week game in my view with the two schools being so closely located to one another. I will never forget the 1997 matchup between these two that saw MBA beat Pearl Cohn 23-22. That game included such stars as Ingle Martin, Santonio Beard, & John Henderson. That Big Red team went on to finish as the D-II runner-up to an unbeaten Father Ryan squad. Pearl Cohn went on to reel on 14 in a row on their way to a second straight Class 4A State Title. The following year the teams played in the opener at Pearl Cohn. That 1998 clash wound up a convincing win in favor of the Big Red. I believe the final score was something like 28-12. Don't hold me to that score exactly though..............

I wish that they would be willing to do a Nashville private vs Nashville public doubleheader at the Clinic Bowl and hold the event at Vandy. Could you imagine this game + a matchup pitting Hillsboro vs Brentwood Academy as a doubleheader????????

I would love to see this double header happen! I would think it would bring a good gate.

MBA should at the very least hold its own this year. The last two senior classes have taken with them many outstanding football players. This years team will be senior dominated as most MBA teams are. The most experienced positions will be at receiver and linebacker, with a couple of lineman returning on each side of the ball. If I'm not mistaken MBA returns 5 starters on defense and 3 starters on offense, so it stands to reason that the defense should at least start out a little ahead of the offense. Lots of question marks>>>> Spring practice will hopefully address.

this game will be a COMPLETE blowout the 97 firebirds were amazing beard went off to play at Alabama and Henderson is playing on Sundays, this year firebirds are awful they might have won at least 3 to 4 games at most and im giving them these gaes to be nice . MBA is a solid team have at least 3 to 4 possible 2 to 3 stars on rival i say final score will be MBA 49-PCHS-6

this game will be a COMPLETE blowout the 97 firebirds were amazing beard went off to play at Alabama and Henderson is playing on Sundays, this year firebirds are awful they might have won at least 3 to 4 games at most and im giving them these gaes to be nice . MBA is a solid team have at least 3 to 4 possible 2 to 3 stars on rival i say final score will be MBA 49-PCHS-6

A little too much I say 28-7, MBA is losing a lot of offesnive fire power.

• 4 months later...

i know there loosing alot but Pearl has no fire power on any side of the ball

Might not had fire last year but we do this year on both sides of the ball they were young last year they lost alot of good players that went off to collage and they lost a QB that won MR FOOTBALL so they had a bad year but they will be just fine this year

If history ever tells ya anything then you should know right away that you can never count Pearl Cohn out.

'96: they were sitting at 2-5 before rallying to win 8 consecutive games on their way to a state title

'99: they were sitting at 1-4 before rallying to win a region title

'05: following a tragic accident (after an embarrassing loss to Maplewood) they came together and won a share of the region title

'07: following a year that saw them go to the semifinals and graduating basically everyone they went to the playoffs and a low seed and beat Howard, Station Camp, & White House all on the road on their way back to the state semifinals

If MBA goes into the game with the right mindset then they will win but if they go in there thinking "49-6" then they may finish the night defeated /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

If history ever tells ya anything then you should know right away that you can never count Pearl Cohn out.

If MBA goes into the game with the right mindset then they will win but if they go in there thinking "49-6" then they may finish the night defeated /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

MBA has a long enough history with Pearl-Cohn (and Pearl beofre that) that they're familiar with PC's capabilities. Even when they lack talent, they play with a lot of heart, and MBA respects that. There's a very strange and unlikely bond between these two incredibly different schools.

MBA seldom loses because they overlook a team. They may lose to a superior team, or they may have an off-night, or they may not execute well. But it's not often a matter of underestimating the opposition.