Tullahoma BKB Coach Resigns

binns37388

The bashing of a coach is a tradition in Tullahoma and certainly has little merit. I would say if Jack Harlow wants the job then he needs to come forward and say so or then stay out of the picture with this speculation. I think he would do an admirable job, but he has to step forward and say that he is interested. The many jobs that come available seem to always attract input relative to Coach Harlow and if he is interested then come forward and say so or forever keep your peace. Could Harlow do a good job?..Probably so, but the parents would have to stay away and leave him alone. The problem he had with the sixth grade program was I think, this same type parental input. Coach Seals did a job not to be sorry for, but rather a job to be proud of. He tried very hard to bring to the fore front a program that had very little success in many years under many coaches. The parents instrumental in the demise should be ashamed.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Seals made his decision to resign after learning of the varsity player grievances, which appear to be valid. I believe that he recognized that continuing to coach the team could be detrimental to the program. Some may feel that the losing record had something to do with it, but it did not. I thank Coach Seals for his 2 years as the THS Girls Coach, and wish him well in his future endeavorers. I am not familiar with Coach Harlow, but have heard many great things about him. It sounds like he would be a great choice for the coaching vacancy. It will take a lot of hard work to build the program, and it needs to begin at the youth level. Until Tullahoma builds a winning basketball program, it will be difficult to get the athletes to want to choose basketball over some of the other sports. Much of Shelbyville's success is due to the fact that they have had a winning program for years, and it is considered "the" sport to play there. Their best athletes, beginning at the youth level, choose basketball as their primary sport.

Coach Harlow was helping coach the Shelbyville girls at the end of the season. I heard he is interested in the job at Tullahoma. I heard the parents were a factor in Coach Harlow leaving the 6th grade girls team here in Tullahoma and probably were a factor in Coach Seals decision to resign. I've been around sports in Middle Tennessee for over 30 years as an TSSAA official and I used to think umpires had it tough, but coaches have it tougher. All the hours they put in for what they get paid, dealing with parents and other distractions makes it a very tough occupation. I'm not saying that all parents meddle with coaches and the majority of them don't, but the ones that do can make life miserable for coaches. From the people I've talked with, I think the administration will give their support on the next hire. I think some other posters could give better info on the talent level coming up thru the elementary and middle school levels. I don't know Coach Harlow personally, but I hear he is a very passionate, tough coach and that's what this program needs. Good luck to Coach Seals and the next girls bkb coach at Tullahoma High School.

Here, here!! Although I'm not going to lump them all in the same category, many parents are nothing but a hindrence now days. They can be a nightmare to deal with because their selfishness for their own spoiled kids takes over. It is much worse than it used to be, and I think that's why you see so many coaching changes in so many sports all over the state and the country. It is really sad to see, but I do feel for the coaches that have to put up with the nonsense. It may be politically incorrect to say all this, but the truth is the truth. Everyone knows it.

Understanding that many people appreciate all the years of dedication that Coach Harlow has given,... in fact many many many years. After the "quitting mid-season" and the health issues,... it might be wise of us to wish for a younger sleeker version with determination. Let's not go a step back when we have the chance to

make this better at least for the younger ones who havent even had a chance at the THS floor yet.

Tullahoma Basketball has NO stablity

And if Scroggins does get the job, perhaps the next argument will be that kids from other places take spots from Tullahoma girls.

Now this is great! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just think, Tullahoma hiring the one Coach that took CC to the cellar of the district. That is just what we need. I am sure CC is laughing their Butts off, thinking about it. And can you tell me one player that they have we need.

Surely we can do better than this!!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Galloway's Ringgold GA team finished in the middle of the pack in their Class AAA region (five-class system). I believe they still finished with a losing record, last I remember they were something around 12-14, but they only won a game the year before. Maybe the problem at Tullahoma isn't all coaching.

While many times hiring a coach is just a fit with the community, it can't be left out entirely. If a coach is hired, he needs to be left alone BUT leave enough open doors to be able to hear what is going on and it takes a special person to do that. A coach needs to be the character of the community with the ability to show the winning attitude of the community. Something didn't work. To his credit he saw a problem with it working and he left. He misunderstood the circumstances of the task and couldn't provide the results some were wanting. There's got to be a lesson in there somewhere and the school and Town are getting a bad reputation with the revolving doors over the past 5 years. This time,if anyone's interested, there's going to have to be a comittment as to what is wanted from the school. No one is going to want to come in to sit some young adults and likely they don't want someone like that either. There is something going on at the school that is hard to understand.

Now this is great! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Just think, Tullahoma hiring the one Coach that took CC to the cellar of the district. That is just what we need. I am sure CC is laughing their Butts off, thinking about it. And can you tell me one player that they have we need.

Surely we can do better than this!!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

After the season CC had with their new coach, they're probably wishing Scroggins was still there.

After the season CC had with their new coach, they're probably wishing Scroggins was still there.

You might be right newbie /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> but i doubt it!! IF any body has any sense, they would see what he did to CC's program /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

They have gone down hill ever since he got there. With the exception of TTown and WC, who has he beat with any consistency? /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> But hey what can I say with TTowns record on hiring Girls Coaches they will probably hire him. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

By the way i like your new name, you are either a Tullahoma fan a Alabama fan or a fan of mine /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" /> I hope all three /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Feom the posts, the CC Coach has done a good job so far and seems to be a program builder or seems to be going in that direction. His off season will be important and his season next year should reflect it. I'm sure the situation at Tullahoma, Coffee and Warren will be compared but they might not be the same.

You might be right newbie /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> but i doubt it!! IF any body has any since they would see what he did to CC's program /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

They have gone down hill every since he got there, with exception of TTown and WC who has he beat with any consistency /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> But hey what can i say with TTowns record on hiring Girls Coaches they will probably hire him. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

As far as I know, CC hasn't gotten out of the regional 1st of 2nd round since the championship team of 93', so how could you say he brought them down hill ? Are you a former player or something ?