Upperman @ McMinn Central

charger05

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He meant there must have been something missed to provoke it.

I was looking right at the play and didn't see anything that would have provoked it on that play. It was definitely a foul on the ball and two officials were real close to the whole thing. The outburst surprized a lotof folks around me for sure. BTW Thanks to all the Upperman fans for the great sportsmanship you have shown and the well wishes for our Chargerettes. You are a class act and wish we didn't have to keep butting heads with your region every year.

I was looking right at the play and didn't see anything that would have provoked it on that play. It was definitely a foul on the ball and two officials were real close to the whole thing. The outburst surprized a lotof folks around me for sure. BTW Thanks to all the Upperman fans for the great sportsmanship you have shown and the well wishes for our Chargerettes. You are a class act and wish we didn't have to keep butting heads with your region every year.

I'm just assuming (and we all know what that does), but It may have been personal frustration because it was her 4th foul. Like you, Ididn't see anything else that would have provoked it.

Who got the technical on Upperman's team?

When Central's Davis was fouled on the shot, the ball came out of her hand and sort of landed on the shoulder/upper back of the Upperman player. Davis instinctively tried to grab the ball about the same time the whistles blew. In doing so, Davis grabbed the ball at about the same time as the Upperman player. The whistle had already blown and the Upperman player threw the ball down, but it hit Davis. I don't think it was intentional, just frustration because it appeared at first that Davis was attempting a 3 pointer. Then I think some things were said. That's just what I saw. On the plus side. It didn't have an affect on the outcome of the game. Davis missed her two foul shots (it wasn't a 3 attempt) Lee hit both technical foul free throws and then Central didn't score on the possession after the technical. So, what could have been a 6 or 7 point trip down the court for Central only turned out to be a 2 point trip.

She is a good player. just got a little too intense over the foul.

She is a good player, and an intense player. But getting T'd up is not like her at all. Im sure there was something, somewhere along the line that got out of control, or she would not have gotten out of control. Not trying to displace the blame, just saying that while the intensity certainly is normal for her, the T is not.

She is a good player, and an intense player. But getting T'd up is not like her at all. Im sure there was something, somewhere along the line that got out of control, or she would not have gotten out of control. Not trying to displace the blame, just saying that while the intensity certainly is normal for her, the T is not.

Sometimes players lose their cool in a close game, it could happen to any of them. It was a physical game and something could have led up to her losing it. I saw a lot of contact on both ends of the floor the whole game and the ref's let them play, which was a good thing. That's the way the game should be played.

I think the situation of events has been pretty well explained on here. While she may not "normally" lose it, she did in this game......so the blame has to go where it belongs - which it did with the tecnical foul. That doesn't mean she has a problem or she's a bad person, it only means she's human and can make mistakes like all of us can at times. The intensity and pressure of a game like this can cause abnormal situations like this to happen, since you know that by losing, the season is over.