How is no one talking about Bearden!?

rebelpride007

I don't get your agenda. I could cut and paste 30 posts you've made about Bearden this year where you point out their flaws and negative attributes. What about their positives? The way they shut down teams defensively, attack the rim, or competed as underdog against Oak Hill. I have also seen many times where LC has not always conducted themselves to perfection. Why so hard on Bearden's kids? Are you really that jealous of their accomplishments? What's sad is that this is the best East TN has produced in many years and you have nothing but bushleague comments. If you really believe what you are saying is it not better to just keep your pent up aggressions/jealousies to yourself. I'm not the biggest fan of Bearden's antics either, but give the boys a little respect. Are you talking about Craig, Simpson, Rico, Greene, Galen, etc. I don't think you are. Parker is not the poster child for this team, so what about the team as a whole? Don't try to justify what your talking about because everyone on here has seen it too. So what! It's Bearden and it comes with the territory. For them to win the state they better have some swagger about them. It's a fine line they tread.

Well spoken!!!

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get your agenda. I could cut and paste 30 posts you've made about Bearden this year where you point out their flaws and negative attributes. What about their positives? The way they shut down teams defensively, attack the rim, or competed as underdog against Oak Hill. I have also seen many times where LC has not always conducted themselves to perfection. Why so hard on Bearden's kids? Are you really that jealous of their accomplishments? What's sad is that this is the best East TN has produced in many years and you have nothing but bushleague comments. If you really believe what you are saying is it not better to just keep your pent up aggressions/jealousies to yourself. I'm not the biggest fan of Bearden's antics either, but give the boys a little respect. Are you talking about Craig, Simpson, Rico, Greene, Galen, etc. I don't think you are. Parker is not the poster child for this team, so what about the team as a whole? Don't try to justify what your talking about because everyone on here has seen it too. So what! It's Bearden and it comes with the territory. For them to win the state they better have some swagger about them. It's a fine line they tread.

Well since you have seen so many of my negative posts about Bearden allow me to share some of my positive posts. Prior to the Oak Hill game I said that everyone should support them because it would be a great thing for East TN if they could knock of Oak Hill. I have also said that they are extremely talented and are clearly the best team around on several other occasions. As far as being jealous, that is a NO. I just want them to act in a respectable manner. Something the team as a whole has failed to do many times. I think you and I can agree that if they win state, but are looked at as a bunch of punks and thugs then it has been in vein. As for your comment on LC I agree they are not always right in their actions. However, it is Bearden not LC that is carrying the torch for East TN at the current time. You cat like I am the only person that has anything negative to say about Bearden. Have you read anyone elses posts about them this year. It is obvious that I am not the only one that feels this way. I have no problem with you being critical of what I post. My posts are my opinion the same way your posts represent your opinion. However, look at what others say before singling one person out. Also look at the reality of the situation, and atleast a small part of you knows what I am saying about Bearden holds some truth. You just need to be a little more objective.

OK I've been on here readin all this and NOBODY has said anything about Walker Valley out of the east! This is a new school and their first time to the State, but they are WAY under the radar! They got this kid David Ware that can drop it from ANYWHERE on the court and was picked Player of the year avg. 24.9 points a game. "Roky Top News" done a 3 page article on him and he's been compared to Chris Loftin. ALL of them boys have been playin together for years and they are being underestimated. These boys are HUNGRY and VERY talented. You can believe they are going to PLAY!!!

I agree....in my opinion, Bearden is one of the most talented teams I have ever seen in this area. But the question is.....how in the world did they have their hands full with Farragut? That showed me that when they come out complacent, they can lose to a much less talented team. I do not think they will bring it every night;therefore, I say they will not win the state.

if you've ever played a sport "etcoach" you would know that it is easy to do when you win all the time..it happens when a team gets comfortable but rest assured bearden will come out ready to take on whoever dares to come in 2nd..

So I guess having class is not important to the Bearden players. I know them well enough having seen them play 5 times. Having seen them play 5 times I have also seen them talk trash to opposing players and coaches 5 times, saw them set dirty illegal screens 5 times, and see Blevins dress like he lost a bet 5 times.

o so nieve "downtown247"..i really want to know what "5" games you went to..and if you werent so busy critiqueing beardens players you would have seen every other team doin the same if not worse..out of every highschool game i've been to bearden "talks less trash" and has more class than anyother team..besides undefeated in the state of tennessee? i think that gives them right to do whatever they want.

So I guess having class is not important to the Bearden players. I know them well enough having seen them play 5 times. Having seen them play 5 times I have also seen them talk trash to opposing players and coaches 5 times, saw them set dirty illegal screens 5 times, and see Blevins dress like he lost a bet 5 times.

o so nieve "downtown247"..i really want to know what "5" games you went to..and if you werent so busy critiqueing beardens players you would have seen every other team doin the same if not worse..out of every highschool game i've been to bearden "talks less trash" and has more class than anyother team..besides undefeated in the state of tennessee? i think that gives them right to do whatever they want.

[/quote

You so think they should be able to do anything they want? Are you kidding me? It sounds like you are the one being "nieve". It is people like you that encourage such outrageous behavior by athletes. I guess because Terrell Owens is one of the best recievers in the NFL that gives him the right to divide locker rooms and demand a new contract. I guess because Donte Stallworth is a good football player it is okay with you that he runs people down in his Bentley. Or perhaps The idea that because they are talented players they somehow have the right to do, say, or act anyway they want to is ridiculous. I hope you don't have kids of your own. If so do the world a favor and home school them so that teachers won't have to deal with them.

all of your snide comments have just shown to everyone that actually knows the bearden players that you dont know them at ALL. im sorry but they are not punks at all and for someone to say blevins doesnt have control over them is a JOKE you obvisouly dont know blevins at all most people can look at him and tell that he does not tolerate anything! he has sat players for their lack of hard work at practice.

all of your snide comments have just shown to everyone that actually knows the bearden players that you dont know them at ALL. im sorry but they are not punks at all and for someone to say blevins doesnt have control over them is a JOKE you obvisouly dont know blevins at all most people can look at him and tell that he does not tolerate anything! he has sat players for their lack of hard work at practice.

You are right Blevins is a good coach. I agree with that much. He has been at it to long and had to much success. Sometimes his control over them is an issue. It is virtually impossible to have the personalities that are on his team and be in full control of their actions at all times. But I don't know that anyone could handle this group better than he has. I know that I could not. I have commented before that he is a good coach. I firmly believe that he has convinced his stars to buy into his 5 in-5 out philosophy. In my opinion that makes him nothing short of incredible. I got a lot of love for Blevins' ability as a coach. My negative comments about Bearden have ZERO to do with Blevins and everything to do with the antics of several (not all) of their players.

You are right Blevins is a good coach. I agree with that much. He has been at it to long and had to much success. Sometimes his control over them is an issue. It is virtually impossible to have the personalities that are on his team and be in full control of their actions at all times. But I don't know that anyone could handle this group better than he has. I know that I could not. I have commented before that he is a good coach. I firmly believe that he has convinced his stars to buy into his 5 in-5 out philosophy. In my opinion that makes him nothing short of incredible. I got a lot of love for Blevins' ability as a coach. My negative comments about Bearden have ZERO to do with Blevins and everything to do with the antics of several (not all) of their players.

[/quote

i have been to many high school basketball games in my time and to think that bearden is low class or any of the other rude remarks you called them by doesnt make sense. All teams do the same as bearden and if you say otherwise than you were obviously not present at the bearden farragut game when a farragut player start pushing a bearden player. and you werent at the oak ridge/maryville game when after oak ridge won went over to the bearden team who was waiting for the game to finish and threw their jerseys in their faces and told them they are next(which was just cocky) Bearden plays with confidence not cockyness. there is a huge difference.

i have been to many high school basketball games in my time and to think that bearden is low class or any of the other rude remarks you called them by doesnt make sense. All teams do the same as bearden and if you say otherwise than you were obviously not present at the bearden farragut game when a farragut player start pushing a bearden player. and you werent at the oak ridge/maryville game when after oak ridge won went over to the bearden team who was waiting for the game to finish and threw their jerseys in their faces and told them they are next(which was just cocky) Bearden plays with confidence not cockyness. there is a huge difference.

I don't think Bearden is low class in this scenario. I do believe that they do get away with some show-boating and other issues that seem to be personality and taunting. Blevins is one of the best coaches out there that hasn't won the gold ball. I wish him well this week. I spoke with my Aunt, who is on the Knox County Board, and she has been to games of Bearden and told me that the players "flip" their jerseys to show off like the Pro sports athletes do. I see some in Region 1 do the same thing. This is more of a societal problem than just Bearden. Our youth are imulating glorified athletes more and more. We, as parents, are responsible for how our own children act. Coaches can only control so much. Many issues of a personality thing is all about how a parent raises their child. I only wish one of my daughters would go around "flippin" their jerseys and showing off. They know at a young age that I would come out of the stands and truely embarass them for acting that way. Some, not all, of today's youth have no fear or respect of their elders. And yes you do have to put fear in your kids. Not I'll beat you fear, but an understanding of consequences for their behavior. GOOD luck to all!!!!! GOD Bless!!!!!! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />