How is no one talking about Bearden!?

rebelpride007

when you can walk the walk, you have earned your right to talk the talk

So I guess having class is not important to the Bearden players. I know them well enough having seen them play 5 times. Having seen them play 5 times I have also seen them talk trash to opposing players and coaches 5 times, saw them set dirty illegal screens 5 times, and see Blevins dress like he lost a bet 5 times.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raleigh Egypt is ranked #49 by Rivals even though record is incorrect. Posted 29-2 when actual record is 33-2. RE is ranked #4 in the southeast by Prep Nation and Wh. Station is ranked #8 in the southeast. Bearden not even mentioned.

So What!!! It will all be decided in a week's time at Murfreesboro "between the lines".

I took the liberty to read some posts by Bearden fans and then went back and did some research. Here's what I found: Bearden fans are not scared to speak first about winning and later seeing how hard it is, as in:

03-04 - went 26-8 losing in the Regionals

04-05 - went 19-9 losing in the Regionals

05-06 - went 32-5 losing in the State

06-07 - went 22-10 losing in the Regionals

07-08 - went 30-4 losing in the Sectionals (Sub-State)

08-09 - currently 33-2, season yet to be finalized......

Analysis: Since the 03-04 season, Bearden has boasted a record of 162-38 while making the Regionals each year, the Sectionals (Sub-State) twice, and the State once. This is their best chance to win the Gold Ball, and I will cheer all East TN teams to win. Just remember.....it is yet to be written how this story ends.

how they got there, i dont know! not what you expect from a sweet 16 AAA team.

They got there with great coaching and hard work. I agree, probably not talented enough to be there, but they were. Noone in East TN can play with Bearden. East played them closer than Oak Ridge and also played Science Hill closer than Oak Ridge, so I don't see how you can say they shouldn't have been in the sweet 16. They earned that right.

So I guess having class is not important to the Bearden players. I know them well enough having seen them play 5 times. Having seen them play 5 times I have also seen them talk trash to opposing players and coaches 5 times, saw them set dirty illegal screens 5 times, and see Blevins dress like he lost a bet 5 times.

Agree with most of what you say with the exception of Blevins attire. Don't have a problem with the illegal picks, it's a physical game. I hope they can back it up because I still feel like they underachieved last year with all the hype by not making the state. From a trash talking and chest thumping standpoint I'm just old school and live and coach by the old Bear Bryant philosophy of "Don't act like it's the first time you've ever been there"

Please don't respond to that last comment Mr Veer since we have already debated this underachievement aspect and the statute of limitations has run out /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Have a great time in Vegas however /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Bearden is a very good team. I am from the West and have also seen Bearden play 3 games which were blowouts. If Bearden has to play a team like Raleigh Egypt, they could have some trouble. I am not taking anything away from Bearden, but their biggest downfall is not playing tough teams usually 2 to 3 times a week and not just 2 - 3 times per season.

Agree with most of what you say with the exception of Blevins attire. Don't have a problem with the illegal picks, it's a physical game. I hope they can back it up because I still feel like they underachieved last year with all the hype by not making the state. From a trash talking and chest thumping standpoint I'm just old school and live and coach by the old Bear Bryant philosophy of "Don't act like it's the first time you've ever been there"

Please don't respond to that last comment Mr Veer since we have already debated this underachievement aspect and the statute of limitations has run out /cool.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Have a great time in Vegas however /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Oh trust me...a GREAT TIME will be had in Vegas....I just hope I can remember it /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" />

It's actually Cary, not Carey. BTW, Cary Daniels led Bearden to their 1st ever state tournament apperance in 1994. He got the Bulldog bball program back on track

So what was your point in Pitts if he didn't take them to State? You proved no point at all, just that coaches are good or not, and it is not because of WHERE they coach. Again I say good luck to ALL East TN teams in the State.......

Pitts coached a 2 time high school all american in John Johnson at Bearden. he went onto Maryland. Irishbball....i've started my Vegas vacation early

So that player happened to be outstanding. I still don't get your point about Bearden making Pitts great. Pitts is a great coach because he knows and understands the game, not where he coached. Using that same analogy....Buck VanHuss coached Skip Brown, a two-time All-American at DB, went to Wake Forest again a two-time All-American, drafted by the Celtics, Inducted into the College Hall of Fame, and was Dick Vitale's top twenty college players. Although Buck is one of the greatest high school coaches ever, he didn't MAKE Skip....Skip was a great athlete. A coach is there to build a good system and get the most out of the talent they have. And Bearden has some great talent...Good luck next week!!!!

I don't get your agenda. I could cut and paste 30 posts you've made about Bearden this year where you point out their flaws and negative attributes. What about their positives? The way they shut down teams defensively, attack the rim, or competed as underdog against Oak Hill. I have also seen many times where LC has not always conducted themselves to perfection. Why so hard on Bearden's kids? Are you really that jealous of their accomplishments? What's sad is that this is the best East TN has produced in many years and you have nothing but bushleague comments. If you really believe what you are saying is it not better to just keep your pent up aggressions/jealousies to yourself. I'm not the biggest fan of Bearden's antics either, but give the boys a little respect. Are you talking about Craig, Simpson, Rico, Greene, Galen, etc. I don't think you are. Parker is not the poster child for this team, so what about the team as a whole? Don't try to justify what your talking about because everyone on here has seen it too. So what! It's Bearden and it comes with the territory. For them to win the state they better have some swagger about them. It's a fine line they tread.