How is no one talking about Bearden!?

rebelpride007

Good to see justice served. Those jerks didn't didnt deserve to win anything. From their arrogant coach to their arrogant fans. I heard Demonte Simpson took his shoes off in front of the scorers table during or before the post game hand shake. Just an example of how bad it has gotten at Bearden. Congratulations NE on taking out the trash.

No kidding! Does the word karma mean anything to the Bearden people now?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No kidding! Does the word karma mean anything to the Bearden people now?

To respond to the earlier post, Farragut did have a good team. They beat Walker Valley and Science Hill. They just lost 3 games to a very talented Bearden team. Even as a Farragut fan, I was very disappointed in the Bearden loss. They are one of the more talented teams in the state - the coach just blew it. The players deserved better, but the coach held them back. What a shame! This team had the potential for 2 state championships......

Like I said in another thread. When I saw Bearden play Farragut in regionals, I knew they would lose at state because of the way they were playing. They were playing cocky. They didn't come out and play as hard as they could every second of the game. It was obvious, in the Farragut game, that they came out and were just going through the motions. Towards the end they realized they may actually lose the game, so they picked it up just enough to win. Now I didn't see the Clarksville NE game, but I am sure Bearden came out much the same way. They took it for granted. They knew they were alot of people's pick to win the thing, and they let it get to their head, simple as that. They thought they had it in the bag, and the fact that they blew a double digit lead in 5 minutes, shows that.. I am surprised Bearden didn't just sit there hold the ball.. or did they? That is usually what they do when winning in a big game.

Still after watching all the teams in the state Bearden is still the most best or most athletic team they just didnt show up on one night and it cost them.

How many times will someone say this? A true fan of the game of basketball will know that it takes much more than great talent to produce a winner. There must be team chemistry and I'm a firm believer in a true PG. The most important fact and ingredient needed is FUNDAMENTALS. You can have all the natural talent in the world that GOD has blessed you with, but if you don't have the fundamentals to go with it, you can be beat by a team with not much athletic skills but good, sound fundamentals. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I have said this in the Big Nine thread that DB and all of East TN teams should take a week and go on a "western circuit". Take Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and play three games in Memphis to get an idea of what the best teams have to offer. Your confidence level and skill level will rise after you have played in the best area of the state. As for Bearden, they just got beat. Every team that made it to State didn't make it by a fluke. Each team can win and that's what happened. I make no excuses for any team that lost. There can only be one winner, and for the losers to make excuses, it shows their maturity level. Just say "I got beat by a better, hungrier, and more prepared team." /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I being an AE fan I'm used to the saying I'm about to say.. But with that said, "you can't have all the talent in the world and a 33-2 record, it don't mean anything if you don't have the GOLD BALL to show for it.."

I hear that year in and year out.. So when next season gets here no one will remember the record Bearden had because they didn't bring the GOLD home so I take my hat off to the Bulldogs you all did have an outstanding season but it really doesn't mean anything because the GOLD BALL isn't in the trophy case..

How many times will someone say this? A true fan of the game of basketball will know that it takes much more than great talent to produce a winner. There must be team chemistry and I'm a firm believer in a true PG. The most important fact and ingredient needed is FUNDAMENTALS. You can have all the natural talent in the world that GOD has blessed you with, but if you don't have the fundamentals to go with it, you can be beat by a team with not much athletic skills but good, sound fundamentals. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" /> I have said this in the Big Nine thread that DB and all of East TN teams should take a week and go on a "western circuit". Take Tuesday, Thursday, and Friday and play three games in Memphis to get an idea of what the best teams have to offer. Your confidence level and skill level will rise after you have played in the best area of the state. As for Bearden, they just got beat. Every team that made it to State didn't make it by a fluke. Each team can win and that's what happened. I make no excuses for any team that lost. There can only be one winner, and for the losers to make excuses, it shows their maturity level. Just say "I got beat by a better, hungrier, and more prepared team." /hungry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":hungry:" border="0" alt="hungry.gif" /> /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

That's a good point. East Tn can stop in Jackson and play a good always fundamental fast team like Liberty and continue down the highway and play at Melrose and at RE where touched fouls are not called. Ditto everything you said...but most people probably won't agree

if you've ever played a sport "etcoach" you would know that it is easy to do when you win all the time..it happens when a team gets comfortable but rest assured bearden will come out ready to take on whoever dares to come in 2nd..

They did not even bring it the first night.......and promise me this......you name the time and I'll be around for any game and any sport you want to play. If we play 10 sports I'll beat you in no less than 8. BOOK IT.

My comment was merely based on facts and you have them just as well as I do....those dang numbers don't lie. Your last comment is based on your opinion and not backed by factual evidence this year...the bottom line is that they both competed at the AAA level this year and lost. Just because you say they are good and can compete at the next level carries no weight. Show me something they have done at the AAA level to warrant such a comment. That's all I am saying! And I will continue to believe what I want until someone proves me wrong outside of your non-factual wishes! GO EAGLES...silent but deadly!

Who won the AA title this year? Who beat not one but two memphis teams? Give credit where credit it is due.

They did not even bring it the first night.......and promise me this......you name the time and I'll be around for any game and any sport you want to play. If we play 10 sports I'll beat you in no less than 8. BOOK IT.

I can vouch for etcoach's athletic prowess. However, if you challenge him to football first, you might be able to win the rest. He doesn't like to hit and might not respond after getting lit up. You will have to catch him though. /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />