Shelbyville vs. Walker Valley

deadeyedave

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only common opponent is Bradley Central and Walker Valley hammered them three times and Shelbyville beat them as well. It all comes down to Walker Valley hitting the 3 ball. They have hit 15 3's many times this year. You will see soon enough. The only thing most fans will hear alot of will be...Ware for 3, Trotter for 3, Sharp for 3, and Burrell for 3.

Here is why I say what I have:

1.) Walker Valley is by far the best team in a mediocre region, at best. Wins-Losses dont lie.

2.) Anybody can apply a little pressure defense, but region 3 consistently struggles against region 4 because region 4 teams actually play D E F E N S E the whole game, and not to just try to force turnovers. Even in the half court set, Shelbyville is very good defensively.

3. They have not faced a player like Emmanuel Andrews nor a Point Guard like Deonta Twilley, I can guarantee that.

4. Shelbyville is going to bring the town monday night, probably to the point where they will outdraw Walker Valley in their own gym. That pretty much negates any homecourt advantage.

5. Under Kevin Thomas, I dont think they have ever lost a sectional game, home or on the road. Walker Valley is no doubt a good team, but by looking at their schedule Shelbyville is probably the best team they will face all year.

GO EAGLES!

Only common opponent is Bradley Central and Walker Valley hammered them three times and Shelbyville beat them as well. It all comes down to Walker Valley hitting the 3 ball. They have hit 15 3's many times this year. You will see soon enough. The only thing most fans will hear alot of will be...Ware for 3, Trotter for 3, Sharp for 3, and Burrell for 3.

Only problem is that when you live and die by the 3, you usually die pretty fast against a solid defensive team.

4. Shelbyville is going to bring the town monday night, probably to the point where they will outdraw Walker Valley in their own gym. That pretty much negates any homecourt advantage.

shelbyville will have homecourt advantage in walker valleys gym. we are bringing two busloads of crazy students baby

Here is why I say what I have:

1.) Walker Valley is by far the best team in a mediocre region, at best. Wins-Losses dont lie.

2.) Anybody can apply a little pressure defense, but region 3 consistently struggles against region 4 because region 4 teams actually play D E F E N S E the whole game, and not to just try to force turnovers. Even in the half court set, Shelbyville is very good defensively.

3. They have not faced a player like Emmanuel Andrews nor a Point Guard like Deonta Twilley, I can guarantee that.

5. Under Kevin Thomas, I dont think they have ever lost a sectional game, home or on the road. Walker Valley is no doubt a good team, but by looking at their schedule Shelbyville is probably the best team they will face all year.

GO EAGLES!

Only problem is that when you live and die by the 3, you usually die pretty fast against a solid defensive team.

Just a very minor correction...KT is 2-1 in sectional games (still not too shabby)...defeated Rhea County badly in 2002 at home, lost at Bradley Central in 2004, and then won at Bradley Central in 2006 on the way to the state runner-up finish. Other than that, I completely agree with everything. You're on the money as usual. It will be an up-and-down, exciting game, but I truly believe Shelbyville is the better team (you can throw out the records at this point) and will pull it out in the fourth quarter. GO EAGLES!!

shelbyville will have homecourt advantage in walker valleys gym. we are bringing two busloads of crazy students baby

Walker Valley is known to have the worst gym in the southeast Tennessee in relation to home and visitor seating. There are about 4-5 rows of seats on the visitors side and the home side is a two-tiered set of bleachers. However, you will not be able to see about half the floor from the first several rows of the upper set of bleachers on the home side. Get their early and stake our your cheering section if you want a good seat.

Here is Shelbyville's lineup with comments....If someone could post WV's we might can see things on paper a bit better.

#1 Point Guard- Deonta Twilley 5' 8" : Quickest Humane in TN - don't blink when you are on offense he will embarrass you. Best ball handler in the STATE hands down. Will take it to the hole and make things happen. Unbelievable passer. Will make you say WOW several times a game.

#2 Guard- Emmanuel Andrews 5' 10": Can jump out of the gym and argueably the best shooter in TN. Get use to hearing his name. MR. Basketball candidate next year if people are honest about him.

#3 Small Forward- Trevor Reed 6' 2" : Strong around the basket, great defender and can step outside and hit the three when needed.

#4 Strong Forward- Bobby Wilson 6' 2": Takes it to the hole strong and grabs rebounds like a maniac. Plays much bigger than his size.Nice jumper from the 12-15 ft. range. Ignore him and he will destroy you. Ask Cookeville.

#5 Center- Seth Jarrell 6' 6" : Soft touch in the paint and good shot blocker. If he comes to play he can be a force inside.

Off the bench-

Guard- Quinn Marable 6' - Has started many games when we go small. He's a 3-point bomber when he gets hot.

Guard- Latajh Starnes 6' - Mr. Hustle! Great defensive player with a good shot from the outside.

Forward- Nathan Jeffries 6' 3"- He is great rebounder and has a nice touch from inside or outside. Good defender on Larger Guys.

Here is Shelbyville's lineup with comments....If someone could post WV's we might can see things on paper a bit better.

#1 Point Guard- Deonta Twilley 5' 8" : Quickest Humane in TN - don't blink when you are on offense he will embarrass you. Best ball handler in the STATE hands down. Will take it to the hole and make things happen. Unbelievable passer. Will make you say WOW several times a game.

#2 Guard- Emmanuel Andrews 5' 10": Can jump out of the gym and argueably the best shooter in TN. Get use to hearing his name. MR. Basketball candidate next year if people are honest about him.

#3 Small Forward- Trevor Reed 6' 2" : Strong around the basket, great defender and can step outside and hit the three when needed.

#4 Strong Forward- Bobby Wilson 6' 2": Takes it to the hole strong and grabs rebounds like a maniac. Plays much bigger than his size.Nice jumper from the 12-15 ft. range. Ignore him and he will destroy you. Ask Cookeville.

#5 Center- Seth Jarrell 6' 6" : Soft touch in the paint and good shot blocker. If he comes to play he can be a force inside.

Off the bench-

Guard- Quinn Marable 6' - Has started many games when we go small. He's a 3-point bomber when he gets hot.

Guard- Latajh Starnes 6' - Mr. Hustle! Great defensive player with a good shot from the outside.

Forward- Nathan Jeffries 6' 3"- He is great rebounder and has a nice touch from inside or outside. Good defender on Larger Guys.

How many of these guys are seniors?

As for Twilley being the quickest human in Tennessee, Id take Mike Conley from the grizzlies, Bobby Maze from UT, Nigel Johnson from MTSU, oh and Chris Johnson is by far the quickest human in the state lol.

That being said, to take one from OP, I have two words to why Shelbyville will win this game: Emmanual Andrews.

Best player I have seen since Barry Stewart.