Shelbyville vs. Walker Valley

deadeyedave

Some of you guys are just plain idiots. Walker Valley isn't ranked three in state for no reason. They're good. Now, I'm not going to be as ignorant as some of you guys and say Walker by 40 or Shelbyville will win easy. It will be an amazing game and it will come down to who wants it more. Walker Valley hasn't lost a home game going back to three years ago. They can play. Now, I"m not saying Shelbyville wont play great defense cause I haven't seen them play. But four of our starters (Walker Valley) can make anything unless you block it when they are on. And FYI, Walkers gym is tiny. I hate it. When they built the school they expected less than 1000 students to go and we're well over 1400. The visiting side is rediculously tiny. It's kinda sad actually. However, don't make stupid comments on how Shelbyville has the best students (section) in the state. Has your team lost in your gym the past two years......I think they have.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you guys are just plain idiots. Walker Valley isn't ranked three in state for no reason. They're good. Now, I'm not going to be as ignorant as some of you guys and say Walker by 40 or Shelbyville will win easy. It will be an amazing game and it will come down to who wants it more. Walker Valley hasn't lost a home game going back to three years ago. They can play. Now, I"m not saying Shelbyville wont play great defense cause I haven't seen them play. But four of our starters (Walker Valley) can make anything unless you block it when they are on. And FYI, Walkers gym is tiny. I hate it. When they built the school they expected less than 1000 students to go and we're well over 1400. The visiting side is rediculously tiny. It's kinda sad actually. However, don't make stupid comments on how Shelbyville has the best students (section) in the state. Has your team lost in your gym the past two years......I think they have.

I'm sure it will be a good game. Shelbyville has lost a couple of times at home in the past two years but the competition that comes in there is pretty tough. Invasion taking place Monday >>>> Walker Valley take cover ... us Shelbyville rednecks are on the way! LOL

I'm sure it will be a good game. Shelbyville has lost a couple of times at home in the past two years but the competition that comes in there is pretty tough. Invasion taking place Monday >>>> Walker Valley take cover ... us Shelbyville rednecks are on the way! LOL

Should be a good game. Shelbyville by 7. And thanks for the Tullahoma compliment above.

Since when does being ranked have any validity? In March, the rankings are records are pretty much rendered useless, if that was the case, we just might as well play the game on paper, and what fun is it in March without as little madness? Also, your bring up the point of students sections and home records, since when does a student section decide a game? Does it help, absolutely and Shelbyville travels extremely well, their fanbase virtually took over the region tournament. As dave said, the competition they play is a little bit better than Walker Valley faces, as Region 3 as a whole has been in steady decline.

I am not saying that Shelbyville will win, but I am merely offering up reason as to why they might. Its a great weapon to have a teamful of shooters, but give me a great defense over a great offense any day. There will be games where the offense just isnt there, but the defense should never have an off night. When you live and die by the 3, you become vulnerable to a team that is solid defensively. 7-AAA pretty much has a carbon copy of Walker Valley in Cookeville, and Shelbyville dispatched of them pretty easily. Is Cookeville on Walker Valley's level? Obviously not, but it gives a glimpse into how Shelbyville has been able to handle teams that focus their firepower around the perimeter.

Point blank, it doesnt matter how many your top 4 scorers put up, if they dont get out and put a hand in Andrews' face, he could very well score enough by himself to get Shelbyville a victory, he is certainly capable. Shelbyville certainly isnt a one man show by any means as they possess a well-balanced attack. The key to the game will be if Walker Valley can disrupt Shelbyville's offense. If you simply let Twilley walk the ball up the floor and let them run what they do without any ball pressure, they will win, and thats a guarantee.

Haven't lost in 3 years as home??? According to the "schedules" here on coacht WV lost last season at home to Soddy D. and 2 seasons ago WV lost 4 or 5 times at home.

I am not sure how the no losses at home came around, Walker Valley has obviously lost a few games at home in the past. Just like MustangManiac said, the gym really is horrible though, I don't know what was going through their heads when they built it. Just will the student section sit on the middle left of the visitor side? It makes it the easiest for the student sections to talk crap to each other? Though sometimes the principals designate the visitor section. Hopefully it will be a great game that goes down to the wire, and don't bring too many people or otherwise people will have to be standing next to the players on the court.

This game will be interesting. Walker Valley lives and dies by the 3-pointer. They have 4 guys that can knock them down. They have been scoring tons of points all year, but have not had a hand in their face yet. On the other hand, Shelbyville will get in your grill on defense and make you pay on offense if you don't play solid D. Does anyone have an opinion???

Yes I have an opinion. After reading many posts in this thread about how invincible Shelbyville is, I'm wondering how they even lost a game this year, or why they're the runnerup from their region playing on the road???

And you think WV hasn't had several good teams trying many defensive sets against them???

Yes I have an opinion. After reading many posts in this thread about how invincible Shelbyville is, I'm wondering how they even lost a game this year, or why they're the runnerup from their region playing on the road???

And you think WV hasn't had several good teams trying many defensive sets against them???

just be quiet. Ur wrong.

I do not think anyone has said that Shelbyville is a lock. I happen to believe that Walker Valley is overrated, and I think its an opinion that is shared by a decent amount of folks. Am I right? Who knows, thats why they play the games. As ive said before, the reason why region 4 does a pretty good once they get this far is the fact that there is more of a emphasis on defense, where as Region 3 puts more emphasis on putting the ball through the hoop.