Shelbyville vs. Walker Valley

deadeyedave

WV wins 71 - 70! Maybe it is not a great gym, but the team is great!

According to a friend of mine at the game, Shelbyville's so-called "vaunted defense" was good - but no better than many teams around here that WV played against. Good game between two good teams! On to the 'boro for Coach Williams and his Mustangs!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to a friend of mine at the game, Shelbyville's so-called "vaunted defense" was good - but no better than many teams around here that WV played against. Good game between two good teams! On to the 'boro for Coach Williams and his Mustangs!

Walker Valley's offense was held below 71 points 9 times this season and were held in the 72 -78 point range 8 times, so I'd say Shelbyville's defense was only average against Walker Valley by looking at that stat. I was at the game tonight and thought Shelbyville was a very good team, but it would be wrong to say their defense was anything special above what I've seen around here.

Obviously it was a great game by the showing of the score, back and forth the whole game. Though Shelbyville brought the entire school, I don't believe they were too much of a factor. Andrews is obviously one of the best players in the state, so sorry to whoever plays them next year. I also agree with WreckingCrew about the defense by Shelbyville, it was not anything special from around here. Congrats Walker Valley, good luck at state, and sorry in advance to any team who has to play Shelbyville next year.

Hey just a curious question. Where did all the moronic shelbyville fans go. Oh they're probably still driving home. (I'm not talking to Shelbyville fans, who aren't ignorant, just the ones who predicted it to be a blowout)

And for those that didn't attend...... Walker let them hang in the last minute. If they would have gotten even one break and our best player in foul trouble then it would've been by fifteen.

Well, well, well...by looking at the score and reading the posts it looks like Region 3AAA must not be too shabby after all. Redbank handles the Oakland powerhouse on the road and little ole Walker Valley takes care of business at home despite foul trouble. Sorry 4AAA, better luck next year. Congratulations Coach Williams from Rhea County. Good luck at State...

Hey just a curious question. Where did all the moronic shelbyville fans go. Oh they're probably still driving home. (I'm not talking to Shelbyville fans, who aren't ignorant, just the ones who predicted it to be a blowout)

And for those that didn't attend...... Walker let them hang in the last minute. If they would have gotten even one break and our best player in foul trouble then it would've been by fifteen.

for one u needa get ur facts straight. walker valley is way over rated we should have beaten yall badly. if it wasnt for some lucky threes at the end of the half and the worse officials i have ever seen it would have been a totally different outcome. they would call hardly anything on yall in the second half. it was outrageous. just some more of that east tn. hometown cooking. and dont say anything about the fans. its pretty sad to get out numered when u are at home. yall couldnt even sell that little box out that yall call a gym. walker valley will get handled in the state . way over rated.

for one u needa get ur facts straight. walker valley is way over rated we should have beaten yall badly. if it wasnt for some lucky threes at the end of the half and the worse officials i have ever seen it would have been a totally different outcome. they would call hardly anything on yall in the second half. it was outrageous. just some more of that east tn. hometown cooking. and dont say anything about the fans. its pretty sad to get out numered when u are at home. yall couldnt even sell that little box out that yall call a gym. walker valley will get handled in the state . way over rated.

You are making your team sound worse by your post, please hush. As a person who has not seen either team play but was cheering for shelbyville b/c i'm a former player of district 8aaa, it sounds like WV won;end of story. Shelbyville may win 9 out of a 10 game series, but they lost the one that mattered so don't say Walker Valley is overrated; By saying that you are giving shelbyville less credit than they deserve bc they deserve a lot of credit for a great season it sounds like. Ultimately they lost to a good team in WV. Wish it could have gone different and shelbyville could have made it to the glass house but give credit where it is due. Just my opinion. On a side note, from what I hear on here and from coaches i keep in touch with in district 8, andrews is the real deal. I hope i get to make it back home next year to watch him play.Anyone know his stats against WV? Wish I could have seen little twilley too this year b/c if he is anything like his brother, and I hear he is almost as good, im sure he was fun to watch. Overall, great season and thanks for the many laughs I received following the season through coacht. While some seem to have much knowledge and have been informative throughout the year, some posts are very comical and it is obvious certain people see EVERYTHING one sided! I guess thats how it goes though. Congrats Shelbyville for representing the district well.

Congratulations Walker Valley! You were without a doubt the best team and best coached team I have seen play in a very long time. You deserve this victory and I will be pulling for you in your run for the state. From all of the Owl fans, I wish you the best of luck.

I said in my earlier post before the game, don't bet money you can't afford to loose and don't leave any WV player open from behind the three point line. I would have been at that game if Ooltewah didn't have a home baseball game. As it turned out, it was not much of a baseball game but it did sound like a heck of a basketball game.

Go Mustangs!

Go Owls!

you must not know much about high school basketball. a team that has one loss and beat "your" team you cant call overrated because that means they play a terrible schedule, well you are now part of that terrible schedule and they beat you as well so what does that make you. secondly I doubt there was any homecooking from the refs because in the substate they dont use refs from anywhere near wear the home team is, so the officiating should be completely unbiased. you all had a great season unfortunately it came to an end last night so stop whining

you must not know much about high school basketball. a team that has one loss and beat "your" team you cant call overrated because that means they play a terrible schedule, well you are now part of that terrible schedule and they beat you as well so what does that make you. secondly I doubt there was any homecooking from the refs because in the substate they dont use refs from anywhere near wear the home team is, so the officiating should be completely unbiased. you all had a great season unfortunately it came to an end last night so stop whining

ok first off HATS OFF TO WALKER VALLEY HIGH! you have a good ball team and and play with a lot of heart. AS for a better ball team than Shelbyville .. NO WAY! The Eagles beat themselves by stupid mistakes, and an off game in shooting. Yall won the draw last night but as poor as Shelbyville played compared to the way we've been playing yall shold have killed us.. but u were unable to!.. YALL'S GYM stinks!!! LOL It is the most ridiculous piece of architecture i've ever seen lol... Yall can't lose at home because no one else can shoot on yall's goals. Like I said Hats Off to yall i'm not making excuses just venting mostly cuz I traveled two and a half hours to see our boys beat themselves.. it happens tho. Anyways u play that game anywhere else and Walker Valley loses by 12! Good luck @ state but it gets harder to live by the three the farther you go... so better D up

Here is why I say what I have:

1.) Walker Valley is by far the best team in a mediocre region, at best. Wins-Losses dont lie.

2.) Anybody can apply a little pressure defense, but region 3 consistently struggles against region 4 because region 4 teams actually play D E F E N S E the whole game, and not to just try to force turnovers. Even in the half court set, Shelbyville is very good defensively.

3. They have not faced a player like Emmanuel Andrews nor a Point Guard like Deonta Twilley, I can guarantee that.

4. Shelbyville is going to bring the town monday night, probably to the point where they will outdraw Walker Valley in their own gym. That pretty much negates any homecourt advantage.

5. Under Kevin Thomas, I dont think they have ever lost a sectional game, home or on the road. Walker Valley is no doubt a good team, but by looking at their schedule Shelbyville is probably the best team they will face all year.

GO EAGLES!

Only problem is that when you live and die by the 3, you usually die pretty fast against a solid defensive team.

Not much on here from "OaklandPansies" and "DeadWoodDave" this morning.

1. I guess the mediocre Region 3 stepped up last night. Congratulations to Red Bank and Walker Valley for representing East Tennessee and making it to AAA State.

2. Shelbyville played good D, but no better then Red Bank, Cleveland, or even Tennesse Temple and Chattanooga Christian and I think the latter are single A.

3. I was at the WVHS game and it looked like Andrews was rattled a little by seeing good D (2 3's, best shooter in the state?, David Ware made 5 3's).

4. Twilley, quickest human in the state? He's quick and he's good. 5 points, costly technical, Burrel got 3 steals guarding him. Brice Sharp was the best point guard on the court last night. Makes you wonder???

You guys got to get out more often and watch a little basketball outside of your region before you get on here and start posting bs.

Good Luck next year.