Ooltewah FBall 2009-10

TNsteeler

Maybe...but,I doubt it.ooltewah will run until they are blue in the face. 2 years in a row of running the the ball unmercifully,Why change now? Seriously,Why change now? DEFENSE will be lights out,again...so run,to keep the ball away from team x. win,win,win.use Long to pin everyone back deep.,.then get in playoffs and take whatever,they give ya. please use some sarcasim,when reading this. SERIOUSLY NOW...this years team will be very dangerous on both sides of the ball. Offense will have some new surprises,defense will be a surprise(lost some athletes,but the ones replacing graduating seniors are very good). Can't wait!!!!!

Ooltewah had a defense that was predicated on the big play, not neccessarily a great defense. You can still be a run first team and win the state championship, but you also have to be balanced enough to win through the air when you have to. That was Ooltewah's ultimate undoing, that and their pretty small in numbers.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooltewah had a defense that was predicated on the big play, not neccessarily a great defense. You can still be a run first team and win the state championship, but you also have to be balanced enough to win through the air when you have to. That was Ooltewah's ultimate undoing, that and their pretty small in numbers.

Yes,we all know about no passing game...please don't remind us!! The big plays were mostly on punt returns,which gave oakland a small field to work with(which is what the owls did most of the year) OAKLAND was a better team last year.....but that was last year. anything can happen from now til december. GOOD-LUCK to everybody!!! especially the OWLS!!!!

Yes,we all know about no passing game...please don't remind us!! The big plays were mostly on punt returns,which gave oakland a small field to work with(which is what the owls did most of the year) OAKLAND was a better team last year.....but that was last year. anything can happen from now til december. GOOD-LUCK to everybody!!! especially the OWLS!!!!

And unless you work to improve on that, last year will still be this year..............

I understand that the Owls have lost some good players to the new Hamilton Sports'>East Hamilton school, and also lost getting some of the upcoming talent that decided to attend the new school. How will this affect the Owls in the next couple of years? East Brainerd, Apison and southside of Ooltewah have always produced some good talent for the Owls and besides the ones that decided to hang on now for now, I bet it will show soon....

I understand that the Owls have lost some good players to the new Hamilton Sports'>East Hamilton school, and also lost getting some of the upcoming talent that decided to attend the new school. How will this affect the Owls in the next couple of years? East Brainerd, Apison and southside of Ooltewah have always produced some good talent for the Owls and besides the ones that decided to hang on now for now, I bet it will show soon....

It will not show up this year as the Owls return 27 seniors. The future gets a little dicier to predict. Because of "no child left behind", the Ooltewah program has been able to attract football players from outside their zone. Rumor has it that Monroe will call it quits after this season. Although Doug Green is the heir apparent, I look for new principal and former Owl head baseball coach Mark Bean to be his own man and make his own decision. Watch for Mr Bean to reach out to former East Ridge and current head coach at Heritage(Ringgold) Tim James.

Because Monroe coaches track, he has been able to attract track/football athletes. I don't know that James would be able to capitalize on Ooltewah's unique position like Monroe.

I say all this to point out that Ooltewah probably has more players than anyone that live outside the "zone" than live inside. I don't seeing it being that big of a deal if the right replacement is chosen. But Ooltewah is not a "neighborhood" school.

I look for this year to be an outstanding Football year for both sides of the ball. From what I have heard they are working a lot on passing and running as well. I do not believe the QB position is up for grabs I think Brady Reed has taken that by the reigns and will continue to do his job they way he knows how. We need to give these kids credit for all they do. I think each and everyone of them will contribute to this 2009-2010 team. Lets praise this team instead of putting them down. We are their biggest fans and they look for us to cheer them on no matter what the outcome may be in the end.

I look for this year to be an outstanding Football year for both sides of the ball. From what I have heard they are working a lot on passing and running as well. I do not believe the QB position is up for grabs I think Brady Reed has taken that by the reigns and will continue to do his job they way he knows how. We need to give these kids credit for all they do. I think each and everyone of them will contribute to this 2009-2010 team. Lets praise this team instead of putting them down. We are their biggest fans and they look for us to cheer them on no matter what the outcome may be in the end.

I agree that qb is not up for grabs. If you replace a senior that started as a sophomore and junior, that calls into question the decision that was made two years ago to go with Brady when you knew as a sophomore he would make mistakes. I for one admire his toughness and look for him to have a big season throwing to Jaquez,Zarzour,Mayfield, and Delaney....all seniors. If and it's a big if the Owls can rebuild their o-line, this team could go deep into the playoffs like last season and who knows?

It will not show up this year as the Owls return 27 seniors. The future gets a little dicier to predict. Because of "no child left behind", the Ooltewah program has been able to attract football players from outside their zone. Rumor has it that Monroe will call it quits after this season. Although Doug Green is the heir apparent, I look for new principal and former Owl head baseball coach Mark Bean to be his own man and make his own decision. Watch for Mr Bean to reach out to former East Ridge and current head coach at Heritage(Ringgold) Tim James.

Because Monroe coaches track, he has been able to attract track/football athletes. I don't know that James would be able to capitalize on Ooltewah's unique position like Monroe.

I say all this to point out that Ooltewah probably has more players than anyone that live outside the "zone" than live inside. I don't seeing it being that big of a deal if the right replacement is chosen. But Ooltewah is not a "neighborhood" school.

OFFICIAL!!! 100 %!!! This is N O T Coach Monroe's last year!!!!

Where are they from, Brainerd, Tyner, Harrison, all over town?

All owl fans are tired of the excuses!!!!! I'm tired of "SO-CALLED FANS" blaming the recvrs for dropped balls...tired of blaming coach monroe for playing favorites(blacks over whites),coaches playing poor black kids,because white kids CAN afford college,whining about some kids living out of zone, BLAH,BLAH,BLAH!!!!!!!! Over zealous DADS making excuses because their little baby is being looked over FOR WHAT EVER REASON!!! Over zealous DADS whining because their little baby messes up over n over..and expects everyone to coddle and coo him....That's whats wrong with all this crap with the football program......Not to mention all this crap about coaches and kids leaving for east hamilton,,,bottom line"EITHER YOU ARE AN OWLS FAN or your not!!" ONLY a couple of kids are going to the next level to play football..GUESS WHAT? IT'S NOT YOUR KID!!!!! and I'm not delusional.,. neither of my kids are going to play football in college unless,they go to a DIII school(if that). Good-god,people,when Coach Monroe quits coaching,you'll know it.Be glad,we have him. IF you don't like Ooltewah's program,guess what?, it could be chattanooga central(no offense),brainerd,whitwell,etc...SHUT THE HECK-UP,go to the games cheer,boo what-ever,but please the stupid excuses make you look like a complete fool.Nobody knows what coach Monroe will do,except coach Monroe!! Every game is different,every year is different,no one person is bigger than the team,if any player is having a bad game,they will be replaced. I think Ooltewah is the best thing going in and around chattanooga(totally my opinion).This year will be interesting to see how everything falls into place.STOP the excuses.

I don't see anybody whining. Why can't we have an honest discussion without you acting like a complete horse's arse?

The poster above asked if East Hamilton would hurt Ooltewah and I gave him my opinion. One thing we know is certain and that is that Monroe won't coach forever. This is the pre-season and you can only talk so much about who the second team left guard might be or how many freshmen are coming out.