Single A Girls State Tourney

jvaughan

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is Lake Co. not very good? Everyone is picking Oliver Springs to beat them and Hampton just beat a team last night by 27 that OS only beat by 1 just 3 days days ago...

I think Oliver Springs has proved they are one of the better teams in A this year. They have given Clarkrange all they wanted on two occasions. The game at Clarkrange was much closer than the score showed, and they gave them all they could handle at home. No one else besides Jackson County has given them that game.

As for the game Wednesday, everyone at this stage is good. I haven't seen Lake County, but I'm sure it'll be a good game. I just don't see OS going home though.

I think Oliver Springs has proved they are one of the better teams in A this year. They have given Clarkrange all they wanted on two occasions. The game at Clarkrange was much closer than the score showed, and they gave them all they could handle at home. No one else besides Jackson County has given them that game.

As for the game Wednesday, everyone at this stage is good. I haven't seen Lake County, but I'm sure it'll be a good game. I just don't see OS going home though.

All these teams are good or they wouldn't be here..Lake Co is good..but young..Should remember that Bradford did very well at State last year..Believe they only lost by a couple points ..and was close to playing for the title..And Bradford had several good athletes returning from that team..Lake Co took 2 of 3 from Bradford and was the only Single A team in the State to beat them until Madison beat them in the sub-state game..From what I read..most people feel Bradford lost because Molly Wallsmith only played about 2 minutes in the second half and the Bradford big girls fouled out..Lake Cp won with those girls on the floor..Not taking anything from Madison..They won against a very good Bradford team..But..I wouldn't sell this Lake Co team short either..Lake Co is very quick..!

Anyone know anything bout Hampton?

Hampton is a purty solid team. They beat Wartburg by 27 last night and Oliver Springs beat the same Wartburg team by 1 a couple of days ago. The Lady Dogs also won 3 games against a Cloudland team that lost by 2 in 3 overtimes to Oliver Springs last night on Oliver Springs' homecourt. I believe Hampton's record is making people overlook them, but they've lost to some very good teams (South Greene, Elizabethton, Cloudland, North Greene, Unicoi Co., Happy Valley). They've got some purty decent wins over AAA Science Hill and AA Stone Memorial and they won a tournament against some good teams in NC. A ton of injuries hurt the Lady Dogs in the middle of the season, but they are tough now that they are healthy. And I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm hatin on Oliver Springs, I'm really not trying to. It's just about the only information that I can give to let people know how good the Lady Dogs are...

Hampton is a purty solid team. They beat Wartburg by 27 last night and Oliver Springs beat the same Wartburg team by 1 a couple of days ago. The Lady Dogs also won 3 games against a Cloudland team that lost by 2 in 3 overtimes to Oliver Springs last night on Oliver Springs' homecourt. I believe Hampton's record is making people overlook them, but they've lost to some very good teams (South Greene, Elizabethton, Cloudland, North Greene, Unicoi Co., Happy Valley). They've got some purty decent wins over AAA Science Hill and AA Stone Memorial and they won a tournament against some good teams in NC. A ton of injuries hurt the Lady Dogs in the middle of the season, but they are tough now that they are healthy. And I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm hatin on Oliver Springs, I'm really not trying to. It's just about the only information that I can give to let people know how good the Lady Dogs are...

Thanks for the info