Temple Dynasty!

TempleTrue

Since Temple started the 2000 season they have been absolutely incredible. Not sure if any team at any division has dominated or been as consistently good as they have been for the last 8 years. Regardless of the outcome of the state tourny in the next couple weeks- I don't think any team has the resume that this school has check it out...

3 Gold Balls

7 State Tournament Appearances

3 State Tourney MVP

4 Mr. Basketball Finalists

1 Mr. Basketball

20+ wins every year in the new Millennium

259-51 W/L since 2000 -That alone is amazing

6 Region Tourny Championships

6 District Tourny Championships

10-3 record at State Tournament...so far...

Pretty impressive...something tells me that this year is it for Temple, after this season disintegration of that school and team begins, so just wanted to congratulate all involved in the building and sustaining of such a dominate program...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it has been really fun watching the past temple teams in the state tourney... especially the year they beat Ezell, couldn't believe that...

This years team is good, but I don't see them bringing home the gold... although.. they could get put on an easy side of the bracket and have a cake walk into the finals...

on one side it could be

Manassas

Humboldt

Grace Baptist

Clarksville Academy

on the other side...

Temple

Grace Christian

Cloudland

Summertown

Temple would have a really good shot in this case, but unless it works out like this, I personally don't see temple winning it... it should go back to the West again this year...

Since Temple started the 2000 season they have been absolutely incredible. Not sure if any team at any division has dominated or been as consistently good as they have been for the last 8 years. Regardless of the outcome of the state tourny in the next couple weeks- I don't think any team has the resume that this school has check it out...

3 Gold Balls

3 State Tourney MVP

1 Mr. Basketball

Pretty impressive...something tells me that this year is it for Temple, after this season disintegration of that school and team begins, so just wanted to congratulate all involved in the building and sustaining of such a dominate program...

Very impressive. I don't really think you can look at the overall win/loss record because of the area they play in though. But it does feel good to see those stats, if you are assoicated with that school. What is this disintegration stuff??? Does that mean no more acrimonious scholarships awarded or something? Unfamiliar with that happening.

Very impressive. I don't really think you can look at the overall win/loss record because of the area they play in though. But it does feel good to see those stats, if you are assoicated with that school. What is this disintegration stuff??? Does that mean no more acrimonious scholarships awarded or something? Unfamiliar with that happening.

Temple's region is weak, however, they consistently play a tough non-conference schedule every year I believe. As far as dynasty goes, what they have done has been impressive. The foundation for their success was laid in the 90's by some very well-coached teams with a strong emphasis on man-to-man defense and playing together. They had a nice body of work during that decade with a much tougher district (CCS, Boyd, Valley, Arts). This decade, they became more uptempo and talented with the arrival of one Skogen family. The Wadley and Mouw families, as well as transfers Dee Newson, Jeremy Sexton, and Jarrod Johnson certainly haven't hurt. They've had a ton of players. It's been an impressive run.

3 Gold Balls

3 State Tourney MVP

1 Mr. Basketball

As much as I hate to say it their dynasty dates back longer than that they went to the state finals in 98

I wouldnt say that Franklin waxed Temple. They beat them in the first quater but after that Temple played with them and even beat them in one of the quarters. If it wasnt for the way they played the rirst quarter they would of beat them.

Last I checked you you win basketball games by scoring more points, Temple got beat from start to finish. That game was never in doubt. Don't feel bad, Franklin was in a AAA sectional game. It just shows you how hard it is in AAA to make it to state.

Last I checked you you win basketball games by scoring more points, Temple got beat from start to finish. That game was never in doubt. Don't feel bad, Franklin was in a AAA sectional game. It just shows you how hard it is in AAA to make it to state.

What exactly are you trying to prove? Cause I don't think anything you have said has anything to do with the impressive record Temple has had this decade..Are you looking for cudos or something? Would you like a cookie?

I was at that game at Franklin. Temple spotted Franklin 25 points in the first quarter just for fun /wink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> I think the next two quarters were a draw with Temple winning the fourth quarter. It would be a real stretch to say Temple was beat from start to finish.

Franklin was defnitely a good team and they had some real athletes on the team but I think you really mean to point out how hard it is for Franklin to make it to the tournament, not how hard it is for a AAA team to make it. Last year, Temple was the only team in any classification to return to the state tournament from the previous year. I would say it is very difficult for most teams to make it to the state, regardless of classification.

true- but the 1998-1999 season was bad like 17-15 W/L and the next year, 1999-2000 they didn't make it to sectionals, finished 24-7...

98- 99 Temple was 27-8 with a lose in short lived Section Tournament, 99-00 Caleb Marcum (then player) hurt his knee and missed much of the season (he was the best player). A young Jake Scogan also broke an arm or a wrist, and missed all of the season. So the down year were not as down as you think. I think that they were eliminated by CCS, the state champs in 99-00.