Temple Dynasty!

TempleTrue

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that was posted in bitterness and hatefullness... im sorry mannasses put you out FIRST roun. so that their #1 and temple is #2 in the state! and humboldt hmmmm no where to be found sorry buddy

Man Please! Do you honestly think Temple is the second best team in the state? Manassas beat Humboldt with a last second 3 pointer. Manassas ran Temple out of the gym. As I stated on another post, this is why the #1 and #2 team should not be on the same side of the bracket. The championship was played on Wednesday morning....

When you say "Lane Kiffin of Chattanooga basketball" in my mind I think total idiot and huge jack @$$!!... but I am not sure if that was your point... I don't care what Caleb Marcum says it is over....

So, since it is "over" for Temple, is it "over" for you too, or should we look forward to posts next year from DavidBrainerdTrue, or maybe SilverdaleTrue?

Man Please! Do you honestly think Temple is the second best team in the state? Manassas beat Humboldt with a last second 3 pointer. Manassas ran Temple out of the gym. As I stated on another post, this is why the #1 and #2 team should not be on the same side of the bracket. The championship was played on Wednesday morning....

Mighty..I agree with you and Humboldt..Temple may have the Silver ball in their case..something they can tell their kids 20 years from now that they were the 2nd best team in the State...but even though they think they are the 2nd best team in the state...Temple would have finished 4th in District 14A behind Humboldt,Lake Co and Union City....I saw a lot of the teams in the area this year..Dyer Co a whole lot..Lake Co several times..Union City about 5 times..Humboldt about 8 times..Any of those teams would have beaten Temple if they had been at the Boro instead of knocking each other out..Manassas barely escaped Humboldt..Lake Co was beaten by 9 in Memphis at Manassas's home gym..!State Runnerup..but would be 4th in District 14A

Maybe, but you could have made a case for the same situation in the Chattanooga district/region especially before Chattanooga Christian moved up with the multiplier. It's up to Lake or any of the other teams mentioned to adapt to their specific situation even though in this case it means a tough district.

Maybe, but you could have made a case for the same situation in the Chattanooga district/region especially before Chattanooga Christian moved up with the multiplier. It's up to Lake or any of the other teams mentioned to adapt to their specific situation even though in this case it means a tough district.

No...It is not the same situation...Manassas, Humboldt, and Lake County were all ranked in the top 10. If you think that ranking doesn't make a difference, well just look at the championship game. Humboldt's only loss was to Manassas. Lake County's only losses were to #1 Humboldt and #2 Manassas. Manassas won th gold ball. There toughest game by far was the Humboldt game. I agree with the previous post that said that Temple was the 4th best team in the tournament. The championship game proved that. I just feel like #1 and #2 should be on separate sides of the bracket so that the 2nd best team will walk away with a silver ball. If Temple think they disserve a silver ball then they should've beaten the #2 team to prove it....

So, since it is "over" for Temple, is it "over" for you too, or should we look forward to posts next year from DavidBrainerdTrue, or maybe SilverdaleTrue?

Hey 'dadoffour', please don't start sarcastic remarkes about a fictious DavidBrainerdTrue. I haven't read the entire posts from this thread, but sounds like you mean something negative about David Brainerd. Let's don't go there when comparing Temple. Bash Silverdale all you want.

Like I stated earlier, Temple benefited from several schools moving out of class A. The '98 team you are talking about got "plastered" by CSAS in the last game of the regular season if memory serves me correctly. Icecold can probably shed some light on this for us. If CSAS had not moved up, Temple would not have even been to the state that year!

yes we basically had our way with Temple that year. I still think that is one of the best temple teams of all times though

No...It is not the same situation...Manassas, Humboldt, and Lake County were all ranked in the top 10. If you think that ranking doesn't make a difference, well just look at the championship game. Humboldt's only loss was to Manassas. Lake County's only losses were to #1 Humboldt and #2 Manassas. Manassas won th gold ball. There toughest game by far was the Humboldt game. I agree with the previous post that said that Temple was the 4th best team in the tournament. The championship game proved that. I just feel like #1 and #2 should be on separate sides of the bracket so that the 2nd best team will walk away with a silver ball. If Temple think they disserve a silver ball then they should've beaten the #2 team to prove it....

your right, since we choose not to play humbolt we should schedule a game to play them...or maybe not...life isnt fair so manassas is number 1 and Temple is number 2. Humbolt lost first game in the first round so i guess that would make them number 8. Congratulations on your win Manassas.

It's exactly the same situation. There were years 3 or 4 Class A teams in Chattanooga were at a top 10 level though I don't remember specific rankings, especially when Chattanooga Christian was A and in the years CSAS wasn't in AA. Temple "disserves" a silver ball because they beat the teams they were scheduled to play at the state.

yes we basically had our way with Temple that year. I still think that is one of the best temple teams of all times though

Temple was good in '98 but CSAS was 20 to 30 points better than they were.......again, Temple was lucky that CSAS had moved up to AA that year. The silver ball this year? I agree with Indian, they won the games to get it so it is theirs.