Big News from AC

futbolfan

You are right to a degree...but in their case the coach bailed on them. That was the main issue...and the uncertainty that goes along with an unstable program such as that one was at that time.

Wanting to make sure that I was clear. I am not talking about the Prices. I know what happened with them and ETSU. They did actually finish though. I'm talking about those folks who think they should have went to a D1 school and settle for a NAIA or D III where they still can't hack it and they quit. Those are the ones I am refering too. Or ones that leave because they think they should start and they don't. They end up coming home and never getting a degree. That should be their main focus in the first place.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wanting to make sure that I was clear. I am not talking about the Prices. I know what happened with them and ETSU. They did actually finish though. I'm talking about those folks who think they should have went to a D1 school and settle for a NAIA or D III where they still can't hack it and they quit. Those are the ones I am refering too. Or ones that leave because they think they should start and they don't. They end up coming home and never getting a degree. That should be their main focus in the first place.

Gotcha!

Word on the street is that Tony Lambert from Onieda made an unofficial visit to AC last week to scope things out. Any truth to that?

I wouldn't doubt it at all. At this point in the Spring the process has to be a little more rapid than normal. The time window is pretty narrow. I think by mid...no later than the end of April a decision should be made...IF Lambert doesn't take the job. It appears he is indeed the first option.

Word on the street is that Tony Lambert from Onieda made an unofficial visit to AC last week to scope things out. Any truth to that?

YES he was. I saw him yesterday at the TRACK meet & AC BASEBALL game where the MAVS beat KC again. The coaching job is his if he wants it.OLD coach KERR is history and so is his son JOSH'S shotputt record. Maybe now his name will be taken off of the TRACK fieldhouse. Coleman threw 51 ft. 6 in on his throw. I think this is his first year in the SHOTPUT. Iknow he had the FR. REC. in the 100 & 200 that CRIS FOULK held. I know some people will miss KERR he did a lot of good but I hope for new blood.

YES he was I saw him yesterday at the TRACK meet & AC BASEBALL game where the MAVS beat KC again. THE coaching job is his if he wants it.OLD coach KERR is history and so is his son JOSHS shotputt record maybe now his name will be taken off of the TRACK fieldhouse .Coleman threw 51 ft. 6 in on his throw I think this is his first year in the SHOTPUTT I now he had the FR. REC. in the 100 & 200 that CRISS FOLK held. I now some people will miss KERR he did a lot of good but I hope for new blood.

Wat i hear is that Coleman was disqualified and the throw did mot count.. Can anybody comfirm this? And yes Coach Kerr will be missed

It is from my understanding that Kerr wants Tony Lambert as the HC at AC. Also I believe that he would take the job, but the only thing that would keep him from taking it would be if his family would move or not. Lambert has always loved AC and it tore him up when he left. Yes he did have a better opportunity at Oneida, and it was closer to home, but I believe that he will take it if the opportunity is right for him and his family.

Also, I believe that Terry will be the AD if he wants it when Stooksbury retires. He would like to be a HC, but he can't deal with all of the pressure and being away from his young children.

I also think that neither of the Price brothers have enough experience to be a head coach. They have only been at AC for one or two years. Also, they are too young to take over a program that is one of the best in East Tennessee. Also, I don't believe that AC will hire a coach who may or may not be what they think they are. I have heard from sources, not saying that its true, but the Price brothers have parties all the time and invite young women to them. Like I said before, I don't know if this is true, it is just something that I have heard.

I believe that Sweetland will interview for the job, but I do not think he will leave Farragut. They are a great school, and he has a great job. I think that Gillum will interview as well, but I don't think he is what AC is looking for.

If Lambert turns down the offer, I believe that Gillum will have a shot, but only if Lambert doesn't take it.

I also think that neither of the Price brothers have enough experience to be a head coach. They have only been at AC for one or two years. Also, they are too young to take over a program that is one of the best in East Tennessee. Also, I don't believe that AC will hire a coach who may or may not be what they think they are. I have heard from sources, not saying that its true, but the Price brothers have parties all the time and invite young women to them. Like I said before, I don't know if this is true, it is just something that I have heard.

If you don't know if it is true you shouldn't be on here slandering people...You sir are what is bad about sports...you can hide behind things like, "I don't know if it's true...BUT". Come on. I have been friends with these men since we were in kindergarten; I know them as well if not better than anyone. I will not discuss their personal lives other than to say that what you have irresponsibly posted on a PUBLIC forum is a blatant lie. I can say, with confidence, that they do not party, nor even drink for that matter. You should be banned from this forum for such malicious slander. You have no class to post such a thing without firsthand knowledge or proof of said allegation. Again, if I had a daughter I would want her to marry one of them because they are class people with solid morals and a strong work-ethic. Am I saying they are perfect...no, but they are sure much closer than I am...and they choose to live the straight and narrow every day...it is sad that people like you get on a message board and hide behind an alias and slander people like them.

It is from my understanding that Kerr wants Tony Lambert as the HC at AC. Also I believe that he would take the job, but the only thing that would keep him from taking it would be if his family would move or not. Lambert has always loved AC and it tore him up when he left. Yes he did have a better opportunity at Oneida, and it was closer to home, but I believe that he will take it if the opportunity is right for him and his family.

Also, I believe that Terry will be the AD if he wants it when Stooksbury retires. He would like to be a HC, but he can't deal with all of the pressure and being away from his young children.

I believe that Sweetland will interview for the job, but I do not think he will leave Farragut. They are a great school, and he has a great job. I think that Gillum will interview as well, but I don't think he is what AC is looking for.

If Lambert turns down the offer, I believe that Gillum will have a shot, but only if Lambert doesn't take it.

ARMPITT- You don't know what you are talking about. Matt and Justin are outstanding men. You would be lucky to have such good people in your life. They absolutely do not have parties all the time, and each one has a girl friend. Retards like you hurt this website, and coaches who like to trade information on here stop reading it because of the BS idiots like you who try to spread lies. Get some facts, get a life, and then come and post on here. Otherwise, stay on the mickey mouse website where you belong.

ELA, this is the reason I don't post on here much and why I am not a plus member. You have to do a better job making sure people don't just get on here and try to attack a person's character.

I was at the school when Lambert was there. I spoke with him, and believe that he is as happy as he used to be.

Whether or not he takes it is still up to him and his family. I know his reason for leaving AC in the first place was to spend more time with his family. So i think that "when" he is offered

Im not sure if he is going to take the job, but i sure hope he does. he will be a great man for the job, and a great mentor to the young men of the program.

I have a cousin that went to school with the price brothers, and all she ever did was speak praise of how great people they are. I dont believe that they are bad people.

I do think that they are not quite ready to be a head coach, but they should be kept on the staff, for sure. Had Kerr stepped down a couple of years from now, then i would say that either one of them should have a shot. Just not at this point in time.

I think that Gilum will be a good choice as well. Also believe that Sweetland will be interested, but i dont think he will leave farragut.