Big News from AC

futbolfan

Well, then, I guess all posters on coachT have posted in caps and been rude at some point in time.....

Oh, for crying out loud! Who cares?

Now, back on topic...The Mavs definitely will have their work cut out for them this upcoming season. I think some of the players to watch will be: Blakely, Mabe, Pack, McCoy, Kesterson (really came on last season), Edwards (showed some GOOD potential). However, I'm really curious to find out who our next HC might be and when his name might be announced.

The guy asked a question. I answered it.

Some posters use caps to provide emphasis. Some use caps for every word. Internet etiquette considers it rude. I didn't create the idea, although many seem to agree with it.

Ever get behind a slow driver in the fast lane. Aggrevating, isn't it. They don't know or don't care what you think, even if most of the world thinks they're a the hind part of a burro. Just my own useless analogy.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Candidate: Lambert

Next Group: Gillum, Sweetland, J. Kerr, Terry, Wildcard Head Coach

Next: McKamey, Price, Samples, Wildcard Top Area Asst. Coach

Some of you are just making AC look ignorant with your name-calling and degrading remarks. How about staying on topic and be an adult. It's silly that some want their childhood best friend to be head coach and are disrespectful to those that don't agree. It's really not helping anyone as a candidate. It's just showing the maturity level of their friends and reinforces the idea that they may be to young for this level right now.

Hopefully, we will all soon know the new HC at AC!

Some of you are just making AC look ignorant with your name-calling and degrading remarks. How about staying on topic and be an adult. It's silly that some want their childhood best friend to be head coach and are disrespectful to those that don't agree. It's really not helping anyone as a candidate. It's just showing the maturity level of their friends and reinforces the idea that they may be to young for this level right now.

There were only two people that approached this board in a manner that was... Less than civil. I made it clear that Lambert had the inside track, nor did I critcize him. I am an assistant coach in KY, and if our head coach resigned or retired I would consider it a slap in the face for someone not on staff to be hired. Now at a program that is struggling/going in the wrong direction it is expected that a new coach and staff will be brought in, but a succesful program usually sees a coordinator promoted to the top spot. Anybody besides Lambert will be an insult to this staff which IS responsible for the turnaround after the 4 - 6 year.

The guy asked a question. I answered it.

Some posters use caps to provide emphasis. Some use caps for every word. Internet etiquette considers it rude. I didn't create the idea, although many seem to agree with it.

Ever get behind a slow driver in the fast lane. Aggrevating, isn't it. They don't know or don't care what you think, even if most of the world thinks they're a the hind part of a burro. Just my own useless analogy.

TO BE HONEST WITH YOU ALL, I DONT GIVE A RATS BUTT, IF YOU DONT LIKE ME TYPING IN ALL CAPS, I DONT CARE WHAT INTERNET ETIQUETTE THINKS EITHER, THIS IS A SPORTS MESSAGE BOARD, YOU SHOULD HAVE THE FREEDOM, JUST LIKE IN EVERYDAY LIFE, TO SPEAK, OR TALK HOW YOU WANT, AND THAT EVEN COUNTS THROWING A FEW NOT SO DEMEANING BAD WORDS AT ANYBODY FROM CATHOLIC /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY, WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH, THE LAST TIME I CHECKED, TO BE HONEST WITH THIS COACHT THING IS GETTING PRETTY LAME, BC IF SOMEONE COMES AT YOU WITH BS, AND CALLS YOU A NAME, YOU CANT DEFEND YOUR SELF, WITHOUT COACHT SHUTTING YOU DOWN FOR A FEW DAYS, BUT CATHOLIC PEOPLE, CAN SAY WHAT THEY WANT,AND NO ONE EVER SAYS ANYTHING. WHEN I FIRST STARTED ON THIS COACHT WEB SITE, IT WAS PRETTY COOL, BUT THEN IT GOT PERSONAL WITH A FEW OF PEOPLE ON HERE, AND IT SHOULD NEVER GET TO THAT, AND IF SOME OF THE PEOPLE IV HAD MY SPAT OF WORDS ACTUALLY KNEW WHO I WAS, I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THEY WOULD SAY THAT TO MY FACE. NOW, AS FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD LATELY, IN THE COACHING POSITION, NOTHING HAS CHANGED, LAMBERT IS THE LEADER, TODD SAMPLES IS SECOND, JUSTIN PRICE IS THIRD, AND THE COACH THAT RESIGNED FROM GREENVILLE IS FOURTH, BUT HE HAS NOT BEEN INTERVIEWED YET, ALSO THE PEOPLE OVER THE HIRING PROCESS, ARE KEEPING IT TO A MIN, ON THE ENTRIES FOR THE JOB, WICH MAKES ME TO BELIEVE, AFTER AC BANQUET THIS COMING SATURDAY, AC WILL ANNOUNCE THERE NEXT HEAD COACH, IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

TO BE HONEST WITH YOU ALL, I DONT GIVE A RATS BUTT, IF YOU DONT LIKE ME TYPING IN ALL CAPS, I DONT CARE WHAT INTERNET ETIQUETTE THINKS EITHER, THIS IS A SPORTS MESSAGE BOARD, YOU SHOULD HAVE THE FREEDOM, JUST LIKE IN EVERYDAY LIFE, TO SPEAK, OR TALK HOW YOU WANT, AND THAT EVEN COUNTS THROWING A FEW NOT SO DEMEANING BAD WORDS AT ANYBODY FROM CATHOLIC /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> THIS IS A FREE COUNTRY, WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO FREEDOM OF SPEECH, THE LAST TIME I CHECKED, TO BE HONEST WITH THIS COACHT THING IS GETTING PRETTY LAME, BC IF SOMEONE COMES AT YOU WITH BS, AND CALLS YOU A NAME, YOU CANT DEFEND YOUR SELF, WITHOUT COACHT SHUTTING YOU DOWN FOR A FEW DAYS, BUT CATHOLIC PEOPLE, CAN SAY WHAT THEY WANT,AND NO ONE EVER SAYS ANYTHING. WHEN I FIRST STARTED ON THIS COACHT WEB SITE, IT WAS PRETTY COOL, BUT THEN IT GOT PERSONAL WITH A FEW OF PEOPLE ON HERE, AND IT SHOULD NEVER GET TO THAT, AND IF SOME OF THE PEOPLE IV HAD MY SPAT OF WORDS ACTUALLY KNEW WHO I WAS, I SERIOUSLY DOUBT THEY WOULD SAY THAT TO MY FACE. NOW, AS FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD LATELY, IN THE COACHING POSITION, NOTHING HAS CHANGED, LAMBERT IS THE LEADER, TODD SAMPLES IS SECOND, JUSTIN PRICE IS THIRD, AND THE COACH THAT RESIGNED FROM GREENVILLE IS FOURTH, BUT HE HAS NOT BEEN INTERVIEWED YET, ALSO THE PEOPLE OVER THE HIRING PROCESS, ARE KEEPING IT TO A MIN, ON THE ENTRIES FOR THE JOB, WICH MAKES ME TO BELIEVE, AFTER AC BANQUET THIS COMING SATURDAY, AC WILL ANNOUNCE THERE NEXT HEAD COACH, IN THE NEXT COUPLE OF WEEKS. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

You are correct Mavsfan....this is a free country and you have the right to speak or talk about anything you want. But you should also respect coacht and everyone on here, even catholic fans....lol. Good luck to your Mavs finding a coach and i hope it is one you guys are happy with. Good luck & God Bless!

I don't disagree with Lambert being top choice.

Gillum, I don't think is qualified (JMO), Justin is just as, or really more qualified. Not in the "HC" department, perhaps, but just as in the "football smarts" dept.

Sweetland, Do you really think he would leave Farragut? He is , in my opinion, one of the reasons Farragut has been so successful these past few years. Of course, we could say that about Lambert, also.

J. Kerr, No.

Terry, maybe. I look to see him at AD, once Mrs. Stooksbury retires. Heck of a guy. Good choice.

McKamey, No.

Samples, maybe. Has had previous HC experience. Good guy. Good choice. New blood is not always a bad thing.

Don't know much about the Greenville coach. Anyone out there, please enlighten me.

All just my humble opinion...

I don't disagree with Lambert being top choice.

Gillum, I don't think is qualified (JMO), Justin is just as, or really more qualified. Not in the "HC" department, perhaps, but just as in the "football smarts" dept.

Sweetland, Do you really think he would leave Farragut? He is , in my opinion, one of the reasons Farragut has been so successful these past few years. Of course, we could say that about Lambert, also.

J. Kerr, No.

Terry, maybe. I look to see him at AD, once Mrs. Stooksbury retires. Heck of a guy. Good choice.

McKamey, No.

Samples, maybe. Has had previous HC experience. Good guy. Good choice. New blood is not always a bad thing.

Don't know much about the Greenville coach. Anyone out there, please enlighten me.

All just my humble opinion...

I am not sure where your information comes from but Samples has no HC experience. He is a good guy but has only been a position coach his whole career. If a position coach can assemble a good staff when/if he gets a HC job he could compensate for his lack of gameplanning and coordinating experience. It is just irregular to hire below the coordinator from within a staff.

YES DERRICK RANG LEFT TO BECOME D-CORD AT SOUTH DOYLE, ANOTHER GREAT YOUNG COACH AT AC, I WISH HIM NUTTIN BUT THE BEST I CONSIDER HIM A GREAT FRIEND, AND HAVE THE UP MOST RESPECT FOR HIM, AND HOPE HIM THE BEST! REMINDS YOU OF A YOUNG TONY LAMBERT

Sorry to have to disagree but I do. Kevin was the head coach there when there debacle started, but was not the one causing it to fall. Kevin is an excellent coach that knows the game of football. Probably has some trouble doing the off-the-field things that it takes to be a head coach. Clinton ran into the ground because of a lack of talent and apathy on the field on the ones that chose to play. Gaylor knew what he had coming to him. It wasn't just money that drew him.

Just a couple of general comments about the board. Gillum is much more qualified for the job than JP. Wonderful job at Scott Co., college experience playing, and some college coaching exp. If you didn't complete a college career in a sport, don't get on a message board and talk about what you did. There are so many kids that start a career, but never finsih. Do you know what this does, it hurts every student-athlete that comes after you at your high school. Coaches are less likely to recruit athletes from schools that burned them. Then goes for the athletic and academic side. College ball is more than just X's and O's. It really is about being a total student-athlete. I commend those students who go to school and finish their degree and playing careers. Lastly, rumor has it Randy Hall is the next coach at ACHS.

Just a couple of general comments about the board. Gillum is much more qualified for the job than JP. Wonderful job at Scott Co., college experience playing, and some college coaching exp. If you didn't complete a college career in a sport, don't get on a message board and talk about what you did. There are so many kids that start a career, but never finsih. Do you know what this does, it hurts every student-athlete that comes after you at your high school. Coaches are less likely to recruit athletes from schools that burned them. Then goes for the athletic and academic side. College ball is more than just X's and O's. It really is about being a total student-athlete. I commend those students who go to school and finish their degree and playing careers. Lastly, rumor has it Randy Hall is the next coach at ACHS.

So, if I were to say "I WAS AT THIS ONE HIGH SCHOOL AND THEN I WENT TO ANOTHER SCHOOL WITH THESE FRIENDS OF MINE. WHEN I WAS THERE, I WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST TO EVER PLAY FOR THAT SCHOOL. THEN I SIGNED WITH THIS ONE COLLEGE BUT THAT DIDN'T WORK OUT. SO I WENT TO ANOTHER SCHOOL FOR A WHILE, BUT I DIDN'T STAY THERE VERY LONG EITHER . BUT I STILL DON'T GIVE A RAT'S BUTT WHAT YOU ALL THINK BECAUSE I KNOW SO MUCH MORE THAN ANY OF YOU!!!"

Would this reflect badly on my school and the coaches I support?

So, if I were to say "I WAS AT THIS ONE HIGH SCHOOL AND THEN I WENT TO ANOTHER SCHOOL WITH THESE FRIENDS OF MINE. WHEN I WAS THERE, I WAS ONE OF THE GREATEST TO EVER PLAY FOR THAT SCHOOL. THEN I SIGNED WITH THIS ONE COLLEGE BUT THAT DIDN'T WORK OUT. SO I WENT TO ANOTHER SCHOOL FOR A WHILE, BUT I DIDN'T STAY THERE VERY LONG EITHER . BUT I STILL DON'T GIVE A RAT'S BUTT WHAT YOU ALL THINK BECAUSE I KNOW SO MUCH MORE THAN ANY OF YOU!!!"

Would this reflect badly on my school and the coaches I support?

Yes, school jumping does hurt your old high school. Coaches want an athlete that is committed. They don't want someone that is going to jump schools if things don't go their way. If a high school gets a reputation of that occuring with their athletes, yes it does hurt those kids that are possible prospects.

Yes, school jumping does hurt your old high school. Coaches want an athlete that is committed. They don't want someone that is going to jump schools if things don't go their way. If a high school gets a reputation of that occuring with their athletes, yes it does hurt those kids that are possible prospects.

You are right to a degree...but in their case the coach bailed on them. That was the main issue...and the uncertainty that goes along with an unstable program such as that one was at that time.