Big News from AC

futbolfan

Look for former Greeneville coach Steve McCurry to have an interview and be a leading man. (If Lambert does not take the job.) Sources close to Lambert have confirmed that he is in deep thought about taking the job and moving to AC. If you are one that says there is no way he would leave Oneida, you may want to reconsider.....

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Every experience I have had with GT has been a good one. He is a class act, and did a great job in the Border Bowl two years ago. His eyes may be on the AD job if AC's AD does indeed retire. Tough for them to lose such class people to retirement, but it is also exciting to be able to continue to build on what they have established. GT would certainly be a good CEO/face of the program type guy...if named the new HC. The three talked about so far...Justin Price, Tony Lambert, and Gary Terry would all be great fits for AC because of their deep connections to the program. It just seems like it would be a hard sell to get people to embrace an "outsider" as the new head coach...especially when there are so many HIGHLY QUALIFIED candidates right in the "Larry Kerr coaching family". He has developed one heck of a coaching tree. The current staff has many options, and obviously there are many that were coaches or players at AC that are elsewhere. Again...I am a fan of loyalty and it is obvious that there are people on staff that would like to spend their whole careers at AC. I hope the administration goes in the direction best for the future of AC...and hires someone connected to the program.

ONCE AGAIN BEING LOYAL HAS NUTTIN TO DO WITH HIRING A HEAD COACH FROM THAT PROGRAM, EXAMPLE FULMER GETTING THE BOOT, AND NOT ONE OF THE ASSISTANTS WERE RETAINED BY THE NEW COACH MR. LANE KIFFIN, AND I KNOW ALOT OF YOU FULMER RITES WER WANTING TO BRING BK DAVID CUT, OR JOHN CHAVIS GET THE JOB, AND GUESS WHAT IT DIDNT HAPPEN JUST LIKE IT WONT HAPPEN AT AC!

Did one of the assistants resign the same morning that Kerr retired?

YES DERRICK RANG LEFT TO BECOME D-CORD AT SOUTH DOYLE, ANOTHER GREAT YOUNG COACH AT AC, I WISH HIM NUTTIN BUT THE BEST I CONSIDER HIM A GREAT FRIEND, AND HAVE THE UP MOST RESPECT FOR HIM, AND HOPE HIM THE BEST! REMINDS YOU OF A YOUNG TONY LAMBERT

ONCE AGAIN BEING LOYAL HAS NUTTIN TO DO WITH HIRING A HEAD COACH FROM THAT PROGRAM, EXAMPLE FULMER GETTING THE BOOT, AND NOT ONE OF THE ASSISTANTS WERE RETAINED BY THE NEW COACH MR. LANE KIFFIN, AND I KNOW ALOT OF YOU FULMER RITES WER WANTING TO BRING BK DAVID CUT, OR JOHN CHAVIS GET THE JOB, AND GUESS WHAT IT DIDNT HAPPEN JUST LIKE IT WONT HAPPEN AT AC!

The major difference is this. Fulmer was forced out...Kerr was not. Tennessee had a very poor season last year...AC did not. The staff that was in place at UT was accountable for the poor season...the staff at AC has two seasons where they were on the verge of big things to their credit. Usually when a program has a head coach retire or resign that is in a stable/successful state the next HC comes from the existing staff. When a program is in trouble the whole program gets an enima and begins rebuilding with an outside coach. Those are of course broad generalizations, but they certainly apply to AC's particular situation.

Wasn't Catlett a pretty decent coordinator at one time? AC won a lot of ball games with him on staff in the 90's. Where is he now?

Catlett teaches math at Powell High School and has been on David Meske's coaching staff at The Webb School.