Big News from AC

futbolfan

NOT ON GODS GREEN EARTH WOULD THEY EVER HIRE SOME ONE FROM CLINTON, REMEMBER CLINTON JUST HAD ITS FIRST WINNING SEASON IN 10 YRS OR LESS, AND SCOTTY IS A GOOD GUY AND COACH, I KNOW HIM PERSONALLY,ALSO BEAT HIM PRETTY BAD HIS LAST YR AT CLINTON MIDDLE, BUT NO WAY HE GETS THE JOB! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

COLONEL, FROM WHAT I HAVE HEARD, THAT GT DOESNT WANT THE JOB, DNT KNOW WHY?

I dont think you have to worry about Herrell, i would think he is pretty happy where he is.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FOR ONE COACH L HAS NO CHILDREN IN HIGHSCHOOL, HE HAS ALREADY GRADUATED, AND AS I SAID BEFORE LAMBERT SON, THAT IS IN MIDDLE SCHOOL TOLD ME AND MY FAMILY, IN FRONT OF HIS MOM, AND DAD THAT HE WANTS TO PLAY HIS HIGHSCHOOL FOOTBALL AT AC, YES GIVEN THAT THE KID IS JUST IN THE SITH GRADE, BUT WHEN A KID SAYS SOMETHING LIKE AT, I PRETTY SURE HE'S MADE HIS MIND AND YOU KNOW WHAT HIS MOM SAID, SHE SAID THAT WELL JUST HAVE TO SEE WERE DADS COACHING AT THE TIME, I HAVE A REAL CLOSE RELATIONSHIP WITH THE LAMBERTS, AND I TELL YOU THIS HE TOLD ME ONE TIME JUST THIS PAST YR, HE SAID IF GIVEN THE OPPERTUNITY, HE WOULD LOVE TO COME BACK TO AC, IF IT WAS IN THE RIGHT SITUATION. I GUESS IF YOU LOVED THE FAT PHILL YEARS, I GUESS YOU WOULD ALSO LIKE TO SEE THE PRICES GET THE JOB, THAT WAY YOU COULD RUTE SAMPLES OUT THE WAY, FULMER DONE MAJORS /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> WHAT WOULD BE THE BIG PROBLEM OF HIM LIVING UP THERE AND COACHING DOWN AT AC HE JUST DONE IT FOR 8YRS PLUS /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> DUH!

Once again my OPINION is that Lambert has deeper roots than before. I thought his son was a jr. My mistake. I have no personal interest In this but I think justin is the best fit if lambert does not take the job. As I said outside of the prices being my friends they really are good people and football coaches. And NOBODY can deny that!

I dont think you have to worry about Herrell, i would think he is pretty happy where he is.

HE BETTER BE HAPPY WHERE HE IS BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT WANTS HIM /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Once again my OPINION is that Lambert has deeper roots than before. I thought his son was a jr. My mistake. I have no personal interest In this but I think justin is the best fit if lambert does not take the job. As I said outside of the prices being my friends they really are good people and football coaches. And NOBODY can deny that!

YES MATT& JUSTIN ARE GREAT YOUNG MEN & IF THEY GIT THE CHANCE THEY WILL BE GOOD COACHES. I LIKE COACH L BUT IAM WANTING THE ( PRICE TO BE RITE )THE GAMES AC LOST THIS YEAR WAS BECAUSE KERR STOPED LETTING HIS COACHES COACH .IF YOU ARE A COACH IN KY YOU KNOW COACHING IS A TEAM SPORT JUST LIKE WHEN YOU PLAYED RITE OR WRONG YOU WIN TOGETHER&LOSETOGETHER. A LOT OF PEOPLE TALKS ABOUT COACH JUSTIN PRICE DOING A GOOD JOB AND HE DOES BUT I LOVE THE JOB MATT DID ON DEFENCE. I KNOW HE HAD COLEMAN AN ALL STATE LINEBACKER AND A 4 YEAR STARTER CALLING THE DEF. BUT MATTS DEFENCE HELD KC THE STATE CHAMPS TO 86 YARDS RUSHING& IF KERR WOULD HAVE LET JP CALL THE PLAYS WHEN THERE WAS 2 MINS&11YRDS WAY FROM A TD & WINNING THE GAME THEY WOULD HAVE STATE CHAMPIONSHIP BECAUSE THAT WAS THE REAL CHAMPIONSHIP EVEN SUM OF THE KC PLAYERS& FANS THAT ARE FRIENDS OF MINE SAY THE SAME THING SO GOODLUCK & GODBLESS

What about Gary Terry? GT has ran that program for the last several years as the assistant head coach. I know he is in consideration the AD position, but he has been there as an assistant since the mid 90's before leaving Oak Ridge. Gary also has some time as a player at UT (I don't know exactly to what extent), but he is qualified. I do however agree that TL will get the offer first. The community will Greg out of town if he doesn't at least ask him first.

I second the motion for Gary Terry, a great guy and he would be a great Head Coach at AC, but if not, we would love to have him come back to Oak Ridge and help Coach Blade.

Coach Kerr has left the program in a very solid state. I believe Greg Deal will have plently of qualified applicants for the job, which are not contected to AC. Some I believe will have significant records. Randy Mckamey at Grace Academy is a name that intrigues me. He is from Anderson Co/Clinton (ex-Clinton Middle School head coach) and has been very successfull in coaching. I believe he would love to have the job.

I'll be surprised if Jim Gaylor applys. He is a great coach, but left Clinton HS becase of money and/or limited overall team talent coming up (so I was told). He did apply for the last opening at Clinton, but abruptly pulled his appt. I was told in that situation he would not be heavily considered for the position due to vacating it abruptly before ( don't know if he got wind of that or not). I can't see him wanting to come back to Anderson County Schools due to better pay as a DC in Maryville. Maybe a good place for somebody like Joe Gaddis. Beloved in OR and really loved this area from what I am told. His name came up during the last Clinton HS coach search, but I don't think he applied. He's doing great things where he is at now.

AC has great potential due to the strong records that Kerr had over the years. Kerr was an outstanding coach, he just had a couple of other things about him that may have limited him with the players (I will not bash him, none of us are perfect). Talent has been good and the right person could maybe take the program a step higher. Hey, every coach wants to do what Quarrels/Maryville has done. A good coach just has to have the right place to do it.

I second the motion for Gary Terry, a great guy and he would be a great Head Coach at AC, but if not, we would love to have him come back to Oak Ridge and help Coach Blade.

Every experience I have had with GT has been a good one. He is a class act, and did a great job in the Border Bowl two years ago. His eyes may be on the AD job if AC's AD does indeed retire. Tough for them to lose such class people to retirement, but it is also exciting to be able to continue to build on what they have established. GT would certainly be a good CEO/face of the program type guy...if named the new HC. The three talked about so far...Justin Price, Tony Lambert, and Gary Terry would all be great fits for AC because of their deep connections to the program. It just seems like it would be a hard sell to get people to embrace an "outsider" as the new head coach...especially when there are so many HIGHLY QUALIFIED candidates right in the "Larry Kerr coaching family". He has developed one heck of a coaching tree. The current staff has many options, and obviously there are many that were coaches or players at AC that are elsewhere. Again...I am a fan of loyalty and it is obvious that there are people on staff that would like to spend their whole careers at AC. I hope the administration goes in the direction best for the future of AC...and hires someone connected to the program.