South Greene vs Gibson County

dodgerdude

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it will be a great game and probably very close. People have to remember that 2 of South Greene's losses were to Morristown West (who they have beaten once this year and is an excellent triple A team) and another loss was to Wilson Central by only 2 points. They did lose two other heart breaking very close games, but I am confident they could win those if they had it to do over. In looking at Gibson's schedule; while they are undefeated, they have not played any triple A teams. I think South Greene should not be overlooked. Good luck Rebels!!!

Two very similar teams. I am pulling for South Greene, but I fear Gibson's two posts will be hard to contain.

I saw South Greene today. They are good, but Hume Fogg would've finished 4th in Dist. 13AA. Westview, Gibson, and Obion Co. are all 3 better than Hume Fogg. I'm still wondering how Hume Fogg beat Marshall Co. As for South Greene, #21 could light it up for sure. They had some other good shooters as well. I'm not sure they have anyone to stop Reedy or Griffin from Gibson in the post and anyone quick enough to keep up with Butler. I'm not ruling South Greene out of the game, but I feel Gibson Co. should win tomorrow! Good Luck to Gibson Co. tomorrow and hopefully we can pull out another W! GO GC!

who cares if you beat a AAA team? this is AA... plus, this is tournament time... regular season dont matter... its one game at a time.. i listened to most of the south greene game this mornin and all of the GC game... i think the games 2m are goin to be really good but i think GCs post game and butler runnin around shootin the lights out will be too much for south greene.. but well see 2m... good luck to both teams

I believe it will be a great game and probably very close. People have to remember that 2 of South Greene's losses were to Morristown West (who they have beaten once this year and is an excellent triple A team) and another loss was to Wilson Central by only 2 points. They did lose two other heart breaking very close games, but I am confident they could win those if they had it to do over. In looking at Gibson's schedule; while they are undefeated, they have not played any triple A teams. I think South Greene should not be overlooked. Good luck Rebels!!!

i really believe that people are not giving gc enough credit for their schedule its not the best but it is better than most and they dominated it. that being said south greene looked good today but gc's advantage in going to be in the post, not only posting up but running the floor. they made several layups by beating the bolivar players down the floor. also gc,s guards other than butler will need to do a better job of hitting the open shot. they had a chance to really put bolivar away early but they couldn get the three's to fall. i would be willing to guess that this is one of the worst shooting games of the year for them(17% from three)

Everyone sees the world different, I guess. Puzzles me at times.

South Green wins this one. "Gibson's post running the floor?" No one must have watched the post of South Green run the floor. Yes, Gibson has a great little ball handler/shooter. South Green has 3. Gibson is a speed bump in South Green's road to gold this year. They'll feel a bump, but it won't stop em.

GC has hit stride at the right time, "hitting a speed bump"....more like "hitting the wall" GC plays in the 'ship

Good luck GC!!!!

Might feel kinda like GC hits a wall when they face off against these SG girls...might want to strap on the chin-straps nice 'n tight and get ready for a physical game.

Both of these teams had very similar games this morning. They both forced a lot of turnovers and won by similar margins. Gibson County is still the favorite but you can't count South Greene out after seeing how they played against Hume-Fogg. I look forward to a great game on Friday!!

I've only had one wrong pick so far in the AA Bracket. Because that wrong pick was McMinn Central winning it all, that error will continue throughout the entire bracket (yes, I was biased). However, being 75% correct in the first four games qualifies me somewhat. So here goes:

After watching both Westview and obviously Livingston Academy play Wednesday, I think Livinston Academy is the better team between the two.

I didn't get to watch either South Greene or Gibson County play, but I'm going with South Greene merely because I was raised in neighboring Cocke County and I'm familiar with their program and past successes.

Congratulations to the players, coaches, and fans of all four remaining teams.