Livingston Academy vs. Gibson County

13aafanatic

Congrats GC the rest of the state just dont know how good west Tennessee basketball is bet they do NOW!!! AGAIN CONGRATS GIBSON COUNTY

Gibson was up by 3 with 3:14 to go. Don't act like you blew the Lady Wildcats out of the gym. It didn't happen. It was a good ball game. The better team won yesterday. In my opinion, McMinn was a better team than the team LA faced yesterday, as was Upperman. That's the way the game came out yesterday. Congratulations to Gibson County on a State Championship, congratulations to LA on runner-up. You made a good run.

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibson was up by 3 with 3:14 to go. Don't act like you blew the Lady Wildcats out of the gym. It didn't happen. It was a good ball game. The better team won yesterday. In my opinion, McMinn was a better team than the team LA faced yesterday, as was Upperman. That's the way the game came out yesterday. Congratulations to Gibson County on a State Championship, congratulations to LA on runner-up. You made a good run.

Like i said. it was not a blow out. but if your going to say that McMinn and Upperman was better than the LA team that showed up yesterday, then we can also say that the GC team that showed up and played was not the same GC team that beat westview by 30 something points in the region championship game or the same GC team that won every game except three or four by 20 + points. anyone who made the trip to west tennessee to watch GC play out of the state tourny will tell you that the GC Lady P's did not play as full as they did for most of the season. with that said, any team can make this argument. Im sure Marshall county and McMinn would love to make this argument for there teams as well. GC knows they didnt blow LA out of the water and so do most the fans. but when you look back in the books 10 years down the road, its not going to say this was a 3 point game untill the final 3 minutes. its going to have GC winning by 20 points. as much unjustice it gives how the game really went, thats how it will be. like it or not.

Rocking chair- honey, go take a pill or something. I don't see any of the GC fans on here trashing the LA players. As usual it's the fans. The earlier post from the Bee fan proved that. RC, my post may be silly by your standards, but most of your posts are very insulting and arrogant. Those LA girls played their heart out. I take nothing at all away from them. My comment about the tackles was dead on as anyone with one eye and half sense could see. Where any of you can get that all the calls went our way is beyond me. I wish I knew what they were smoking. GC girls spent alot of time smacking the floor from being knocked down without any call. I began to think they had stair steps on their back the way some of the LA players were climbing all over them, but once again, that's aggressive b-ball. If the whistle was blown for every violation, we'd never get finished with a game. As far as a blow-out, Da Kidd, no way. With the exception of the last 3:14, it was way too close for comfort. But, I will have to say that it wasn't close just because of LA, but because GC was beating themselves. Your D didn't shut Butler down so much that she couldn't perform. She played her heart out as usual, but she missed some open shots right in the paint out front after she blew by the D. But that's ok. We love her and she played awesome. She'll be the first to tell you she's not a "one man show". My only reason for posting in the first place was because of all the "season play"/schedule comments by the majority of LA fans and the typical lack of respect for teams west of the TN River. We've been dealing with that for years, so it's really not much of a surprise. It justs gets old after a while. I mean we win the Class AA state championship for the very first time in our history and still have to listen to all the smack and crap. Talk about disrespecting. Go GC Lady Pioneers! Be proud of what you have accomplished even if others don't seem to think you deserve it! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Gibson County and West Tennessee are proud of you! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I would also like to congratulate all the other West TN teams for their success this year. We had representation in all 3 championship games. Way to go girls!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Rocking chair- honey, go take a pill or something. I don't see any of the GC fans on here trashing the LA players. As usual it's the fans. The earlier post from the Bee fan proved that. RC, my post may be silly by your standards, but most of your posts are very insulting and arrogant. Those LA girls played their heart out. I take nothing at all away from them. My comment about the tackles was dead on as anyone with one eye and half sense could see. Where any of you can get that all the calls went our way is beyond me. I wish I knew what they were smoking. GC girls spent alot of time smacking the floor from being knocked down without any call. I began to think they had stair steps on their back the way some of the LA players were climbing all over them, but once again, that's aggressive b-ball. If the whistle was blown for every violation, we'd never get finished with a game. As far as a blow-out, Da Kidd, no way. With the exception of the last 3:14, it was way too close for comfort. But, I will have to say that it wasn't close just because of LA, but because GC was beating themselves. Your D didn't shut Butler down so much that she couldn't perform. She played her heart out as usual, but she missed some open shots right in the paint out front after she blew by the D. But that's ok. We love her and she played awesome. She'll be the first to tell you she's not a "one man show". My only reason for posting in the first place was because of all the "season play"/schedule comments by the majority of LA fans and the typical lack of respect for teams west of the TN River. We've been dealing with that for years, so it's really not much of a surprise. It justs gets old after a while. I mean we win the Class AA state championship for the very first time in our history and still have to listen to all the smack and crap. Talk about disrespecting. Go GC Lady Pioneers! Be proud of what you have accomplished even if others don't seem to think you deserve it! /flower.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":flower:" border="0" alt="flower.gif" /> Gibson County and West Tennessee are proud of you! /biggrin.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> I would also like to congratulate all the other West TN teams for their success this year. We had representation in all 3 championship games. Way to go girls!!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well said! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Well said! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Could not have said it better myself. Talking about sore losers. Rockin chair they do make medicine for that!! This thread has gotten out of control. All I know is it has been since 1992 since any AA team went undefeated....like 35-0. Pretty impressive for girls AA basketball in this state. Great job Gibson County and please take what a lot of the posters from 7AA with a grain of salt. How bout this for some more facts..... Gibson County through a 10 game tournament stretch beat their opponents by an average margin of 20 POINTS or more! That's pretty impressive. What a great accomplishment. Know doubt Gibson County was probably one of the best if not THE BEST team in the entire state in all classifications in 2008-2009 /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Your probably right 'DaKidd'.

Wonder if they have a boys team ? Sure would love to play them wouldn't you. /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Your words not mine Rocking Chair.....I'm not confused. Is this a refection on how you act like you've been there? Man am I impressed. We can read here in West Tennessee!!!!! /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=" Anyway, yes I have confused some of ,I guess 7AA posters, because there are many. Some are mature and constructive and poke fun which is good, but some are way over the top. Is just a game. I try to keep my post above board because let's remember we are talking about young student athletes here, but some of you guys get way too personal when things don't work out your way! And that's a shame. Congratulations once again to LA. And to Gibson County on a perfect 35-0 season that has not happened since 1992. Let's acknowledge the accomplishment of both teams. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

My comment about the tackles was dead on as anyone with one eye and half sense could see. Where any of you can get that all the calls went our way is beyond me. I wish I knew what they were smoking. GC girls spent alot of time smacking the floor from being knocked down without any call. I began to think they had stair steps on their back the way some of the LA players were climbing all over them

Well it is true. If you would look at the total foul shots that was taken by both teams you would see that the foul call went your way. The reason I am saying this is cause Gibson attempted 24 to Livingston 7. That shows that the foul count was against Livingston. Livingston had a total of 20 personal fouls to Gibson Co. 12 personal fouls.

We in Livingston is very proud of our Lady Wildcats. Keep your heads high and be proud of what you gals accomplished. Way to finish at #4 in the MidState top 10 in the Tennessean.

How many of those were Livingston stopping the clock in the fourth quarter?

They had about 4 fouls towards the end stopping the clock. One of them could've been considered intentional when the girl grabbed Griffin by her jersey and through her to the floor. GC pretty much blew the game open with layups and threes. The refs called the fouls evenly. They let ALOT go, but there was an even balance of fouls before LA started fouling in the end.

As far as a blow-out, Da Kidd, no way. With the exception of the last 3:14, it was way too close for comfort. But, I will have to say that it wasn't close just because of LA, but because GC was beating themselves. Your D didn't shut Butler down so much that she couldn't perform. She played her heart out as usual, but she missed some open shots right in the paint out front after she blew by the D. But that's ok. We love her and she played awesome. She'll be the first to tell you she's not a "one man show".

If you're going to say this, then I can feel safe in saying that LA beat themselves. That your D had absolutely nothing to do with our girls missing wide open layups and that our girls were just having a tough shooting night. Ya know, they just beat themselves. However, I won't say that because I know darn well that the GC defense was causing our girls to rush their shots and ultimately miss them(and yes, we still love our girls too). I just wish you guys would do the same.

I have given your team all the credit in the world. If anyone has really read my posts they'd see that I have not once disrespected any team.

Your one of the main ones that started all this with your so-called first post.......I guess winning the state championship isn't good enough for you people. I have shown you my post after the game and how I gave your team their props. And you still come back with all this BS that's getting old, having to hear why you all didn't win by more points or our girls played to rough or our star player had a bad game or we get no respect or LA didn't have a hand in us having a bad game b/c we were beating ourselves. I don't remember who said it makes no difference anyway.... "you all need to act like you have been there before" knew what they were talking about that's for sure. So if it makes you happy keep on bringing your post my way along with gcfan2... GCF and I'll continue telling you how childish you are....and how you are tarnishing your teams accomplishments that has just completed their season undefeated with a GOLD BALL.

Since you all have broken the ice why don't you and gcfan2-GCF get your plus memberships and let me know how you really feel, b/c it seems that you are more concerned with what I am saying about you than your team winning.

Could not have said it better myself. Talking about sore losers. Rockin chair they do make medicine for that!! This thread has gotten out of control. All I know is it has been since 1992 since any AA team went undefeated....like 35-0. Pretty impressive for girls AA basketball in this state. Great job Gibson County and please take what a lot of the posters from 7AA with a grain of salt. How bout this for some more facts..... Gibson County through a 10 game tournament stretch beat their opponents by an average margin of 20 POINTS or more! That's pretty impressive. What a great accomplishment. Know doubt Gibson County was probably one of the best if not THE BEST team in the entire state in all classifications in 2008-2009 /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

It's already been said that LA girls wasn't even supposed to make the tournament much less have a chance to win it. And they came so close. So there throws your sore loser theory out the window with all the other crap you people have been posting.

They make medicine for almost anything gcfan2 exactly what are you talking about ? Are you talking about sore loser medicine ? I look at that this way "show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser". You know it takes as much to be a good winner something some of you need to learn. And some of you need to take a 'chill pill' or something before you stroke out. Not me.

I agree this thread has gotten a little out of hand. Why? Let me guess. I believe that just about every LA fan has come on here and gave your team their props, but you people are apparently wanting us to bow down and kiss your feet. LOL I think you can forget about that. NOT GONNA HAPPEN. I mean you can beat us but you can't make us like it.

That is quite the accomplishment for your team to go undefeated and you have all the reasons in the world to be proud. But no one has said a thing about the teams you played after our game. They may have before the game and I was probably the biggest duck in the puddle. But it was just fans talking smack.

And you continuously brag about beating people by 20+ points. Heck I don't care if we win by 1 as long as we win. Probably not good for the heart but sure does make it exciting. You people don't want to win , you want to beat a team to death. You know the old saying 'what comes around goes around' so in the future I'm sure you'll get a dose of your own medicine. Hopefully.

As far as Gibson Co. probably being the best team in the state in all classifications....I wouldn't know b/c there's no way to say unless you played the best teams throughout the year like we did. /blush.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

So if you think you are the best, then we must be #2 b/c I didn't see GC being much if any better than us.

Enjoy your GOLD BALL........your team earned it.