Knoxville Bearden (35-2) vs Clarksville NE (26-6)

Icy

I have to agree with one thing you mention about feeling for the players. That coach subs like he has no faith in none of his players. One good thing came out of his coaching style...A LOSS! But he will have plenty of time to think about it on that long haul back to the mountains...if his players don't hurt him on the way back! I was going to pounce on your last comment but I will stay true to my roots and let it come out on the court before I make my move! Silent but deadly! GO EAGLES

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes alderson is there leadin scorer and he only had 5. But brown stepped up.

Yes, Alderson only had 5 points but he found other ways to contribute to the win...how about 9 rebounds and 7 assists. Those 5 points he had kept his team within striking distance in the first half...that's all that matters! And besides, Alderson was under the weather a bit and if you were at the game you would have noticed that!They have such a balanced attack and they have been consistent in this manner all year long. When one is down, the other picks up the torch and drives on. None of the Norheast players are selfish to point in which they would cause the team to lose. If you can't score, give me the ball is there attitude. GO EAGLES!

As I stated on another thread, it appeared that the indians were running the reservation at BHS, and to me that is what seems to be what got them beat. Sure Blevins subbed the way he wanted to and it probably cost him a gold ball, but I'm not sure he really wanted to win one that badly with those kids. They have the worst attitudes I have ever seen on a basketball court. His only control at this point was playing time, so I guess in the end he really had the last laugh. Congratulations Mark, you are chief of your reservation once again.

Lots of size, and while watching you're waiting on them to just dominate..that's all. Im not taking any shots at either team just giving my observations while sitting at the games

Having seen Mphs Craigmont play, I now have a very good feel & "visual" of Bearden.... Thanks, Terop.

ok lets see if i can keep my streak alive ive predicted em right for 5 games ill make this 6...

ill make another bold statement Bearden by atleast 17...

White Station and RE are the only ones that have a chance.

I dont care how big Clarksville is they wont match up athletically with this team this Bearden team is way too good for them... what many dont understand these 6'6 6'7 guys for bearden arent post players they play like gaurds they can shoot and play down low and they are quick and can put there arm pits in the rim. so please put the post players on Bearden then Clarksville will get killed there best matchup on them is a gaurd a tall gaurd that can move and jump. If not it will be a very very long game.

No offense to Clarksville, just you dont understand this team they only have one true post player the rest are big gaurds.

Scottie Hopson would be a perfect comparison to these bearden players same size and they play just like him... except just not as good as scottie lol

Your "streak" ended /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

The city of Clarksville has had teams in the last 3 AAA state tournaments. Clarksville High lost in the finals in 2 OT two years ago and Champion Ridgeway escaped Clarksville High with a 1 point win in the quarters last year. This NE team kept fighting and made a great comeback as well. Go Eagles.

Great post. We don't need to brag and boast about the goings on in Middle Tennessee. The play on the court shuts them all up. I just hope that Ticket fellow bought a refundable ticket so he won't get charged an arm and a leg to get back to the mountain because it's over early for him and his Bearden team! GO EAGLES...silent but deadly!

The city of Clarksville has had teams in the last 3 AAA state tournaments. Clarksville High lost in the finals in 2 OT two years ago and Champion Ridgeway escaped Clarksville High with a 1 point win in the quarters last year. This NE team kept fighting and made a great comeback as well. Go Eagles.

Clarksville has always had some great ballers but has never procured a State Championship. It is amazing that the Clarksville High team with Shawn Marion and Trenton Hassel (both NBA players now) couldn't do it. I believe Clarksville Northwest was also in the State Tournament that year as they had Marques Maybin who became Louisville's PG.

Congrats to Clarksville! I didn't see the game, but listened to it. Not to take anything away from Clarksville, but it looks like the Bearden coaches' junior pro substitution patterns caught up with him. I still don't understand why you wouldn't want your best 5 out on the court for most of the game. Good luck to Clarksville!

ok lets see if i can keep my streak alive ive predicted em right for 5 games ill make this 6...

ill make another bold statement Bearden by atleast 17...

White Station and RE are the only ones that have a chance.

I dont care how big Clarksville is they wont match up athletically with this team this Bearden team is way too good for them... what many dont understand these 6'6 6'7 guys for bearden arent post players they play like gaurds they can shoot and play down low and they are quick and can put there arm pits in the rim. so please put the post players on Bearden then Clarksville will get killed there best matchup on them is a gaurd a tall gaurd that can move and jump. If not it will be a very very long game.

No offense to Clarksville, just you dont understand this team they only have one true post player the rest are big gaurds.

Scottie Hopson would be a perfect comparison to these bearden players same size and they play just like him... except just not as good as scottie lol

Please change your screenname to Badminton2223 because your predictions let us all know you have no clue about basketball. Bearden played three worthy opponents this year out of 38 games......and lost all three! Bearden by 17, you need to put that pipe down because it stunts your growth and tends to keep one from thinking rationally as in your case! GO EAGLES...silent but deadly!