State Tournament Pairing Solution

FirestoneTigers

i think TSSAA should copy the way the NBA playoffs are set up. seed the four teams in the West and let them play out and do the same in the east...

#1 West vs.

#4 West

#2 West vs.

#3 West

let that play out and do the same in the east. that way the team that wins the western bracket plays the team that wins the eastern bracket in the championship. i know people are gonna say that the west will be a tougher bracket to get through but not necessarily the case every year. to me this seems the most reasonable way to decide on one true champion.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think TSSAA should copy the way the NBA playoffs are set up. seed the four teams in the West and let them play out and do the same in the east...

#1 West vs.

#4 West

#2 West vs.

#3 West

let that play out and do the same in the east. that way the team that wins the western bracket plays the team that wins the eastern bracket in the championship. i know people are gonna say that the west will be a tougher bracket to get through but not necessarily the case every year. to me this seems the most reasonable way to decide on one true champion.

Ican agree with that. I just don't think a five year old pulling a ticket should determine the brackets.

Just like officiating.... The guy is coming up with excuses so when he gets beat in the first round... Atleast right now it's not the officials fault but Hey the day just started!

Excuses...I am saying it is wrong that BOTH top teams have to play each other in the first round. Who am I making excuses for? I just feel like the best teams should have the opportunity to play more than one game whether that team is Humboldt or Manassas. The winner from Humboldt and Manassas will win the gold ball. Beleive that. But the looser won't even have a chance for a silver ball while a weaker east team that either Humboldt ot Manassas can blow out any day of the week will get that chance...

Life isn't fair and people need to stop complaining. Do Humbolt and Manasas have good teams? Of course. Do Grace and Temple have good teams? Yes they do. Two years ago Humbolt was supposed to win it all and Grace eliminated them. Stop talking about who is stronger and let what happens happen. Until games are played you cannot say one team is better until they actually play eachother. I know some records are better but sometimes a team has an off night. That doesn't mean they are weaker than a team with a better record. There are always going to be "better" solutions that people can come up with on who should play who but right now they use the blind draw process . If a team is good enough to be state champs then they will do it no matter who they play first. Don't give me this stuff on them being kids and they deserve to play longer cuz that is life. They need to learn how to handle what is dealt in front of them at that moment instead of what they feel they deserve. That is how life is and these boys need to learn what life is about and face it like men. That's what building men is about, facing adversity and dealing with what is dealt in front of us. The fact is SIX great teams have earned a chance to play in the state championship. SIX schools have had a long hard battle to get where they are, not just Humbolt and Manasas. So if either of these two schools should be the state champion they will do so by winning three games this week. Good luck to all teams!!!

Life isn't fair and people need to stop complaining. Do Humbolt and Manasas have good teams? Of course. Do Grace and Temple have good teams? Yes they do. Two years ago Humbolt was supposed to win it all and Grace eliminated them. Stop talking about who is stronger and let what happens happen. Until games are played you cannot say one team is better until they actually play eachother. I know some records are better but sometimes a team has an off night. That doesn't mean they are weaker than a team with a better record. There are always going to be "better" solutions that people can come up with on who should play who but right now they use the blind draw process . If a team is good enough to be state champs then they will do it no matter who they play first. Don't give me this stuff on them being kids and they deserve to play longer cuz that is life. They need to learn how to handle what is dealt in front of them at that moment instead of what they feel they deserve. That is how life is and these boys need to learn what life is about and face it like men. That's what building men is about, facing adversity and dealing with what is dealt in front of us. The fact is SIX great teams have earned a chance to play in the state championship. SIX schools have had a long hard battle to get where they are, not just Humbolt and Manasas. So if either of these two schools should be the state champion they will do so by winning three games this week. Good luck to all teams!!!

Amen brother preach on!!! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Funny you put it like that. I talked to a player this weekend and he said "We know what we have to do, and that's what we plan to do. It doesn't matter who we play"

Funny you put it like that. I talked to a player this weekend and he said "We know what we have to do, and that's what we plan to do. It doesn't matter who we play"

Exactly! I'm not saying the way they do it is perfect but it is what it is for now. That attitude is how the players should handle it it will make them better players and people.

two years ago i played in the state tournement and i didn't care who we played as a player when you get there you know that every team has the chance to win no matter how week the teams they played are because they made it there for a reason last year in the ncaa davidson wasn't spose to go that far every year teams get upset in the ncaa tournement so it dosen't matter who you play you go out and play ball like your team has done all year the players know what they have to do and believe me seeds won't help there will still be upsets high school players play for the love of the game not because they get paid so they just want to play.

Here may be a fair way.

First of all, start with the round of 64 (aka the first round of the region tourneys), then just play on with single elimination.

When you get to the region finals, the winner will face the winner of the corresponding sectional region (i.e. the winner of Region 1 will play the winner of Region 2).

Then just play out the rest of the brackets, with the section winners facing off (such as the region 1/region 2 winner playing the region 3/region 4 winner) and the winners of these get to play for the state championship- each area's best team will be represented in the state championship. And along the way, any problems such as Manassas-Humboldt will be solved before the state championship, so that the best teams from the west and east (or middle) will play.

It's kind of like the football brackets, only twice as large.

Here may be a fair way.

First of all, start with the round of 64 (aka the first round of the region tourneys), then just play on with single elimination.

When you get to the region finals, the winner will face the winner of the corresponding sectional region (i.e. the winner of Region 1 will play the winner of Region 2).

Then just play out the rest of the brackets, with the section winners facing off (such as the region 1/region 2 winner playing the region 3/region 4 winner) and the winners of these get to play for the state championship- each area's best team will be represented in the state championship. And along the way, any problems such as Manassas-Humboldt will be solved before the state championship, so that the best teams from the west and east (or middle) will play.

It's kind of like the football brackets, only twice as large.

What happens when your top two teams in the state are from the same district....A few years ago I remember Collinwood and Wayne Co. played for the title in girls basketball. This would eliminate one of them from the get go.