Admission Prices

66in74

Went to a High School baseball game the other day and took my son and wife. Cost me $15 bucks to get in.

($5 each)

I was talking with some parents and they were having to decide which parent attended and whether the other siblings could go.

For example: Talked with one family who had Mom/Dad/ and 2 siblings. At 3 games a week it was costing them $60 per week.

What is everyone charging to watch high school baseball?

Just curious?

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to a High School baseball game the other day and took my son and wife. Cost me $15 bucks to get in.

($5 each)

I was talking with some parents and they were having to decide which parent attended and whether the other siblings could go.

For example: Talked with one family who had Mom/Dad/ and 2 siblings. At 3 games a week it was costing them $60 per week.

Just curious?

$5.00 is about the norm. Several schools in our area have raised the admission fee for all sports.

($5 each)

Just curious?

First home game of the season was $5 per.

120 people were at the event. It didnt seem like a big deal.

Some people are going to complain no matter what.

Bad facility, bad food, no bathrooms bla bla bla.

The schools do not pay for umpires, busses or maintenance

and up keep but you know that already. Thank goodness for all the great booster clubs that help

with as much as they can.

Football games last year were $6 and I didnt see much improvement

at my schools facility. You would think with crowds that large they would charge less.

and up keep but you know that already. Thank goodness for all the great booster clubs that help

at my schools facility. You would think with crowds that large they would charge less.

Overton charges $4 with good food, good bathrooms, good field, good parking, good music, and good baseball.

Hang on there 3b21..........I'm just asking a question. Sorry if I hit a nerve. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

By the "schools" comment I assume you mean "school system"?

Boosters in most all sports do a great job! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Football games are $6. A family of four going to 10 football games will pay $240 for the season.

A family of four going to 32 baseball games will pay $640 for the season.

With 3x's more baseball games per year you would think they would charge less. /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

And don't even try to compare equiping a baseball team to a football team from a cost standpoint.

1 (that's right 1) football helmet cost as much as 3 dozen baseballs and there are five officials to pay for each game in football not 2 and they are paid more per game!

PS: You might not see it as a big deal, but I have talked with several families who are having to decide who all in the family get to go to see their student-athlete play /ohmy.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

At Riverdale we sell season passes for $10 that gets you into every non-tournament game.

You got a website?

I might buy season tickets and come to Riverdale to watch HS baseball. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Over in that area 1-2x per week anyway.