Alcoa's 2009 Schedule

BCsportsfan

Part of the problem is the new District alignments.

Some Districts only have 5 teams, meaning they have to come up with 6 games outside their District.

I think Alcoa lost one District game due to the new Districts?

Yes, that is correct. Alcoa's district only has 5 teams. They always play Maryville as an out of district game so, with the new alignments Alcoa will need to find 5 games each season. That's tough to do.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if you can say scared or not, but a lot of them had their schedules filled way before this came up. Might be some of bad timing. Good luck on finding another game. Its awful late and so many have their dance cards filled.

WRONG!

How soon we forget.....

ALCOA v. Open date, WB and Heritage decline offer to play (again)

Clicked on the link above to take a short break from my taxes....

that short break was good for about 2 hours.

Thanks for coming to Spring Hill to play in 07, even if it was just for half a game. When I saw Spring Hill's schedule for that year I thought it was a misprint due to travel time on your end.

Hope you can resolve the problem on being a game short, and also playing closer to home. I don't know how you (team) could afford to travel these distances very often. Here in Maury County there isn't enough funds to do anything for the schools.

I might even make a trip over your way if there was a Thursday - Friday night game.

Good luck,

Dean Johnson

atwsportscast.com

I know that one of the teams that we called is actually playing another school twice....Coach said it is not fair to the kids and I say it is not fair to our bottom line to play a 9 game schedule. The only schools that we would play down to (S Pitt and Trousdale) already have 10 games. No one in the East wants any of the F5 so No. Carolina or Georgia may be on the horizon. The BIG thing that jumps out at me is that the games that we picked up for this year (McMinn, Fulton and Bell Co.) are all on the road. Wonder if any will try to get out of their contract for 2010 when it is time to come to A-town.....(Bell Co)

Fulton wont try to get out of contract after 2009 .. they have already played a home and home with Alcoa 3 years back and would have continued had Rankin not canceled after Fulton won at Alcoa in 2006. We may get embaressed again like we dod in 2005 but I think it will better game at Fulton this year .. we wont have a freshman QB throwing the ball to another marron jersey all night long hopefully. That was a darn good Alcoa team in 2005 ... but hey when has Aloca not had a darn good football team .. we at Fulton would much rather play some good competition that some awful ones ... we have played some good schools in past non region like Tyner, Boyd Buchanon, Mo East , Oak Ridge and yes Alcoa ...

• 2 weeks later...

Too bad Willy B or Heritage won't step up and get whooped, but I guess there's no upside to gettin an annual beat-down from a school less than half their size. It's a shame they ruined the whole Blount County rivalry though, only upside is we get to see opponents of a higher caliber. Fulton, Bell, etc. Hopefully some other schools will step up to the plate, I hate seein us get cheated out of an extra game because no one wants to play the best. I think we got em scared...

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> amen brother

• 2 months later...

It's Done!!! It's Done!!! It's Done!!!!!!

But we will still have to travel 90 miles......

And why did we have to get it from a Chattnooga paper??

Howard schedules Alcoa

Fri Aug. 21 at Bell Co. (KY)

Fri Aug. 28 Maryville

Fri Sep. 4 at Loudon D

Thu Sep. 10 at Fulton MyVLT2 TV Game

Fri Sep. 18 Scott County D

Fri Sep. 25 at Howard

Fri Oct. 2 at Kingston D

Fri Oct. 16 Stone Memorial D

Fri Oct. 23 McMinn Central

Fri Oct. 30 at CAK D

It's Done!!! It's Done!!! It's Done!!!!!!

But we will still have to travel 90 miles......

And why did we have to get it from a Chattnooga paper??Howard schedules Alcoa

Fri Aug. 21 at Bell Co. (KY)

Fri Aug. 28 Maryville

Fri Sep. 4 at Loudon D

Thu Sep. 10 at Fulton MyVLT2 TV Game

Fri Sep. 18 Scott County D

Fri Sep. 25 at Howard

Fri Oct. 2 at Kingston D

Fri Oct. 16 Stone Memorial D

Fri Oct. 23 McMinn Central

Fri Oct. 30 at CAK D

...It's not a bad trip from Alcoa to Howard...it will be packed that night(Tyner's Open date)...Stephen Hargis(the sports reporter) is an excellent writer and when it was final Howard's coach probably called him immediately...I wouldn't be surprised to see standing room only( all of the 3A schools will be there to see Alcoa)...I am thinking that the Tornado fans will be represented well!!!

Howard is an excellent environment to go watch a football game. Alcoa is going to have to show up to play. Scheduling this game is a major plus because Howard's athletes would be a good measuring stick to possible postseason opponents like Austin East or even Pearl Cohn.

I went to Howard and watched them play Sycamore last year in the opening round of the playoffs. I am not sure of what they return but last year they had a quarterback who could throw the ball and a lot of fast athletic receivers. Now you watch me say that and this year they will be in the smokestack I running off tackle every single play.

...It's not a bad trip from Alcoa to Howard...it will be packed that night(Tyner's Open date)...Stephen Hargis(the sports reporter) is an excellent writer and when it was final Howard's coach probably called him immediately...I wouldn't be surprised to see standing room only( all of the 3A schools will be there to see Alcoa)...I am thinking that the Tornado fans will be represented well!!!

This would be a good game to move to Finley Stadium! /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />