Bearden Tournament

NedNatterjack

Looks like another wet one today. I believe most of the rain should push out of the Knoxville area by late morning, but the fields are going to be sloppy. Are any of the games getting moved to different venues?

I know the Maryville / Gallatin game is going to be played at Maryville College at 1:00. The MC field is holding up nicely. There are a few puddles here and there, but the grass is fine. I haven't seen the field at Bearden yet. How is it holding up? Anything like last year?

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

soccerstud, let me clarify for you... A bunch of people have been talking about this team now for a couple of years. These guys have played together for a while, and if they are going to win, it would be this year. I never said they would win the state championship. I said that IF they were going to win state, then they must have a good showing in this tournament. A good showing means that they would beat CAK, Farragut, and Catholic. Obviously, this didn't happen.

Sorry for the confusion. Best of luck.

Well, I am not trying to create an enemy so forgive me , but what you really said Netterjack , was that alot of people were saying and thinking this Mo West is going to win the state championship......As I said previously, only the Mo West people were saying that. Well, unless they improve greatly the results will be the same in playoffs.

CAK should have beaten them and on a good field would have. But let me go back, the season is young alot of soccer to play. As ususal AAA and A/AA will have to go thru Knoxville to win anything.

Well, I am not trying to create an enemy so forgive me , but what you really said Netterjack , was that alot of people were saying and thinking this Mo West is going to win the state championship......As I said previously, only the Mo West people were saying that. Well, unless they improve greatly the results will be the same in playoffs.

CAK should have beaten them and on a good field would have. But let me go back, the season is young alot of soccer to play. As ususal AAA and A/AA will have to go thru Knoxville to win anything.

For the record, I don't think it was the Morristown West team that was talking. Maybe some fans, but I know that team pretty well, and I don't think they would talk themselves up.

As you said, though, there is still a lot of season.

the score was 1 to 1 with hendersonville scoring first and bearden scored 1 min in the second half

Hendersonville 1

Bearden 1

I was able to catch this game and the field was a mess but seemed in better shape than last year. It had standing puddles throughout which made it difficult for runs, ball would simply stop in water. I thought both teams looked good under these conditions but would have to give the edge to Hendersonville. They seem to be on the offensive more than not with more shots on goal. Although, Bearden's goal came in the first few minutes of the second half and made it look easy. I thought they were going to turn it on but the Hendersonville defense stepped it up all game. A lot of sliding, pushing and pulling but all in all a decent game to see, with the exception of the rain. I suspect Hendersonville has had injuries this year based on their record coming in but they looked pretty good. Bearden lived up to their record and played a tough game as well.

Trevor Grieco is a beast...enough said

Glad to see Farragut is performing well these days. I heard that they didnt have a true goal scoring striker this year, but i knew Grieco would pull through and be a leader. I see Grieco netting 25+ this year

Any idea what the record is at Farragut for goals scored? and who has it?

Farragut 5

Notre Dame 1

according to Eurosport

Any idea what the record is at Farragut for goals scored? and who has it?

Farragut 5

Notre Dame 1

according to Eurosport

I would assume that Aaron Doyle holds the record somewhere over 30 goals when he earned All American honors his senior year. I do know that Ben Backstrom and Jake Russell had 21 and 23 goals respectively their senior year.