Bearden Tournament

NedNatterjack

CAK 2

Hendersonville 0

Sloppy field. Again, a lot of cards. With it being so wet, there are going to be a lot of slides, but the refs still threw a lot of yellows.

Hendersonville came out ready to play. They closed on the ball very well. I don't think either team could develop much organized offense because of the water. They outshot us (by my count) 8-5. They also had more corner kicks than us, as well, but didn't get a lot on frame.

We scored in the first half off of a rebound on a direct. Jake Ragland kept it low, and Christo Pifer finished the rebound.

Hendersonville pressed hard in the second half. They did a good job on catching us off sides. I was impressed with #5 and his defensive positioning. Ben Holt scored a break away goal with about 2 minutes left to make it 2-0.

All I can say, is that I am ready for a dry field! Hopefully, our field will recover for our big game with Loudon on Wednesday!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houston Bearden score?

Houston - 0

Bearden - 3

The field was terrible. It was hard to pass and hard to dribble. Frustrating to watch and I can't imagine how frustrating it must be to play. We'll see tomorrow.

It looks like we'll have some sun and wind tomorrow. Maybe it will dry the fields up so we can play on a dry surface, for once.

CAK 2

Hendersonville 0

Sloppy field. Again, a lot of cards. With it being so wet, there are going to be a lot of slides, but the refs still threw a lot of yellows.

Hendersonville came out ready to play. They closed on the ball very well. I don't think either team could develop much organized offense because of the water. They outshot us (by my count) 8-5. They also had more corner kicks than us, as well, but didn't get a lot on frame.

We scored in the first half off of a rebound on a direct. Jake Ragland kept it low, and Christo Pifer finished the rebound.

Hendersonville pressed hard in the second half. They did a good job on catching us off sides. I was impressed with #5 and his defensive positioning. Ben Holt scored a break away goal with about 2 minutes left to make it 2-0.

All I can say, is that I am ready for a dry field! Hopefully, our field will recover for our big game with Loudon on Wednesday!

what impressed, or better yet appalled, me most about #5 was his attempted shoe string tackle

Hey "On The Pitch", i don't believe anyone on here said that Mo West was going to win state...like you said, Ned said that he thinks many people think Mo West will win state...I am not one of them. I believe they definitely have a shot at it, but I did not say they were championship bound. I see that you are going to be at the Buddy's Bar-b-q by Bearden....so im guessing you are from or a fan of Bearden. Sorry if you took offense...maybe Bearden will win another title this year...its been a few years. I am not expecting them to win state....but I would be glad if they did because they were teammates of mine. In all honesty, I think Bearden has a good chance at winning state this year, but then again I haven't gotten to see farragut and Catholic play and a few other teams. By the way, if Mo West does beat those teams, i expect to have some free Bar-b-q. Me, you, and "ihavenofriendz" will have a feast. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Hey Rusty Baxter

How is Berean's season going thus far?

Maryville-3

Houston-1

Field conditions at Maryville College are still pretty good, with the exception of the far corner. Maryville out-possessed Houston and controlled the game. Houston scored their goal off a PK in the final minutes of the game on a questionable call but that is as far as I will go with that. Houston is not a bad team, but they appear to be young like us. Tough weekend for them, but we can certainly relate to that. We took a beating last weekend. Good luck to them the rest of the way and we wish them a safe trip home.