Greatest Teams in Class A of ALL TIME

Vandychris

With the recent state champion Manassas crowned, lets start the debate of the greatest teams of all time in Class A. I will throw out some teams that come to mind for me and you all can add your own or lament on what I think.

BGA of 91-92 and 92-93

Goodpature of 92-93 even though they didn't win state, they did beat BGA by 10-15 in region finals

Perry County of 94-95 and 95-96

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the recent state champion Manassas crowned, lets start the debate of the greatest teams of all time in Class A. I will throw out some teams that come to mind for me and you all can add your own or lament on what I think.

BGA of 91-92 and 92-93

Goodpature of 92-93 even though they didn't win state, they did beat BGA by 10-15 in region finals

Vandy i told you to go back to Iowa because there is a lot you dont know. One thing! Time did not start in the 90's remember that. You said the greatest of all time.

MTiger, I notice that you must agree with me as you did not list the team you think is the greatest of all time. Feel free to do so instead of blasting on me. State your opinion about the question asked and leave it to that or please do not reply. For your information, I spent 18 years in Summertown beginning in 1990, so I have seen many teams and of those that I saw, those were by far the best or at least the ones that stick out in my opinion. Would really love to see your beloved Manassas match up with those that I have mentioned.

MTiger, I notice that you must agree with me as you did not list the team you think is the greatest of all time. Feel free to do so instead of blasting on me. State your opinion about the question asked and leave it to that or please do not reply. For your information, I spent 18 years in Summertown beginning in 1990, so I have seen many teams and of those that I saw, those were by far the best or at least the ones that stick out in my opinion. Would really love to see your beloved Manassas match up with those that I have mentioned.

You must were born i the 90's because you had teams play in the 70's and 80's what about those teams?

You must were born i the 90's because you had teams play in the 70's and 80's what about those teams?

Ok, for your information, I was born in 1968. I have seen many great teams . You may remember one of them being the Palmer, Iowa Panthers form 1986-87. School only had 15 boys in the entire high school and went on to win well over 100 games in a row and were featured on the Today show during the Iowa state tourney in 1987. I watched Cedrick Wallace play at Lawrence County High School for 4 years. I have seen many great players and many great teams over my lifetime. I moved to Summertown in 1990 as I stated in my earlier post and stayed there for 18 years. I wasn't in Tennessee during the 70's and 80's, therefore I wouldn't know of those teams except for the Wayne County teams that I was told about or the Perry County teams with the Rhodes boys. I didn't have the privelage of seeing them, so I can not comment on them. Please feel free to list the team you feel is the all-time best in Class A.

Ok, for your information, I was born in 1968. I have seen many great teams . You may remember one of them being the Palmer, Iowa Panthers form 1986-87. School only had 15 boys in the entire high school and went on to win well over 100 games in a row and were featured on the Today show during the Iowa state tourney in 1987. I watched Cedrick Wallace play at Lawrence County High School for 4 years. I have seen many great players and many great teams over my lifetime. I moved to Summertown in 1990 as I stated in my earlier post and stayed there for 18 years. I wasn't in Tennessee during the 70's and 80's, therefore I wouldn't know of those teams except for the Wayne County teams that I was told about or the Perry County teams with the Rhodes boys. I didn't have the privelage of seeing them, so I can not comment on them. Please feel free to list the team you feel is the all-time best in Class A.

Ok may now this will close your mouth. First of all nobody said that Manassas was the best every in 1A.

This was the best and go and check.

Bolton (6) 1975,1978,1979,1981,1985 1989 they move up to 2A

See now that was the purpose for my topic. I hadn't heard of the Bolton teams. Sportsfan07--you reminded me of another great team in Ezell-Harding. Had Julian Terrell who played 4 yrs at Vandy. I had the privelage of watching the Perry County teams of the 90's and can tell you they were talented and raw. MTiger, correct me if I am wrong, but didn't Chirs Jones go on to play at Memphis while Haston went to Indiana? They would drop 90 any night--they were highly unchallenged in the district as really the only team that could compete with them at that time was Summertown, but even that was a walk in the park for them.

BGA of 91-92 and 92-93

This is very, very easy:

The Wildcats from BOLTON HIGH SCHOOL -- during the 1970's and early 80's (Coach Joe Branch, I believe) !!!!

Bolton High school absolutely OWNED and DOMINATED the Small school division (Class A) AND, also routinely defeated the best BIG (AAA) schools that Memphis had to offer!

End of the Debate!

---------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, folks--its the same (now AAA) Bolton High School, located in Arlington (Eads?) TN....for all you CoachT posters who might be too young, or simply ignorant of Bolton's stellar Basketball history!!

Bolton had so many dominant teams and won so many State Championships, that I can't even remember which was best, or how many Titles it was.... Perhaps, some of the older, old-timers on this board might remember.

I'll try to throw out some key players, that I can recall....Otis Jackson, James Wiggins, Cecil Dowell, John Gales, Sylvester Gray....(the list goes on and on)

---------------------------------------------------------

Bolton High School was synonymous with State Championships and dominance.

BGA of 91-92 and 92-93

East Robertson 1987 team was 36-1 losing only to University Hgts out of Hopkinsville, KY. Had Mr Basketball as a senior( Fitz Jones) and Carlus Groves was a Soph and he was Mr Basketball his Sr year. Also the 1988 team went 37-2