Dyer County's Head Coach Resigns

N2Choctaws

It is done, my source has confirmed.

I don't have to eat crow as my previous post was spot on.

He asked me not to name names so literally below I will not, maybe the hints will give it away.

The one I REALLY didn't want them to hire they didn't so I guess I am happy because he woulda probably been a lifer due to the fact of having the program like he had wanted it in the past and just bluntly put is a more experienced and proven girls coach

But... can't say I'm overjoyed because the one they did hire is good too and it'll cost our program more money because now we have to erect a brick wall around the perimeter of Dyersburg city limits.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't wait for the first Coffman/McCord battle....I guarantee this, Coffman won't let McCord steal any girls from Dyersburg without a "all holds bar brawl"

Might ought to check D-burg's boys coach for "stealing" players /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflolk.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflolk:" border="0" alt="roflolk.gif" />

We know if DC girls basketball team starts getting in these "transfers" something will be getting REALLLLLLY fishy in Choctaw land!

I honestly think they'll do alot better in AAA basketball than they did in AA basketball despite the long hauls they'll have to make! AA basketball in West TN is normally stronger than AAA in West TN. Therefor, DC should succeed until they play a Region tournament or sub-state game in Memphis against a team like Memphis Central, Bartlett, or Millington. I'm not exactly sure what Region they'll be in, but there are some very good AAA teams in Memphis.

It is done, my source has confirmed.

I don't have to eat crow as my previous post was spot on.

He asked me not to name names so literally below I will not, maybe the hints will give it away.

The one I REALLY didn't want them to hire they didn't so I guess I am happy because he woulda probably been a lifer due to the fact of having the program like he had wanted it in the past and just bluntly put is a more experienced and proven girls coach

But... can't say I'm overjoyed because the one they did hire is good too and it'll cost our program more money because now we have to erect a brick wall around the perimeter of Dyersburg city limits.

I wonder if he will go after the tougher teams in the state with his girl's team- -the way he did with the boys after he turned the boys program around (as was told by the State Gazette) or will he stay in AAA district and only play those teams?? Talk is that he would stay away from AA district teams. They say he is to smart for that. No more Gibson Co. Obion or Martin for DC girls. It is hard to believe since they have played them for so many years. Just wondering?? What you think?

I wonder if he will go after the tougher teams in the state with his girl's team- -the way he did with the boys after he turned the boys program around (as was told by the State Gazette) or will he stay in AAA district and only play those teams?? Talk is that he would stay away from AA district teams. They say he is to smart for that. No more Gibson Co. Obion or Martin for DC girls. It is hard to believe since they have played them for so many years. Just wondering?? What you think?

He had already said before he took over that he still wants to play the 13AA TEAMS b/c he thinks they will be AA in 4 years

He had already said before he took over that he still wants to play the 13AA TEAMS b/c he thinks they will be AA in 4 years

I figured if he was as good of a coach as everyone says he is that he would not steer away from 13AA teams. That will be the real test as to whether the new revamped program is working. As I said before, getting in the middle schools is a big step in the right direction. Something that no one was able to get done before. I heard, but don't know if it is true, that the Northview coach had never even played or coached basketball before and they knew that when they hired her for the job so DC is moving in the right direction. I do hate that she lost her teaching job tho especially if they knew she wasn't a coach. That was bad for her.

i didnt see this one coming. mccord will do a great job, he should have those girls pressing pretty quick.

i kinda wish they got someone else. i like mccord, but im not so sure about him as a girls coach too.

Rudesill at Bolivar manages to pull it off pretty well. The fact is howerver that as much film watching and studying of other teams as McCord does (which is part of what makes him so successfull.... always well prepared) he will only have so much time to do that now b/c he will have to be doing it for two teams (only so much time in a day). This means either some of the time and energy usually 100% directed towards the boys program must now be diverted. Secondly, I dont think that the girls will be doing much of the same types of things as the boys b/c they dont have the same athletes (maybe two - four) 1-10 to do the whole run and gun nonstop! All that being said, I've been wrong b/f and could very easily be wrong again.

Rudesill at Bolivar manages to pull it off pretty well. The fact is howerver that as much film watching and studying of other teams as McCord does (which is part of what makes him so successfull.... always well prepared) he will only have so much time to do that now b/c he will have to be doing it for two teams (only so much time in a day). This means either some of the time and energy usually 100% directed towards the boys program must now be diverted. Secondly, I dont think that the girls will be doing much of the same types of things as the boys b/c they dont have the same athletes (maybe two - four) 1-10 to do the whole run and gun nonstop! All that being said, I've been wrong b/f and could very easily be wrong again.

I agree with you..I was told if it looked like it would interfere with his boys team,that he would step down..So..I look for him to maybe coach this year wheras he should do pretty well..then after a bad season next year..maybe decide it is interfering but in reality..because he's losing...just not the same ..You're right..The boys team have the athletes..and more coming up..The girls team have the girls this coming year..and that's it..I heard from someone from Dyer Co this morning say that Coach McCord was going to play defense and be in the other team's face..He may can do it against some teams this coming year but after that ..unless there are some girls walking the hallway or some of the boys from the other counties that may have sisters..won't be able to do it because he won't have the talent..You just can't turn a mule into a stallion..Someone like Heathe rButler..T.T. Flowers will blow right by them..have Dyer Co holding them by the jerseys..I saw both the Three Oaks and Northview girls teams the past two years and neither team could get the ball down the floor against Lake Co..Lake Co won by 30 to 40 points and if they had played the starters ..could have won by 60 points..My niece started for the Northview team two years ago..The best player on either Three Oaks or Northview couldn't have made the starting team for Lake Co..I'd be willing to bet that Lake Co's first 7 players were better than any player on either odf those teamss..Hate to say that with my niece on those teams..but that's reality..They could get better but I just don't see the Dyer Co girls being competitive after next year for the next four or five years..Dyersburg had a much better middle school girls team the past two seasons than Dyer Coand I believe Lake Co beat them by close to 20 points the past two years in the regular season,although Dyersburg ddi play them closer and tougher in the tournament this past year..I also heard Dyer Co may be interested in seeing if Peggy McCain may be interested in returning to Dyer Co as an assistant coach..She's at Lake Co middle school now..That could be just a rumour though as I heard Beth Ann Pope was staying..

I agree with you..I was told if it looked like it would interfere with his boys team,that he would step down..So..I look for him to maybe coach this year wheras he should do pretty well..then after a bad season next year..maybe decide it is interfering but in reality..just not the same ..You're right..The boys team have the athletes..and more coming up..The girls team have the girls this coming year..and that's it..I heard from someone from Dyer Co this morning say that Coach McCord was going to play defense and be in the other team's face..He may can do it against some teams this coming year but after that ..unless there are some girls walking the hallway or some of the boys from the other counties that may have sisters..won't be able to do it because he won't have the talent..You just can't turn a mule into a stallion..Someone like Heathe rButler..T.T. Flowers will blow right by them..have Dyer Co holding them by the jerseys..I saw both the Three Oaks and Northview girls teams the past two years and neither team could get the ball down the floor against Lake Co..Lake Co won by 30 to 40 points and if they had played the starters ..could have won by 60 points..My niece started for the Northview team two years ago..The best player on either Three Oaks or Northview couldn't have made the starting team for Lake Co..I'd be willing to bet that Lake Co's first 7 players were better than any player on either odf those teamss..Hate to say that with my niece on those teams..but that's reality..They could get better but I just don't see the Dyer Co girls being competitive after next year for the next four or five years..Dyersburg had a much better middle school girls team the past two seasons than Dyer Coand I believe Lake Co beat them by close to 20 points the past two years in the regular season,although Dyersburg ddi play them closer and tougher in the tournament this past year..I also heard Dyer Co may be interested in seeing if Peggy McCain may be interested in returning to Dyer Co as an assistant coach..She's at Lake Co middle school now..That could be just a rumour though as I heard Beth Ann Pope was staying..

He was trying to pick Peggy up last weekend at the AAU tourney in Lake Co. But she said she would not come b/c she has got used to winning. She would be a great hire relates to kids well and is a great coach

He was trying to pick Peggy up last weekend at the AAU tourney in Lake Co. But she said she would not come b/c she has got used to winning. She would be a great hire relates to kids well and is a great coach

Buckle..Was the AAU tourney for middle school,high school or both?I really figured she might would take the job if it was offered simply because she is an assisant at Lake Co as well and figured the high school would pay more..Don't know if she lives in Lake Co now but her mom and dad lives in Newbern!