Dist. 11

Hindians13

If you think Camden could have beeten Marshall or Page then you are sadly mistaken Marshall was Number 8 in the state and page destroyed fairview.. Didn't Camden lose to fairview. they would have been in a fight for the 7 or 8 seed if they replaced Central

Fairview lost to Page in week zero... at the half, Fairview was leading 16-0 (or something close to it) and wound up losing 30-16... Page had a very good football team last year but Fairview blew that game... don't mistake Page's superior region for Fairview's lack of finishing their opponent. You were just comparing scores, weren't you?

Fairview was a much-improved football team that had obviously gotten on a roll leading up to their game with Camden...

The Lions have established an excellent football tradition in a very short period of time... did you even see them play last year?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The real outlook for 09...

Harpeth (GO TRIBE!!!!)

Creek Wood (can't wait to beat up on the birds)

Camden (lion king no more)

Cheatham (not even the best team in the county)

Waverly (its not the late 80s boys)

Stewart Co (last 2 years were luck)

Montgomery Central ( like i said, Montgomery Central)

You've got to be kidding me. You Harpeth people have been saying the last two years that you would dominate and you've come through with a pair of 4-6 seasons, including losing to 1-9 East Robertson. And I believe your DC isn't gonna be able to come back. So the bottom line on you guys is to stop Horkins. He's a big time player, but the rest are just average. Best hope is 6-4, but likely 3-7/4-6.

District Prediction

1. Camden - head and shoulders better than everyone else in this district.

2a. Creekwood - Now out of that awful Region with Giles/DL/Marshall, should shine. If not, For Sale signs may appear in coach's yard.

2b. Cheatham County - Was always the top of the leftovers after Giles/DL/Marshall. Probably the only one who can challenge Camden.

4. Waverly - I put them here because they do return some experience, but mostly because they are less bad than the rest of the district. Better coaching.

5. Harpeth - Horkins can win games by himself

6. Stewart County - the fairy tale is over. The well went dry.

7. Montgomery Central - really a disappointment to me. Lots of athletes and no results. However, if new coach has his stuff together, could go as high as third.

Camden would have beaten every team in the old region 5-3A except for Giles and Lipscomb. Have seen all of them play... they would have been 3rd without a doubt.

Camden couldn't have touched Marshall county either. They would be beat up in 5-3A. They lost to Fairview and i believe Page beat fairview early in the season. Camden might have battled for fourth but i ultimately see them in a 5, 6, or 7 spot if they were in that region. /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

You've got to be kidding me. You Harpeth people have been saying the last two years that you would dominate and you've come through with a pair of 4-6 seasons, including losing to 1-9 East Robertson. And I believe your DC isn't gonna be able to come back. So the bottom line on you guys is to stop Horkins. He's a big time player, but the rest are just average. Best hope is 6-4, but likely 3-7/4-6.

District Prediction

1. Camden - head and shoulders better than everyone else in this district.

2a. Creekwood - Now out of that awful Region with Giles/DL/Marshall, should shine. If not, For Sale signs may appear in coach's yard.

2b. Cheatham County - Was always the top of the leftovers after Giles/DL/Marshall. Probably the only one who can challenge Camden.

4. Waverly - I put them here because they do return some experience, but mostly because they are less bad than the rest of the district. Better coaching.

5. Harpeth - Horkins can win games by himself

6. Stewart County - the fairy tale is over. The well went dry.

7. Montgomery Central - really a disappointment to me. Lots of athletes and no results. However, if new coach has his stuff together, could go as high as third.

Like the predictions but i think the top three are are toss ups /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

The real outlook for 09...

Harpeth (GO TRIBE!!!!)

Creek Wood (can't wait to beat up on the birds)

Camden (lion king no more)

Cheatham (not even the best team in the county)

Waverly (its not the late 80s boys)

Stewart Co (last 2 years were luck)

Montgomery Central ( like i said, Montgomery Central)

Cheatham Co. was the best team in the county last year. The Cubs beat Sycamore 15-14 over at their place. They would have beaten Harpeth............NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! Until proven otherwise CHEATHAM COUNTY IS THE COUNTY'S ELITE TEAM! Maybe Harpeth will actually win a game in the county this year /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> It's only been since Week 1 of the 2002 season since that feat was accomplished by the Tribe /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

Hindians13 better go ask Loope why they haven't played Cheatham Co. the last 2 years and why they aren't playing Sycamore the next 2 years before he/she gets on here shooting off at the mouth /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Cheatham Co. is well coached and will smack you in the mouth. Finley's record there speaks for itself.

Camden is well coached and athletic. Ward's record speaks for itself.

Creek Wood is going to be physical and experienced. The idea of Jones rejoining Daniel's staff is positive. That duo had succes galore in 2005.

Waverly Central is well coached and going to return some experienced players. Graves has had some good success there.

Stewart Co. graduates a ton but Holiday's record there is very impressive. It will be interesting to see if they can rebuild and keep the success of the last 2 years going. Montgomery Central has the athletes and now they have hired Bragg (previously at Austin East) to try to teach their athletes how to win. They have a very easy non-district slate that has potential wins.

Harpeth has not made the playoffs since 2003 and has not won a playoff game since 2001. For anyone associated with their football program to talk smack is very comical /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Come on dude. You don't want me to start pulling up your homer threads do you on everything Cheatham? Baseball, basketball, Phil Carr's a God...... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I'm working on your Cheatham County Champs banner for the fence up there. Reckon the girls socccer team will mind? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Meh. You have to have a little self confidence to play this game. I don't mind swapping Lewis County, the old Hickman County and Fairview for this new region just like I didn't mind swapping Goodpasture, CPA and DCA for last year's region.

Everybody can crow all they want. This is a weak region by all accounts.

Cheatham Co. was the best team in the county last year. The Cubs beat Sycamore 15-14 over at their place. They would have beaten Harpeth............NO DOUBT ABOUT IT! Until proven otherwise CHEATHAM COUNTY IS THE COUNTY'S ELITE TEAM! Maybe Harpeth will actually win a game in the county this year /rolleyes.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> It's only been since Week 1 of the 2002 season since that feat was accomplished by the Tribe /thumb[1].gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":thumb:" border="0" alt="thumb[1].gif" />

How many times have they been "County Champs" since all 3 schools played each other? Maybe 2? You can't count last year either because Harpeth and Cheatham did not play and don't go there with the ole "we beat and they beat" crap either... You sound like you are back in middle school.

Cheatham ain't great and never has been. Don't think they are just because your brother coaches there and you call the games on the radio.

I agree, ksgovols, this is a weak region.

How many times have they been "County Champs" since all 3 schools played each other? Maybe 2? You can't count last year either because Harpeth and Cheatham did not play and don't go there with the ole "we beat and they beat" crap either... You sound like you are back in middle school.

Cheatham ain't great and never has been. Don't think they are just because your brother coaches there and you call the games on the radio.

I agree, ksgovols, this is a weak region.

Do you know why Cheatham Co. played Gordonsville each of the last 2 years instead of Harpeth? It was for the exact same reason that Harpeth is now not playing Sycamore. If you refuse to play a team so close it is because you are scared to schedule that team PLAIN & SIMPLE! If that hurts your little feelings then I am truly sorry Ditka.

Cheatham Co. has been to the playoffs more times in the last 7 years than a lot of teams. Does that make them great? No it doesn't. It does however mean that they are a pretty darn good football program in that period of time. I'll take 44-34 in a 7 year stretch anyday compared to some teams records in that same period.

Get off of your high horse and quit bashing on Cheatham Co. football all the time.

Had Harpeth played Cheatham Co. last year then they would have lost. Their best opportunity to beat Cheatham Co. in football would have came in week 1 of the 2007 season. Isn't it funny that was the same year that Harpeth dropped the Cheatham Co. game.

The fact is that from 1999-2002 Harpeth loved playing Cheatham Co. That was when Harpeth was LOADED and at the same time Cheatham Co. was being gutted due to the emergence of Sycamore. When Cheatham Co. got good and started pounding Harpeth from 2003-2006 that was when Harpeth said "ENOUGH!" and stopped playing the Cubs.

If you can't state that as being fact then you are in serious denial.........DITKA /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey DITKA........................

You must be a big Sycamore fan since you cared so much as to find out what their schedule for the upcoming season is /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

If that's the case then you have no right to hate on Cheatham Co. or the district. You'll get your chance to play some of the teams from this district when you play Cheatham Co. & Creek Wood this year. Let's see how you fare and then we will talk /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Do you know why Cheatham Co. played Gordonsville each of the last 2 years instead of Harpeth? It was for the exact same reason that Harpeth is now not playing Sycamore. If you refuse to play a team so close it is because you are scared to schedule that team PLAIN & SIMPLE! If that hurts your little feelings then I am truly sorry Ditka.

Cheatham Co. has been to the playoffs more times in the last 7 years than a lot of teams. Does that make them great? No it doesn't. It does however mean that they are a pretty darn good football program in that period of time. I'll take 44-34 in a 7 year stretch anyday compared to some teams records in that same period.

Get off of your high horse and quit bashing on Cheatham Co. football all the time.

Had Harpeth played Cheatham Co. last year then they would have lost. Their best opportunity to beat Cheatham Co. in football would have came in week 1 of the 2007 season. Isn't it funny that was the same year that Harpeth dropped the Cheatham Co. game.

The fact is that from 1999-2002 Harpeth loved playing Cheatham Co. That was when Harpeth was LOADED and at the same time Cheatham Co. was being gutted due to the emergence of Sycamore. When Cheatham Co. got good and started pounding Harpeth from 2003-2006 that was when Harpeth said "ENOUGH!" and stopped playing the Cubs.

If you can't state that as being fact then you are in serious denial.........DITKA /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey DITKA........................

You must be a big Sycamore fan since you cared so much as to find out what their schedule for the upcoming season is /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

If that's the case then you have no right to hate on Cheatham Co. or the district. You'll get your chance to play some of the teams from this district when you play Cheatham Co. & Creek Wood this year. Let's see how you fare and then we will talk /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Cheatham was not your "mythical" county champs last year. To do so you must play all schools in your county. They did not. To show more of your ignorance, the coaches aren't scared. The problem comes from the administration at Harpeth, not the coaches. If you were aware of the true facts and not speaking out of your butt, you'd know, but you are too ignorant. I wish all county teams would play each other. Its good for the county, the communities, the kids, and the gate receipts to fund football programs. Go ask your brother how football is funded at Cheatham. Or better yet, ask the girls soccer team. /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

To say Cheatham would have beaten Harpeth is stupid and childish. Comparing scores from common opponets is stupid. By your measures Greenbrier would have beaten Sycamore if they hadn't played last year because Cheatham beat Sycamore and Greenbrier pounded your beloved cubbies. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Greenbrier physically beat down your beloved cubbies this past year? I was there and saw the beatdown. Cheatham wasn't ready and the coaches looked dumbfounded and lost...chalk it up to coaches fault. Kirk Williams outcoached Cheatham that night and Greenbrier whipped your beloved cubbies. I watched Sycamore beat Greenbrier last year too... I say all that to show that anything can happen on any given night, which you cant seem comprehend.

Sycamore fan? Yep. Cheatham fan? Yep. Harpeth fan? Yep. Greenbrier fan? Got family there too, so yep. UT fan? Yep. J Jackson fan? Nope.

There are many schools in TN with much better records than Cheatham. 44-34 is not much to brag about. That's a winning percentage like 55% or close. Which is good...especially for Cheatham County schools, but far from great...

To say Cheatham is the elite team in the county is stupid and childish too. Lets compare records and stats like you love to do. You say Cheatham is 44-34 in the last 7 years. Sycamore is 44-34 during the same span. Sycamore also leads the series against Cheatham during that span 4-3. Sycamore has been to the quarterfinals once during that time and Cheatham has never been there. EVER. There is nothing "elite" about cheatham football right now. If that hurts your little feelings then I am truly sorry howdoitknow..... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

And you speak of Creekwood??? Wasn't they like 1-9 last year and that 1 win was against 0-10 Montgomery Central??? I know, I know...Cheatham barely beat Creekwod so they must be GREAT!

Cheatham should do better in their new weaker region. I say they finish 2nd or 3rd. Best of luck to them.