WEEK 8 MATCHES

akula21

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the PK call was questionable. It seems to me that the kid kicked the back of our outside mids foot and let out a loud scream and dove that drew the attention of the ref as the final buzzer sounded. and the Ref decided to give them a pk with 1 second remaining. Not much you can do aboout that unfortunately.

A foul in the box is a foul in the box and the ref had a better view of it then anyone in the stands. The foul occurred before regulation time had expired and therefore it constitutes the call of PK even if there is no time left on the clock when the ref completes the PK. How about a little cheese with that "whine" of yours? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Cleveland is obviously not the #1 team in the state,(much less top 20 in the country)!

Good season even though the schedule is a bunch of cupcake teams.

IF they make it to the State Tourny, then it will be a successful season.

Thanks for coming to Knoxville and letting us know we are still the best !

I'm glad this is your first post.

You have no right to slam a team so disrespectfully. It's arrogant, it's rude, and it's not something we'll put up with on the boards.

These boards are about good discussion and decent banter. Not about abhorrent, impertinent, insolent and revolting comments that are uncivil in manner.

Do it right, or don't do it at all.

It's not that hard to make an intelligent post here; I'd suggest you start now.

As of MJHUB's week 7 rankings, here are some notables from Cleveland's schedule

Oak Ridge - #6

Baylor - #9

Independence - #10

Dalton - traditional Georgia powerhouse

Christian Brothers - #3

Bearden - #7

It's not like they haven't played anybody either.

I'm glad this is your first post.

You have no right to slam a team so disrespectfully. It's arrogant, it's rude, and it's not something we'll put up with on the boards.

These boards are about good discussion and decent banter. Not about abhorrent, impertinent, insolent and revolting comments that are uncivil in manner.

Do it right, or don't do it at all.

It's not that hard to make an intelligent post here; I'd suggest you start now.

As of MJHUB's week 7 rankings, here are some notables from Cleveland's schedule

Oak Ridge - #6

Baylor - #9

Independence - #10

Dalton - traditional Georgia powerhouse

Christian Brothers - #3

Bearden - #7

It's not like they haven't played anybody either.

Well said. It seems like these type posters have been popping up quite a bit since the Bearden/ Cleveland game /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

I want to know where you order these buzzers?

Our clock stops with 2 minutes left and the end of the game is at the ref's discretion. I've been told this is "High School rules" but apparently out East you guys let the clock run to the buzzer?

The Collierville vs. Houston game went over 8:00 after the clock was stopped at 2:00 with CHS holding a 3-2 lead. During that time Houston was awarded a pk that was missed high and wide!

Well said. It seems like these type posters have been popping up quite a bit since the Bearden/ Cleveland game /dry.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="

Yes it does. And whoever the abyrd poster was, I assure you it was not a Cleveland player. We had the same issue occur last year when someone acted as one of our defenders, Drew Muth, under the username "chsdmuth."

I want to know where you order these buzzers?

Our clock stops with 2 minutes left and the end of the game is at the ref's discretion. I've been told this is "High School rules" but apparently out East you guys let the clock run to the buzzer?

The Collierville vs. Houston game went over 8:00 after the clock was stopped at 2:00 with CHS holding a 3-2 lead. During that time Houston was awarded a pk that was missed high and wide!

I don't know what the rule book says about the buzzer thing, but the only time I have seen it in high school soccer is at the Oak Ridge tournament and Tuesday at Bearden. I really don't care for it at all. I think the referee's whistle is the only thing that should end the game, there is too much ... dispute when the home team controls the game clock. I know the referee had no way to stop the clock on throw in's and goal kick's (especially when the home team is winning late in the game) and that kind of thing because its out of his hands. Anyway, just thought I'd throw in my two cents about the clock ... Stick with counting down to two minutes and letting the ref decide from there.

I don't know what the rule book says about the buzzer thing, but the only time I have seen it in high school soccer is at the Oak Ridge tournament and Tuesday at Bearden. I really don't care for it at all. I think the referee's whistle is the only thing that should end the game, there is too much ... dispute when the home team controls the game clock. I know the referee had no way to stop the clock on throw in's and goal kick's (especially when the home team is winning late in the game) and that kind of thing because its out of his hands. Anyway, just thought I'd throw in my two cents about the clock ... Stick with counting down to two minutes and letting the ref decide from there.

Idk about everywhere else, and I don't think there is a special rule about it, but in Middle TN, at least at our home games, we leave it up to the ref to decide whether to stop it at 2, 1 or let it run all the way down. So if you're the home team coach, and you're questioning whether to stop the clock or to let it run, just ask the center ref what he would like to do.

Cleveland is obviously not the #1 team in the state,(much less top 20 in the country)!

Good season even though the schedule is a bunch of cupcake teams.

IF they make it to the State Tourny, then it will be a successful season.

Thanks for coming to Knoxville and letting us know we are still the best !

I will say Cleveland came out very flat in the first half and Bearden definitely deserved the goals they scored in the beginning. But the second half was definitely a different story Cleveland dominated the majority of the 2nd half and scored four goals to come back and tie the game. It's a little bold of you to say "you're still the best" when, first of all, the game was a tie, second they came back from 3-0 lead, and lastly..teams have their off games. Didn't BEARDEN "the best" lose to a non-ranked science hill and tie an also non-ranked Lenior City??

I will say Cleveland came out very flat in the first half and Bearden definitely deserved the goals they scored in the beginning. But the second half was definitely a different story Cleveland dominated the majority of the 2nd half and scored four goals to come back and tie the game. It's a little bold of you to say "you're still the best" when, first of all, the game was a tie, second they came back from 3-0 lead, and lastly..teams have their off games. Didn't BEARDEN "the best" lose to a non-ranked science hill and tie an also non-ranked Lenior City??

i think thats correct /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

in last nights mccallie ccs game while there was a clock it stopped and we played an additional 9 minutes due to a injury. you play to the referee's whistle. perhaps at tournments when the field is needed for many games in a day but a hs one game or even jv then hs games let the ref's whistle call the game. Lord knows it drives me crazy in the stands when you just dont know but that is the beauty of it. the teams have to play and not clock watch and in a tight game it makes a difference.