11-AAA Post Season Thread

CalledStrike

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> hey burroboy that franklin vs. independence game you were talking about tonight, is that lacrosse,softball or soccer? GO BOBCATS !!!!!

hey 'OHSBobcat1' championship game was a joke & embarrassment to district 11aaa. 10 errors (probably more if they hadn't gave hits instead of errors) Coaching for indy terrible, changing pitchers in 6th which wasn't necessary and not bring in ace (should have cost him the game) but got a unearned run in top of 8th and then ace pitched bottom of 8th and got the win. McGavock & Hunters Lane (weakess district in tn.) have got to be really happy with chance of winning both of these games.

hey 'OHSBobcat1' championship game was a joke & embarrassment to district 11aaa. 10 errors (probably more if they hadn't gave hits instead of errors) Coaching for indy terrible, changing pitchers in 6th which wasn't necessary and not bring in ace (should have cost him the game) but got a unearned run in top of 8th and then ace pitched bottom of 8th and got the win. McGavock & Hunters Lane (weakess district in tn.) have got to be really happy with chance of winning both of these games.

/wacko.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> /huh.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Hey Bobcats 10

Both Overton and Independence will do well in the post season. Both teams hit the ball well (and hard).

Niether team in Distict 12AAA can hang with either of 11AAA represenatives.

(this is baseball though, and stranger things have happened)

I will admit that costly errors (E usually = Run)were made by both teams in the championship game, but there were some stellar defensive plays from both sides as well.

As to coaching, it's real easy to sit outside and question a move by a coach, they usually know what is going on with their team though. Coach Moore looked good at the end of 8 !

this actually was one of the more exciting games of the year. it was a hard fought game by both sides. and 10 errors? i was aware of maybe 4. you must be counting hits in the hole that the shortstop barely got to as errors.

this actually was one of the more exciting games of the year. it was a hard fought game by both sides. and 10 errors? i was aware of maybe 4. you must be counting hits in the hole that the shortstop barely got to as errors.

I didn't say this game wasn't exciting, what I said was it was poorly played for a championship game. Also there was 6 errors by the 2 shortstops (4 by overton ss, 2 by indy ss) the balls that they fielded in the hole were scored as hits (but a couple of them could have also been errors. Hope vandy is looking at Indy ss as a pitcher and not as a ss as I am a vandy fan.

I wouldn't say that Indy will be on top for a number of years. Ravenwood has got a very solid sophomore-junior class and if I had to bet money on it, Ravenwood would beat Indy in years to come.

I believe you are somewhat correct. Ravenwood has the chance to replace Overton as one of the better teams after Overton leaves the district next year. Centennial might also be in the mix, probably 3rd or 4th. Independence will rule and be on top as long as Coach Moore is still there. Brentwood and Franklin were trainwrecks this year, typically two of the dominant teams who played well below their potential this year (both had lots of coaching and attitude issues). Forget about Hillsboro and Hillwood, their games should be listed as scrimmages and not officially count on anyone's schedule. Here's what I see for next year:

1) Independence (by a wide margin, coaching, pitching, hitting all superior to rest of district), 2) Ravenwood (could slip and go to #3, but underclassmen will get better and will probably finish right behind Indy), 3) Centennial (might, with a break or two finish #2, Coaches not bad, work well with high school players), 4) Brentwood (simply needs to find some offense, too much baseball history to stay down for long), 5) Franklin (no pitching next year, coaching???, sad state after many years of domination, the school deserves better) 6)Hillsboro (a few ballplayers, but not enough to compete in this district, 7) Hillwood (I feel for them, but as long as they try, then play ball and have some fun. They might celebrate an upset or two, but that's about it).

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> hey burroboy that franklin vs. independence game you were talking about tonight, is that lacrosse,softball or soccer? GO BOBCATS !!!!!

My point exactly OHSBobcat1, I said Friday night not Thursday night. For some funny reason they decided to move the championship game back to a thurs. doubleheader. Looked ok to me friday night to play ball. Everybody else did. I checked every district in all three classifications and they all played their championship on Fri. one game, one night like it is supposed to be, I wonder why that is?It wasn't fair to Overton either, it cost them a #1 seed. But the ultimate goal was achieved, congratulations!It's easy to understand why everybody in the district dislikes Franklin, they've been like the Patriots of the NFL. They win so much everybody hates them. They have went to the state 3 out of the last 4 years and got put out in the sub-state the other. They have represented this district 8 out of the last 10 years. When you talk about District 11AAA, Franklin is the team people think of, not Overton, or Indy, or Brentwood. It's always been that way and it always will. I will miss Overton's baseball team when they leave the district, they have a good coach, but I won't miss the lack of class often displayed by the Overton faithful from the ticket seller, to the concession stand workers, to the fans, and the students.