Alcoa vs. Bearden

soccerfan17

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they have a chance? Sure ... they have beaten a few quality teams this season. However, after games against big Knoxville area opponents in Maryville and Farragut I don't know if they will have enough gas left in the tank. They will definitely have to bring their "A" game for this match. I'll take Bearden 3-0.

Having seen a lot of the Knoxville teams play this year, and having seen both of these teams, I would think this would be a tremendous game. Both teams are very talented and physical. If both teams play well, I would give the edge to Bearden 3-2. But I would not be shocked if Alcoa wins. Are both teams healthy? That could make a difference.

If I know Coach Gorman as much as I think I do, I believe he has scouted Bearden numerous times already this year. He has done his homework and he will have his team ready to exploit Bearden's weaknesses, if you can find any.

Alcoa is a very athletic team and very quick. I think they will match up quite nicely. However, one problem may be the fact that this game is at Bearden. Alcoa plays very well on their field. But how will they do when they make the transition to a much wider field? Also, how have they recovered from the past 2 games against Maryville and Farragut? If they can overcome these 2 challenges, I think it will be a fun game to watch. I predict it will be a very quick paced game.

Good luck to both.

Thanks ned, we are hoping to give them a good match. We are a little banged up and have brodus out for sure, a few more I will limit minutes. Not making excuses in advance, we are coming to play, just getting to that time of year when alot of games adds up on legs so we are going to get some younger guys some minutes and see what they can do. I hope they are excited about the opportunity. Good luck to the bulldogs, see you in a few hours.

Your not making excuses, your playing smart. While I know it would be huge to come with a win tonight, you must calculate the cost. A/AA schools don't have the depth that AAA schools do, and with districts next week, one needs to be careful. Not to say you wont give them a good game, you just have to consider the future.

We're in the same spot playing Farragut tonight. We got beat up against Science Hill. Got some starters out, and some that aren't 100%. I wish it weren't so, but nothing we can do about it. We will get to see if people will step it up when given their chance. We are playing for a win, but accepting a loss if it comes.

A/AA schools don't have the depth that AAA schools do

/roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> .....Would you like to explain that comment? ummmmm /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

G can give more details, I know CAK scored early and Farragut responded on a set piece. I think CAK had a PK stopped but got the game winner off a corner.

Alcoa - 0

Bearden - 1

Anyone predicting a fast paced match was very accurate, there was not alot of time spent trying to be pretty with possession. Bearden had the run of play in first half with more opportunities causing us to drop in and defend more. They had a goal called back on an offsides in a rebound situation. I thought it was a good call, honestly. Bearden had more good looks, but I am proud of my defenders for closing people down and clearing the box quickly to give our keeper a chance to come out in space and win balls. Our looks in the first half were scarce but we did manage a few opportunities that fizzled from bearden getting back on the ball so quickly. Felt a bit like farragut all over again. I was happy to get out of the half nil nil. We made some adjustments to roles in the second and it defenitely seemed to create more opportunities. I think bearden definitely had more, but we had some quality looks and didn't finish. I think the final shot count on goal was 7-4 in Bearden's favor. The goal came with about 6 mins remaining on a long ball near the right flank that sailed into the far corner. I hate to give one up that way, but bearden played well enough to get the win. I still felt like we played well enough to draw. I'm very proud of the Alcoa boys for finally putting together a full 80 mins. First time since the cleveland tournament 7 weeks ago. Played with some fire and passion. Kudos to bearden, Coach Turner has such a well trained team, and hopefully campell #8 is back to 100% for next weeks district tournament. I'm just hoping my boys have turned the corner after 2 weeks of very blah soccer.