2009 girls schedules

mr300bowl

Here is the Briarcrest schedule for 2009:

Briarcrest 2009 Soccer Schedule

Aug. 14 Pillow Academy (Collierville Preseason Tournament)

Aug. 15 East Rankin (Collierville Preseason Tournament)

Aug. 16 Jackson Academy (Collierville Preseason Tournament)

Sept. 4 Oak Ridge (Katie Hunter)

Sept. 5 Ravenwood (Katie Hunter)

Sept. 5 Independence (Katie Hunter)

Sept. 6 McMinn County (Katie Hunter)

Sept. 8 St. George??™s

Sept.11 Franklin (Away)

Sept.12 Brentwood (Away)

Sept.15 Saint Benedicts Academy

Sept.17 Arlington HS

Sept.22 St. Agnes Academy (Away)

Sept. 24 Houston HS

Sept. 29 Hutchison (Away)

Oct.1 ECS

Oct.6 Saint Benedicts Academy (Away)

Oct.8 Germantown HS

Oct.13 White Station HS

Oct.15 St. Agnes Academy

Oct.20 Hutchison

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Battle Ground Academy Soccer Schedule

8/6 Riverdale HS - 5:00 (Scrimmage)

8/11 Clarksville HS - 6:00 (Scrimmage)

8/13 at Centennial HS - 6:00 (Scrimmage)

8/20 USN - 5:00 (Scrimmage)

8/25 at siegel HS - 7:00

8/27 Columbia Central HS - 7:00

9/1 Franklin Road Academy - 6:00

9/4 at Baylor - 5:00

9/8 at Father Ryan - 6:00

9/10 at Harpeth Hall - 7:00

9/15 at Independence HS - 7:00

9/17 Ensworth - 7:00

9/23 at Ravenwood HS - 7:00 (adidas Challenge Cup)

9/24 Franklin HS - 7:00 (adidas Challenge Cup)

9/26 Hendersonville HS - 2:00 (adidas Challenge Cup)

9/28 Brentwood HS - 7:00 (adidas Challenge Cup)

10/3 at Castle HS (Evansville, IN) - 12:00

10/3 at Harrison HS (Evansville, IN) - 4:00

10/6 at Pope John Paul II - 4:30

10/8 Girls Preparatory School - 6:00

10/13 at Beech HS - 7:00

10/15 Brentwood Academy - 7:00

Is it normal for to schedule the same opponent twice in the regular season? I noticed that St Agnes & St Benedicts are on your schedule twice. Wouldn't you play them again in the playoffs?

That was my first question, also! I had asked which game would count for seeding for regionals.....and I got a very good answer!

With ECS and St Mary's shifting to D2-A, there are now only four teams to compete for three spots in sub-state. There really isn't a need for a regional tournament so each team will play each other twice and the results of those games will determine the seeding from the West region. Seems as fair as anything!

That was my first question, also! I had asked which game would count for seeding for regionals.....and I got a very good answer!

With ECS and St Mary's shifting to D2-A, there are now only four teams to compete for three spots in sub-state. There really isn't a need for a regional tournament so each team will play each other twice and the results of those games will determine the seeding from the West region. Seems as fair as anything!

How about consolidating with the next closest region? Seems like someone put perfume on a skunk. If there aren't enough teams to populate a district/region, what brainchild decided we need another division (and yes, this somehow goes back to, every team in Tennessee will soon be a state champion, as long as TSSAA continues to define ways to make more money).

How about consolidating with the next closest region? Seems like someone put perfume on a skunk. If there aren't enough teams to populate a district/region, what brainchild decided we need another division (and yes, this somehow goes back to, every team in Tennessee will soon be a state champion, as long as TSSAA continues to define ways to make more money).

The next closest region for D2AA is the Nashville area....so not really very close to play league games.....virtually impossible! That would be too much travel during the school week for league games with lack of time for academics.

Unlike AAA, where there are 16 districts, there are just three regions in the state for D2AA. And, 32 teams (I think two from each district) get to go to sectionals for double elimination basis for A, AA, and AAA while only 8 teams go to substate on a single elimination basis for D2AA. Additionally, schools like MUS and CBHS are in the West region for D2AA.....so for other sports, there are additional teams for the West....just not applicable for girls soccer. It wouldn't make sense to combine all sports for West region teams just because one sport has limited teams.

The next closest region for D2AA is the Nashville area....so not really very close to play league games.....virtually impossible! That would be too much travel during the school week for league games with lack of time for academics.

Unlike AAA, where there are 16 districts, there are just three regions in the state for D2AA. And, 32 teams (I think two from each district) get to go to sectionals for double elimination basis for A, AA, and AAA while only 8 teams go to substate on a single elimination basis for D2AA. Additionally, schools like MUS and CBHS are in the West region for D2AA.....so for other sports, there are additional teams for the West....just not applicable for girls soccer. It wouldn't make sense to combine all sports for West region teams just because one sport has limited teams.

the 32 teams in AAA and A/AA that advance to sections face single elimination from sectionals forward. The only double elimination ocurrs before that point, with Districts and Regionals. If a team advances to the district or regional finals, they will advance to the next level whether or not they win that final game. Some might not like it, but it helps minimize a weak team from advancing too far just becase they are the least weak team in the district or region.

OH! I get it, I am sorry.

So if you are in Div 1AAA, you play off among (AAA) over 100 teams. In Div 2AA, you play off among 18 teams (maybe less) and in Div 2A you play off with less than 16 teams. Whoever sold the need for Div2A must have worked for Enron.

If I understand the system correctly (and I may not), the East beat you to it and joined with Nashville.

Region AA E/M

Baylor (Chattanooga)

BGA (Franklin)

Brentwood Academy (Brentwood)

Ensworth (Nashville)

Father Ryan (Nashville)

GPS (Chattanooga)

Harpeth Hall (Nashville)

Knoxville Webb (Knoxville)

MBA (Nashville)

McCallie (Chattanooga)

Pope John Paul (Hendersonville)

St. Cecilia (Nashville)

Region AA W

Briarcrest (Eads)

CBHS (Memphis)

ECS (Cordova)

Hutchison (Memphis)

MUS (Memphis)

St. Agnes (Memphis)

St. Benedict (Cordova)

St. Mary's (Memphis

The entire system is pretty interesting and, at times, confusing!

In the A, AA, AAA levels there are SO many teams. However, there does seem to be a clear distinction in talent levels....many schools are powerhouses in football...but not so great in soccer while other programs are strong in all sports. The large school system would weed out the weekest out there.

I think that it will be a very competitive season for all regions in all levels this year.....especially better competition than in the past for D2A with the five teams that moved into that level from the west!

Looking forward to an exciting season!

• 2 weeks later...

Livingston Academy

Date Opponent, Rank(nn) Opponent

(w-l-t) Time

Score All

Games Conf

Games Comments

08/06 % Coffee Co (0-0-0) 5:00 PM

08/15 % at Friendship Christian School (0-0-0) 10:00 AM

08/22 % vs Chatt. Christian (0-0-0) 10:30 AM CCS Playday

08/22 % vs Franklin (0-0-0) 11:45 AM CCS Playday

08/22 % vs Notre Dame (0-0-0) 1:15 PM CCS Playday

08/25 Cookeville (0-0-0) 7:00 PM

08/27 at Cumberland Co (0-0-0) 6:00 PM

09/01 * Smith County (0-0-0) 6:00 PM

09/03 * at York Institute (0-0-0) 6:00 PM

09/08 at TBA (0-0-0) 6:30 PM cannon co district

09/11 vs Boyd-Buchanan (0-0-0) 6:00 PM (Neutral Site) CCS Tour.

09/12 TBA (0-0-0) 7:00 PM CCS Tour.

09/16 TBA (0-0-0) 7:00 PM Ladies Championship Tour.

09/17 vs Page (0-0-0) 6:00 PM Ladies Championship Tournament

09/22 CPA (0-0-0) 5:00 PM

09/29 * at Dekalb Co (0-0-0) 6:30 PM

10/01 * at Jackson Co (0-0-0) 4:30 PM

10/06 at Stone Memorial (0-0-0) 6:30 PM

10/08 Friendship Christian School (0-0-0) 6:00 PM Senior Night

Should be a real challenge facing either CCS or ND in the regions now.