Uh Oh - Fryer on You Tube

joeyT

Its a common problem attempting to comprehend some posters. The violation is clear despite some posters attempts to deny the film or act as if the film doesn't exist, not to mention the eye-witnesses to the infraction. It is probably obvious to you by now that some posters have a hidden agenda and always downplay things or have blind trust in the TSSAA, that they will do the appropriate thing in every case, we both know this is pie in the sky thinking. It is obvious that this sort of infraction is fairly common in some schools. I hope we hear what sanctions are placed upon Mt Juliet, but I will be the most surprised person if we ever do hear anything. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Rumor has it that some in house discipline is going to be doled out to try and avoid any further investigations from the T$$AA

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rumor has it that some in house discipline is going to be doled out to try and avoid any further investigations from the T$$AA

Whats the legality of playing for one high school basketball team in the summer (WC), while enrolled in another school (MJ) and trying out for that schools volleyball team (MJ) at the same time? Noone talks about how many signatures are on the petition? Wonder why? BEAN=CLOWN

I will answer to the best of my ability, but I do not comprehend much of your post/questions.

This thread has already taken waaay too much of my time.

1)March 16th- Filming -

Don't know

2)Film sent to TSSAA? By whom-

A Civic Group

3)Film sent to TSSAA By coachT -

Confirmed by CoachT

4)Violations noted on film sent to TSSAA--?-

Don't know, TSSAA Business

5)Alledged Investigation by Tssaa--?-

Confirmed, but still TSSAA Business

6)Sanctions by TSSAA--?-

Unconfirmed Statement from reliable source

7)Discussion with associate coach about sanctions--May but sanctions not posted.

Correct

8)Discussion with hoopsrgrg8 with new revelations as his discussions with helping MJ parents with MJ problems and getting involved with another schools program June16-17(says he is a coach at another school)-

He or She? No involvement - listened to comments - read Girls basketball calendar & told them where to find it on TSSAA website

9)other violations concerning situation including intentional and malicious conduct-?-

Parents state that according to Girls basketball calendar, more practices occuring than allowed by TSSAA.

I hope they turn him in, but doubt they will for several reasons. Use your imagination or refer back to my previous posts.

I see some coaches and administrators outraged and I see others shaking their heads and chuckling about the video stating it's OK, everyone does it.

The apathy and acceptance of rule violations is a bad thing for High School Sports.

I'm Praying for change.

Coach8, this is a very good post and revealing. Certainly needs some more information that you were not able to contribute to get more of the story. Hope someone will fill in some of the blanks unanswered. What I got the most from is the impression that most everyone does this. Some do and many don't I would think. Administrators understand that. Even some parents understand that also. Everyone understands the rules and ways to achieve results within the rules. Some may go outside the rules. It is wrong for those who go outside but its certainly all right to achieve goals within the rules. However I do agree, if the rules need to be changed, change them. The issue here is is not the rule. Rules are specific and if they are broken, the schools have agreed to them and sanctions have been agreed to by the schools. Most would agree to that. Evidently the investigation has been confirmed by the TSSAA according to Coach8, the violations have not been posted to see what they covered or he/she wouldn't do it. Too many violations to see what had been turned in or agreed to. The coaching associate who coach8 talked to about the sanctions must have gotten them from the TSSAA or the High School for them to be verifiable.

To be specific on my position as uninformed posters, who have no correct information to provide, seem to show up defaming whoever they want against the rules of this thread, Coach8 seems to have quite a bit of the story and we are closing in on what has actually happened if everything is correct with only a small bit more of information is needed. I will agree that at this point, its unlikely the full story will come out. If this is so, school Administrators need to be careful as this does not represent the values they represent.

Ahhhhhh, the full story. The full story is what Joey T originally posted. There was some infractions going on, captured on film for all to see. After watching the video, I don't need to know more info as some put it. Now lets see what happens, betcha not much. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Ahhhhhh, the full story. The full story is what Joey T originally posted. There was some infractions going on, captured on film for all to see. After watching the video, I don't need to know more info as some put it. Now lets see what happens, betcha not much. /smile.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I've talked to a couple of coaches since this video became public. Let's just say they are very curious as to see what TSSAA does with such blatant evidence to incriminate.

If nothing is done or they receive just a slap on the wrist, you can bet there will be a lot of coaches just ignoring rules, dates, etc.

Many already do that but many also follow the rules.

I've talked to a couple of coaches since this video became public. Let's just say they are very curious as to see what TSSAA does with such blatant evidence to incriminate.

If nothing is done or they receive just a slap on the wrist, you can bet there will be a lot of coaches just ignoring rules, dates, etc.

Many already do that but many also follow the rules.

In infractions known this past year only one was made public by TSSAA. Others were called attention to on this site with inadvertant sanctions. It likely is not a TSSAA policy to do so. First hand knowledge of sanctions in this situation was only known second handed if true. Anyone intentionally just ignoring rules will not likely do so without someone calling it to their attention but many fans may not even know the rules. Its a chance to go on the TSSAA.org web site and print off the Handbook with the rules and become familiar with them. Some may not be posted but the basics should be. I have confidence that most every school follows rules as well as every parent and fan, and students as the handbook covers rules for all. Schools generally follow rules but at times may unintentionally not do so. Principals, teachers, coaches, parents and students should follow rules and do.

So that Coaches are not put in an awkward position, the TSSAA office telephone number can be found on the site also and someone there will be able to provide information on rules.

This video brings up an important point! Why doesn't the TSSAA consider moving the coaches box behind the bench? /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Ways of loosening up the system and providing different rules have a way of finding ways to skirt the system and two articles recently hit this site that make that point exactly yet are within the system and provide parents a way to make decisions for their child. While we can all complain about the system and the coaches, the truth about the matter is someone besides the coach likely was influenced to implement variances that allowed rules to be circumvented. Personally, thats what the elected system is all about, to try to do as many things constituants would like to do, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone.

First article was by Byron De'Vinner of the DNR whose article is on this thread. His article has to do with recruiting or influencing players out of zone and using people of influence with Middle and High School influence to get a student to go to a particular school. This happens more with a middle school student and happens mostly with Magnet High schools in a District who has open zoned schools. The reason Districts take great control by director of schools is the keep any abuse from happening and they can generally control the issue but sometimes it takes a lot of work. The other happens when private schools, trying to get students and mainly athletes, find their way into some summer athletic teams and wind up filling their bus up and their teams up with some of the best athletes in a particular county under the guise of a scholorship which is really not the description but is under the catagory of aide. It's possible that a school can wind up with a whole team of Middle School Age players witgh summer connections and with athletes that could play more than one sport. This means in some cases a student can be bussed as much as 40 miles a day year round if practice is involved after school and if a bus is not available in the afternoon to get home, other costs are involved. Is that proper and within the rules? Looks to mem like it is. I'm not sure if this is ever explained to the students or parents and I'm not sure the information ever gets to the approval stage of the aide to the TSSAA. Depending on the distance, its a sizable amount a year. It should be part of the application. Now public magnet schools or open zoned should have an advantage when parents are named asst. coaches and the student goes to school there. This means the parent has to come to pick the student up anyway so being involved is great and what shcools want the parents to be. Likely in Private Schools depending on the need, some could be added to aide to take care of extra expense. Thats aide. Being sharp on home expenses can provide some help.

Everything is all right so far except when during the school year, all of a sudden students show up at school with caps with the schools name on them and an equipent bag with the schools name on them. While this is some type of violation, i would expect this would be considered minor and the TSSAA would overlook this most of the time but is minor. How many times is this violation called? Likely never. The point of this is the article never gets in to this and a school can have a coach who is an assistant who is an AAU coach that can influence players to attend his school. After the coach is there, he can't coach his own team until after school is out.Someone else can. But what about private school coaches. Are they under the same guidelines?

Because of the shortage of coaches in some areas. The article spells out needs that while may need to be watched, needs to be allowed.

The second article by Steven Hargis deals with distances being long in some Districts and causing some schools some difficulty. It evidentlyhas helped some mDistricts and sports and hurts others. Again a third party article with a second post on the subject from someone in the past 3 months. Travel expenses? Why a group of private schools in Nashville evidently commissioned kevin Legate in an article in the City Paper to redo which schools played which and he worked out a system and said in essence, the system was good with the schools involved and they were going to use it. The time is getting closer when all of this separation of Divisions will stop and a good look will be given again to finding a more reasonable way playing each other. The loud insignificant voices of "can't do it" or "won't do it" or "won't even look at it" will disappear and zoning will take over and a lot of these problems will disappear. Recruiting will be reduced and even marketing of recruiting will have no use. Private schools will still be around as will all of the others. Ways around students attending will be simplified and even home schooling will be simplified.

These two articles are interesting at this time of the year, students? are now being sought.

Bottom line is Fryer cheats and everyone knows it. In fact, in the video when you look at his face - he knows he is cheating. As for a penalty I wouldn't expect much from T-$$AA - they can't even pay their own bills.

In conclusion, Fryer cheats and we all know it.

• 8 months later...