CAK vs. Carter

OldSoccerFan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Carter has had a very successful season and played one heck of a game vs. Alcoa.

Can they upset CAK who seems to be on a roll and playing very well right now?

CAK has been here often, very often, This is only the second time Carter has advanced to region in the past 6 years. I think the momentum and experience favors CAk. Carter has the best player in the state and if he gets rolling it could go their way. Hate to pick against my own district member but I think CAK will take this one.

Good Luck to both teams.

I'm going with the upset (sorry G). How am i basing this opionion? only on a feeling. Carter 3-2. Mark plays the game of his life and carries carter through this one...... Now, Mark don't make me look like a fool! /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

I would love Carter to win, but i just don't see it happening. CAK should be able to get by Carter's defense without too much problem; however, can their defense shut down Mark, Adam, and Nick? I believe that is the question that has to be answered. Good luck to both teams, I believe CAK will win this one 3-1.

No need to apologize for picking against us... I don't take offense to it. Mark is a great player. My boys are excited for the opportunity of the challenge that he brings (as well as the other talented players that Carter brings to the table that often get overlooked... Adam, Nick, Jamaal to name a few).

We are not taking this game lightly. I know Coach Chunn will have these boys pumped and ready. I am truly looking forward to it! Looks to be nice weather, too!

No need to apologize for picking against us... I don't take offense to it. Mark is a great player. My boys are excited for the opportunity of the challenge that he brings (as well as the other talented players that Carter brings to the table that often get overlooked... Adam, Nick, Jamaal to name a few).

You may be the first person to ever spell Jamaal's name right! haha. I think CAK top to bottom plays a better possession type game which I think will serve them well in this game. I hate to say it, but I see CAK coming out on top 3-1. How's the field G?

How's the field G?

Dunno, Sportsnut. I actually took the weekend off to spend with the family in NC. I texted our grounds crew to see about rolling it before the game, but haven't received a response yet. The flanks are perfect, but some areas are roughed up a bit. At this time of the year, that is to be expected, I guess. Hopefully, there will be a break from all the rain for a couple of days to get it dried out.

I'll know a lot more tomorrow.

I'm not saying he's Superman, but I don't know if anyone can contain Sherrod in the prep ranks. He is an offensive force. If you double or triple team him, they have a number of guys that can make you pay.

I know, I've heard he is a great player. Never seen him play personally. That is why I said "contain" instead of "stop". I thought I did rather well choosing my words. I learn from BigG.

CAK by at least two, probably more. CAK has prepared for this by playing good competion all season. Cannot say the same for Carter. They have a lot of teams playing in their district, but their non-district schedule was weak at best. Teams like Alcoa and Seymour step out and play and scrimmage teams like Bearden, Farragut, Sevier County, Maryville and others. And Carter did not even play in the upper bracket of the DB tournament, like some other teams did from this area. But with that said, Sherrod can be a difference maker. But I just do not feel like he will be enough.