Farrugut vs Hendersonville

MVM

While I have absolutely no dog in this hunt. I must say that these two programs have some of the most diligent, rabid and "homer" posters on coacht. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" /> Don't take that statement wrong, personally I love it....I wish I could make this game, but not necessary to watch the game, but to watch the crowd. /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Good luck to both sides.

Diligent and rabid I see, but "homer"? Not sure I understand the reference made, but then again, I may be way to old to keep up with today's slang. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Jee........... If Mini State Tournament is the criteria to determine the outcome by previous performance then I think Farragut beating Morristown West ,Oak Ridge and Bearden should be considered. Both play great defense and it willprobably be a low scoring game but Farragut seems to find a way to win while Hendersonville ties alot.......this won't be a tie so I am going with Farragut 3-1

I wouldnt go as far as saying they tie "alot". In the last 12 games, Hville is undefeated and has only tied 2 of those games..

and 3-1 is a bit of a stretch i would say... i would really be suprised to see 4 goals in this game

Diligent and rabid I see, but "homer"? Not sure I understand the reference made, but then again, I may be way to old to keep up with today's slang. /blink.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

I believe the meaning of "homer" in this context is to describe someone who has a close devotion to a sports team.

MVM, your descriptions are accurate.

The Hendersonville and Farragut fans would be fun to watch.

I believe the meaning of "homer" in this context is to describe someone who has a close devotion to a sports team.

MVM, your descriptions are accurate.

The Hendersonville and Farragut fans would be fun to watch.

OldsoccerFan I'm glad someone gets my attempt at humor... /roflol.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":roflol:" border="0" alt="roflol.gif" />

Farragut 2 Hendersonville 0

Farragut will avenge last years teams early exit, Farragut for the State Championship.

And I will make a bold statement again this year as I did last year. I will predict a state tournament win next year for Farragut. I dont see anyone at all troubling Farragut next year. Sorry, but the core of that team is just wayyyy wayy to strong. I said the same thing last summer about Farragut this year and I hope it comes true. Good Luck to all!

Pinball--I know this is all in good fun, but I think predicting back to back state championships is way too bold of a prediction. You of all people should know that when you are on top (and Farragut is almost always on top) you get every opposing team's best effort, and anything can happen. By the way--I'm still picking Farragut to win this year, and I'm picking them to win in a barn burner over Hendersonville.

Pinball--I know this is all in good fun, but I think predicting back to back state championships is way too bold of a prediction. You of all people should know that when you are on top (and Farragut is almost always on top) you get every opposing team's best effort, and anything can happen. By the way--I'm still picking Farragut to win this year, and I'm picking them to win in a barn burner over Hendersonville.

I know I know, but what the heck, im still calling it. No one on these boards has real conversations regarding the games or future games anymore. Its all about bashing and score predictions with no real material behind the pick. I use to love getting on here and talking soccer with tons of knowledgeable people. Now, I can hardly find a topic worth posting on. When the boards go back to the old way (knowledgeable discussions)...I will start to take them seriously again.

Yes, being on top puts an inordinate amount of pressure on you, but at the same time it gives you a good level of confidence. Having confidence and being cocky are so different. I know that I, and all my team-mates at Farragut never underestimated anyone and took every game seriously. We were confident but not cocky. I for one, know that this years class and next years senior classes are just the same. They may have the pressure on them, but I believe they can handle it. One thing people never give credit to Wally for is that he is always able to remain calm and collected during the most intense games. I believe that has rubbed off on the Farragut program and all of its athletes. This may sound cocky to some, but I just believe that this is what makes Farragut, Farragut. If it were different, I believe I would see more people picking other teams in big contests. I may be going out on a limb with that prediction, but hey..maybe it will start some decent discussion.

By the way, will I have the pleasure of meeting you today?

Anyone have any details on this game? Sounds like it was an intense one.

Farragut scores on a restart. Referee was looking down at injured Farragut player after blowing his whistle, when they play ball to a player who was 3 yards offside. AR was not in position to make call because he too was looking at the Farragut player laying on the field. Player goes in unchallenged and beats Hendersonvilles goalie. Play should have been called back due to injured player but the offsides was also so obvious. Referee allowed goal. Cheap goal.

Unfortunately, this should have probably been the final game on Saturday.