The New Region 7

RossviewFan

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the #8 team in the state (latest poll) goes down to MBA 36-24. It also looks like one of the Bellet brothers beat Jordan. :flower:

I wasn't going to get on here and say this unless this match was brought up. Well this match has been brought up now. Clarksville has 3 legitimate losses this year to Father Ryan, Brentwood and Independence. The loss to MBA on Tuesday night was the worst case of home cooking by a referee that I've ever seen and I've experienced wrestling all over this country. I do not know the referees name but he was awful. It wasn't that he didn't know what he was doing, he knew exactly what he was doing. Clarksville had to pin the MBA guys multiple times in the match to ever get the fall. Jordan had Bellet pinned and the whole gym knew it, but this kid was protected. My son Chad had the other Bellett pinned also, everyone knew it and it still wasn't called. Chad still got the minor win but not the pin he deserved. Another bs locking hands call in the 119 match with 2 seconds left, I could go on and on. Just these three calls turned the match. Brandon Isbell and Ren Baggett had to pin their guys multiple times.

This referee should never be allowed to call an MBA match again, especially one that is important. It was clear that he let emotions get in the way of doing his job. I know someone will respond by saying you should beat a team so bad that you take the referee out of the picture, but some matches are going to be close. This match should have been won by Clarksville. Others may get on here and say you shouldn't complain unless you've worn the stripes. Well I plan on wearing stripes after my two older boys graduate, unless I'm blackballed because of this post. I'm too busy now with work and coaching a kids wrestling club. The pins by Clarksville were obvious. Just so no one throws the anonymous crack back at me either, my name is David Isbell. I normally just get on here and ask questions, share information and accasionally bust someones chops but I'll complain this time because this ref was horrible. Sorry for the book but I had to get this off my chest.

Well the #8 team in the state (latest poll) goes down to MBA 36-24. It also looks like one of the Bellet brothers beat Jordan. :flower:

I wasn't going to get on here and say this unless this match was brought up. Well this match has been brought up now. Clarksville has 3 legitimate losses this year to Father Ryan, Brentwood and Independence. The loss to MBA on Tuesday night was the worst case of home cooking by a referee that I've ever seen and I've experienced wrestling all over this country. I do not know the referees name but he was awful. It wasn't that he didn't know what he was doing, he knew exactly what he was doing. Clarksville had to pin the MBA guys multiple times in the match to ever get the fall. Jordan had Bellet pinned and the whole gym knew it, but this kid was protected. My son Chad had the other Bellett pinned also, everyone knew it and it still wasn't called. Chad still got the minor win but not the pin he deserved. Another bs locking hands call in the 119 match with 2 seconds left, I could go on and on. Just these three calls turned the match. Brandon Isbell and Ren Baggett had to pin their guys multiple times.

This referee should never be allowed to call an MBA match again, especially one that is important. It was clear that he let emotions get in the way of doing his job. I know someone will respond by saying you should beat a team so bad that you take the referee out of the picture, but some matches are going to be close. This match should have been won by Clarksville. Others may get on here and say you shouldn't complain unless you've worn the stripes. Well I plan on wearing stripes after my two older boys graduate, unless I'm blackballed because of this post. I'm too busy now with work and coaching a kids wrestling club. The pins by Clarksville were obvious. Just so no one throws the anonymous crack back at me either, my name is David Isbell. I normally just get on here and ask questions, share information and accasionally bust someones chops but I'll complain this time because this ref was horrible. Sorry for the book but I had to get this off my chest.

Dam Mr I. I was just saying that i had noticed that the #8 team lost to a team that is not even ranked. If i am right there is another team in the top 12 that lost to MBA earlier this year. I do not have a dog in the hunt for either team. Sorry you time in Nashville was not to your liking.

Dave Thomas

formally the the Blue Grass State

today the White Grass State

Izzy... you'll find that the better the boys do, the harder it's going to be to get the pin call. I've always thought the officials in Tennessee take entirely too long to call a pin based on the rule book. We will be in a tournament in St. Louis, MO (third one in a row) next weekend. They call it in Missouri like it should be.. two count and slap. No waffling or giving the guy a chance to fight out. When you're pinned, you're pinned. I take a lot of photos and my camera rolls off a lot of shots in just a few seconds. When I have 10-15 shots with a guys points on the mat, it's a pin. Goodluck to the boys. I guess we'll see you guys next week.

• 2 weeks later...
Well the #8 team in the state (latest poll) goes down to MBA 36-24. It also looks like one of the Bellet brothers beat Jordan. :x

So with all this said what was your thoughts on the jordon turbo smith match at the brentwood tourney?

Ok... here are my predictions... of course this is just My Opinion and they mean nothing!!!! And I am sure I left someone off so if I did please let me know and I will look into revising the ranking.

1- Jeremy Gonzalez (Ross)

2- Jacob Maples (Mont Central)

3- Donovan Roberts (NW)

4- Dylan Treloar (H'ville)

1- Spencere Collazos (Ross)

2- Daniel Smith (Springfield)

3- Richard Burris (H'ville)

4- Austin Orman (Harpeth)

1- DeAndre Morrison (NW)

2- Nick Cantrell (Harpeth)

3- Anthony Patnode (White House)

4- Brain Conn (CA)

Dark Horse- Cary Miller (Ross)

1- Greg Shepherd (Dickson Co)

2- Chancey Wilson (NE)

3- Dyllon Bass (Harpeth)

4- Chad Isbell (C'ville)

Dark Horse- Martin Leamon (NW)

1- Adrain Thomas (NE)

2- Damean Sawyer (Harpeth)

3- Patrick DeMilia (Ross)

4- Zach Pickney (Beech)

Dark Horse- Grant Hill (Mont Central)

1- Hayden Jordan (C'ville)

2- Matt Price (Mont Central)

3- Mitch Scarbrough (Dickson Co)

4- OPEN

1- Ronald Perry (Mont Central)

2- Nick Newton (H'ville)

3- Ben Knox (Dickson Co)

4- Zach Spain (Cheatham Co)

1- Brandon Isbell (C'ville)

2- David Bosanko (NW)

3- Kevin Kucinski (Mont Central)

4- Luke Humphrey (Dickson Co)

1- Ren Baggett (C'ville)

2- Jonathan Roberts (Beech)

3- Maurice Moore (Kenwood)

4- Thaxton Mead (H'ville)

1- Will Bradshaw (Harpeth)

2- Nick Baker (NE)

3- Jarrett McGaha (C'ville)

4- Jacob Tyer (Dickson Co)

Dark Horse- Justin Conners (H'ville)

1- Rakim Talley (Dickson Co)

2- Miguel Robles (Kenwood)

3- Greg Cross (H'ville)

4- Zach North (Ross)

1- Tyler Todd (Ross)

2- Joey Leach (Fairview)

3- Deyandre West (NW)

4- OPEN

1- Brett Jaeckel (H'ville)

2- Yusuf Yunis (Ross)

3- Michael Perry (C'ville)

4- Jamaal Shekeenab (NE)

Dark Horse- Michael Gordy (Sycamore)

1- Wilford Morrison NW)

2- Brandon Chapman (H'ville)

3- Josh West (Springfield)

4- Tyler Bond (Ross)

Ok please don't shoot the messenger this is just MO and I am sure I am very wrong in some spots.

Ok... here are my predictions... of course this is just My Opinion and they mean nothing!!!! And I am sure I left someone off so if I did please let me know and I will look into revising the ranking.

1- Jeremy Gonzalez (Ross)

2- Jacob Maples (Mont Central)

3- Donovan Roberts (NW)

4- Dylan Treloar (H'ville)

1- Spencere Collazos (Ross)

2- Daniel Smith (Springfield)

3- Richard Burris (H'ville)

4- Austin Orman (Harpeth)

1- DeAndre Morrison (NW)

2- Nick Cantrell (Harpeth)

3- Anthony Patnode (White House)

4- Brain Conn (CA)

Dark Horse- Cary Miller (Ross)

1- Greg Shepherd (Dickson Co)

2- Chancey Wilson (NE)

3- Dyllon Bass (Harpeth)

4- Chad Isbell (C'ville)

Dark Horse- Martin Leamon (NW)

1- Adrain Thomas (NE)

2- Damean Sawyer (Harpeth)

3- Patrick DeMilia (Ross)

4- Zach Pickney (Beech)

Dark Horse- Grant Hill (Mont Central)

1- Hayden Jordan (C'ville)

2- Matt Price (Mont Central)

3- Mitch Scarbrough (Dickson Co)

4- OPEN

1- Ronald Perry (Mont Central)

2- Nick Newton (H'ville)

3- Ben Knox (Dickson Co)

4- Zach Spain (Cheatham Co)

1- Brandon Isbell (C'ville)

2- David Bosanko (NW)

3- Kevin Kucinski (Mont Central)

4- Luke Humphrey (Dickson Co)

1- Ren Baggett (C'ville)

2- Jonathan Roberts (Beech)

3- Maurice Moore (Kenwood)

4- Thaxton Mead (H'ville)

1- Will Bradshaw (Harpeth)

2- Nick Baker (NE)

3- Jarrett McGaha (C'ville)

4- Jacob Tyer (Dickson Co)

Dark Horse- Justin Conners (H'ville)

1- Rakim Talley (Dickson Co)

2- Miguel Robles (Kenwood)

3- Greg Cross (H'ville)

4- Zach North (Ross)

1- Tyler Todd (Ross)

2- Joey Leach (Fairview)

3- Deyandre West (NW)

4- OPEN

1- Brett Jaeckel (H'ville)

2- Yusuf Yunis (Ross)

3- Michael Perry (C'ville)

4- Jamaal Shekeenab (NE)

Dark Horse- Michael Gordy (Sycamore)

1- Wilford Morrison NW)

2- Brandon Chapman (H'ville)

3- Josh West (Springfield)

4- Tyler Bond (Ross)

Ok please don't shoot the messenger this is just MO and I am sure I am very wrong in some spots.

You are wrong at 103. That kid Gonzalez didn't even place at Freshman Grand Champions. Can't eb very good. The Hendersonville kid pinned Gonzalez anyway- when they met and the Hendersonville kid won the Freshmen Grand Champions at 103. Gonzalez is over rated.

You must be a Rossview fan cause you have way too many Ross players making it.