TBCA east showcase roster

NETFan

My son was selected last year as a senior and his coach told him personally to go to the tryouts along with a couple others on the team. The boys he told personally to go to tryouts made the team-the others that "heard" about the tryouts that went to tryouts did not make the team. I truly think the coaches know who will be selected before tryouts.

I know he got more exposure at the TBCA than he did playing for one of our elite summer travel teams.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My son was selected last year as a senior and his coach told him personally to go to the tryouts along with a couple others on the team. The boys he told personally to go to tryouts made the team-the others that "heard" about the tryouts that went to tryouts did not make the team. I truly think the coaches know who will be selected before tryouts.

I know he got more exposure at the TBCA than he did playing for one of our elite summer travel teams.

for what its worth all 4 of the boys were told by their coach to go try out. I do not think the team was pre selected or any consipiracy stuff i just thin that there was someone better than my kid. The coaches noticed my son during the try out because of the 3 infield psotions he tried out at and made a comment about how many postions he played so i dont think he was overlooked i think someone was just better. while he hada good hitting tryout line drives and a pretty good HR i am sure the coaches looked at his batting average for the season and it wasnt high enough compared to someone who was chosen over him.

I would not want these coaches jobs for nothing they will have about 60-70 kids tey out and they are to pick about 25 so there will be talented kids that dont make it will they miss a kid or two SURE but i bet overall they pick it close to right

GOOD LUCK TO THE KIDS THAT DID MAKE IT AND ESPCIALLY MY RIVERDALE WARRIOR PLAYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know there has to be someone who knows who made this team that is reading this. If it is legit, please post the names. If it is political, just be honest and say we picked who we wanted and here they are.

In my opinion, the coaches knew who they wanted. One kid got a "special tryout" a week later and made the team. He probably would not have looked as good as some other kids during the actual tryout.....But hey, alot of the boys got exposure so "it is what it is". But still -political.(period)

Unfortunately most things these days revolve around politics. I think it is terrible that the trend has gone down as low as high school sports... or lower in some cases, but it has been this way for awhile.

Most all of you are correct, Riverdaleman I dont know how it is in middle and east tenn. but i know for a fact the the player from west tenn if they are not invited by the coach they will not be pick and some of the kids i know of in the past didnt even have to try out. There are coaches down here that pretty much run the roost and they have kids already on the team. Their are coaches that will make deals to get one of their kids on the team. And it is the same way with the sunbelt team. A lot of it is who has the bigger lips !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Most all of you are correct, Riverdaleman I dont know how it is in middle and east tenn. but i know for a fact the the player from west tenn if they are not invited by the coach they will not be pick and some of the kids i know of in the past didnt even have to try out. There are coaches down here that pretty much run the roost and they have kids already on the team. Their are coaches that will make deals to get one of their kids on the team. And it is the same way with the sunbelt team. A lot of it is who has the bigger lips !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW quite a statement! /popcorneater.gif" style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":popcorneater:" border="0" alt="popcorneater.gif" />

Per TBCA website

Regions 1/2 Tryouts

Monday May 25th 12:00 noon est

University of Tennessee

Head Coach Casey Taylor Clinton

Asst Coaches Tom Froning Oak Ridge

Keith Jones Jefferson Co

Andy Chrissman Science Hill

Taylor is a joke and this team is a joke ,its always loaded with players who play for the coaches.last years team had players who had already signed to play college ball.players who had played summer ball for years for the coaches. like always its not how good the players are but who you know to make this team.

I know there has to be someone who knows who made this team that is reading this. If it is legit, please post the names. If it is political, just be honest and say we picked who we wanted and here they are.

its a joke ,coaches pick who they want to help show off ,not the best players.it all starts with who you know just like any other team.last years team was loaded with players who wasnt that good but most of these players played for the coaches for years.or on the high school team the coaches where from.ITS POLITICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!